Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

On 21/11/2022 at 12:16, Gerry Daly said:

We will know better by the end of the season when we see how well Warne has done here and how well Rosenior has done at Hull. My gut feeling is that Warne will do really well and Rosenior will not 

I don't think you can compare what each manager will do at the end of the season. Warne is currently running with the squad that Rosenior put together in a very short time and during is short reign in charge did ok. Someone at Derby did not think that Rosenior was the right man to continue with the club. Warne, in my opinion has inherited a good squad and will see them finish in the top section of the league.

Rosenior has inherited a struggling team at Hull, in which no player adjustment can happen until the January transfer window.

On 21/11/2022 at 12:16, Gerry Daly said:

We will know better by the end of the season when we see how well Warne has done here and how well Rosenior has done at Hull. My gut feeling is that Warne will do really well and Rosenior will not 

I don’t think it will really tell us anything. We don’t know how Rosenior would have done over a full season with these players and we’ll never know how Warne would have done with the Hull squad.

Personally, I think it’s time to move on from trying to make comparisons.

I really don't see the point of the endless comparisons between Liam and Paul. I was and remain a Rosenior fan, but he's gone and he isn't coming back. It still smarts a little, but it's time to move on. The best we can do now, irrespective of where our loyalties lie, is to get behind the incumbent and the teams he puts out. We've morphed from being one of the most unified and staunch groups of supporters, rightly hailed by any number of neutrals last season, to the absolute polar opposite and it really isn't a good look.

16 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I really don't see the point of the endless comparisons between Liam and Paul. I was and remain a Rosenior fan, but he's gone and he isn't coming back. It still smarts a little, but it's time to move on. The best we can do now, irrespective of where our loyalties lie, is to get behind the incumbent and the teams he puts out. We've morphed from being one of the most unified and staunch groups of supporters, rightly hailed by any number of neutrals last season, to the absolute polar opposite and it really isn't a good look.

This forum is miles away from what is seen on match days. We have a squad where the excellent team ethics have continued from last season and have tremendous turnouts away from home. That attendances are down is not a surprise now we are in League 1 and also playing in competitions we had never heard of previously. The problems are in the mind of the poster but at least he has has kindly agreed its time to move on.

30 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

This forum is miles away from what is seen on match days. We have a squad where the excellent team ethics have continued from last season and have tremendous turnouts away from home. That attendances are down is not a surprise now we are in League 1 and also playing in competitions we had never heard of previously. The problems are in the mind of the poster but at least he has has kindly agreed its time to move on.

giphy.gif

On 21/11/2022 at 07:48, BathRam72 said:

I really can't believe anyone can honestly be calling for Warne to go after 9 league games. Pathetic. It is all the chopping and changing over the last few years that has in part got us where we are.

As stated, I am not calling for Warne to be sacked. I don't think his record over his first 9 games deserves that. Letting Rosenior go after 9 games was a pretty major "chop and change" though, which is why I continue to think it was a mistake to replace him. I don't pretend to know your views, but if you dislike "chop and change", why would you support replacing Rosenior with Warne??

Edited by DB83

On 21/11/2022 at 11:57, ram59 said:

I think that all this comparing what Warne is doing with Rosenior's 9 games is ridiculous. 9 games are far too few to be really meaningful.

You are so close to understanding why many of us continue to think that LR was treated very unfairly. 9 games are far too few to be really meaningful. Yes, correct!! Therefore, we should have given Rosenior an appropriate amount of time to prove (or disprove) himself (the exact length of time is debatable, though I'd have given him 18 months at least). But, apparently, 9 games were plenty enough to decide he wasn't up to the job. I continue to think that that was misguided and wrong, though based on the facts I cited it's of course debatable. However, we were 7th when Warne arrived, and now we're 8th. Woo f****** hoo, what a great improvement.

2 hours ago, DB83 said:

As stated, I am not calling for Warne to be sacked. I don't think his record over his first 9 games deserves that. Letting Rosenior go after 9 games was a pretty major "chop and change" though, which is why I continue to think it was a mistake to replace him. I don't pretend to know your views, but if you dislike "chop and change", why would you support replacing Rosenior with Warne??

I do not like chop and change. I didn't necessarily think Rosenior replaced either. However he was so now we need some stability.  We probably should have had that with Rosenior.  However I do think the philosophy of Warne is more positive and hopefully in the long run he will prove to be the right choice. 

4 hours ago, DB83 said:

You are so close to understanding why many of us continue to think that LR was treated very unfairly. 9 games are far too few to be really meaningful. Yes, correct!! Therefore, we should have given Rosenior an appropriate amount of time to prove (or disprove) himself (the exact length of time is debatable, though I'd have given him 18 months at least). But, apparently, 9 games were plenty enough to decide he wasn't up to the job. I continue to think that that was misguided and wrong, though based on the facts I cited it's of course debatable. However, we were 7th when Warne arrived, and now we're 8th. Woo f****** hoo, what a great improvement.

It all depends on whether we think LR was actually being given the chance to prove himself or simply being asked to hold the fort as interim manager until the man the club wanted could be appointed. If you believe the former then yes, of course, 9 games wasn’t enough but, I happen to believe the latter. Either way, there is no point continuing to voice your disappointment. It’s done now and time to move on.

