EFL Highlights on ITV

1of4

The EFL highlights are scheduled to start at 11.15 Saturday night. So by the time it gets round to showing the League 1 highlights it will be Sunday morning. Sad to see the EFL have sold the rights to screen the highlights to a tv company that cares so little about the fans. Are Parry and co more interested in selling the tv rights to the highest bidder, without any concern for when the programme will be shown.

Sure there on itv 4 at 9pm then later on itv 1 

Throughout the season, a comprehensive round-up of all the day’s action from across the EFL will be screened in the primetime slot each Saturday at 9pm on ITV4, with a repeat being shown on ITV [main channel] later in the evening.

Edited by Simon Bradley

20 hours ago, 1of4 said:

The EFL highlights are scheduled to start at 11.15 Saturday night. So by the time it gets round to showing the League 1 highlights it will be Sunday morning. Sad to see the EFL have sold the rights to screen the highlights to a tv company that cares so little about the fans. Are Parry and co more interested in selling the tv rights to the highest bidder, without any concern for when the programme will be shown.

To be fair, we've* spent the past 5 years or so slagging off the EFL for not negotiating a better financial TV deal.

*Mel, you, me, puppets on strings, football forums countrywide, all football outside The Prem, etc.

I didn’t think it was possible, but ITV has managed to make less of an effort than Quest with their coverage.  Nothing says “Footballs back!” More than 5 minutes of Cardiff’s laboured 1-0 win over Norwich.  And to cap it all off the action was analysed by the personality black hole that is Dean Ashton.  

Piss poor

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I didn’t think it was possible, but ITV has managed to make less of an effort than Quest with their coverage.  Nothing says “Footballs back!” More than 5 minutes of Cardiff’s laboured 1-0 win over Norwich.  And to cap it all off the action was analysed by the personality black hole that is Dean Ashton.  

Piss poor

I didn’t think it was that different than Quest’s coverage. Seeing as it’s basically produced by the same production company, the only difference being the channel it’s on. 

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Piss poor

What exactly are you looking for?

Personally I was expecting some radically changed, modern nonsense, so I was pleasantly surprised. I don't want fan vox pops, experts standing in front of a smart screen over explaining what we already know, a raft of meaningless stats analysis, I want to see the highlights with a small amount of comment and that's what we got. Not everybody will agree so I'm interested what your ideal highlights programme would be.

On 27/07/2022 at 