Edited by Tamworthram

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It all depends on whether we think LR was actually being given the chance to prove himself or simply being asked to hold the fort as interim manager until the man the club wanted could be appointed. If you believe the former then yes, of course, 9 games wasn’t enough but, I happen to believe the latter. Either way, there is no point continuing to voice your disappointment. It’s done now and time to move on.

I personally think the club was hedging it's bets on Liam, and he certainly had a chance to make it his own, but he'd probably have had to do unarguably Impressive things to get it and "good under the circumstances" wasn't quite enough.

It's a ruthless business and LR knows that and his good work with us got him the gig at Hull and I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting he "failed" as interim manager.

I've come round to Paul Warne a lot, particularly since the Liverpool game it seems like the squad have started to really believe and started to "get it".

What's past is past, and that matters is now.

8 hours ago, DB83 said:

DB83 question for you, But I might know the answer, Derby 2 Plymouth 3, Plymouth score the winner in the 90th min through an "aberration" after being 2-0 up at HT, We then move on the Lincoln and lose 2-0, Dubious penalty and maybe a good goal chalked off for us.

Now here's the dilemma, As the owner and after seeing the last 2 performances with still no goals from our away travels, And with Rosenior not apparently having a plan "B" we seem to be at a crossroads, Do you keep with what you have and hope things change ASAP or go for someone who has a pedigree of getting out of this division.

Wycombe at home, We appear to have a plan "B" Knight moves from his RB position to midfield, We win a scruffy game 2-1, Rosenior after the game waves to all the fans...something didn't seem right with his actions, But hey 3 points and beers on the menu, A few days later Warne is given a 4 year contract.

Owners have to do what they believe is right for the club, What Rosenior did in those 9 games was OK, Nowt special just OK, Warne the same nowt special but we're now scoring away goals.

We'll never know if Rosenior would have been a success, He was our coach last season and our away form was shocking.

What would you have done?

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Oooh radical! ?

The former means that Clowes isn't the Messiah but a big meanie like Mel, the latter means he's a reasonable businessman who plays Messiah in his spare time! ?

It’s down to what you feel about what your watching , personally I didn’t think rosenior was not going to cut it at this level with the style we were watching and I felt we were getting worse as the games went on , that coupled with the fact I found us more and more frustrating to watch game on game with the knocking it round the back and when we were able to break we seemed to get forward fast then pass back into our own half rather than go for it , I would rather lose a goal being countered when trying to score ourselves than lose a goal from mistakes off square balls in defence when being pressed and often not under too much pressure, I enjoy what warne is doing much more ,

just my view and doesn’t mean I’m right but I prefer what warne seems to want the team doing though I’m sure both managers and styles can be successful given the right players with the qualities for each and the willingness to buy into the manager,

im glad we went for warne for the above reasons and it also feels like a fresh start and approach 

Edited by Archied

11 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Bit like Brexit...

(though at least I'm in favour of the Warne appointment)

About 2.45pm this afternoon, I was was walking back home along the Main Road in Brailsford with my two Jack Russells after a walk across the fields. I wasn't aware that anyone was walking behind me and as I turned right to my house I was giving my dogs a bollocking in master-doggy banter because they were trying to delay me by sniffing in the grass verge. I heard the sound of laughter behind me and as I turned around while walking into the drive, I was greeted by a guy who with a friendly laugh said "Hi are you okay?"

I turned around and said "Fine thanks, hullo."

I was startled to see he had a beard, a big friendly smile, the PW Rams bobble hat and his standard Derby County training gear on. It was Paul Warne. By the time I realised who it was, he was thirty yards along the pavement and on his way. I've got a Tassimo coffee machine at home and if I'd realised in time, I'd have invited him I'm in for cuppa. Why was he alone and walking in the village at that time? I'm hoping it's because he's come to live in the village - we are only a couple of hundred yards away from Brailsford Hall which is the HQ of the Clowes estate, so it would make sense.

Anyway, I've been out and stocked up on Costa coffee pods in case he comes along again.

COYR

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

About 2.45pm this afternoon, I was was walking back home along the Main Road in Brailsford with my two Jack Russells after a walk across the fields. I wasn't aware that anyone was walking behind me and as I turned right to my house I was giving my dogs a bollocking in master-doggy banter because they were trying to delay me by sniffing in the grass verge. I heard the sound of laughter behind me and as I turned around while walking into the drive, I was greeted by a guy who with a friendly laugh said "Hi are you okay?"

I was startled to see he had a beard, a big friendly smile, the PW Rams bobble hat and his standard Derby County training gear on. It was Paul Warne. By the time I realised who it was, he was thirty yards along the pavement and on his way. I've got a Tassimo coffee machine at home and if I'd realised in time, I'd have invited him I'm in for cuppa. Why was he alone and walking in the village at that time? I'm hoping it's because he's come to live in the village - we are only a couple of hundred yards away from Brailsford Hall which is the HQ of the Clowes estate, so it would make sense.

Anyway, I've been out and stocked up on Costa coffee pods in case he comes along again.

COYR

Better buy a mug with his picture on it too!

You’ll be buddies for life!  ?

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

COYR

Is it going to end up like this?

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Better buy a mug with his picture on it too!

You’ll be buddies for life!  ?

Nah. I've got a Cloughie mug still and I wouldn't want to give him an inferiority complex by putting it alongside that. He seems too nice a guy to do that to him ?

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is it going to end up like this?

No. I've got a Cloughie tattoo across my torso. There's no room for any more ?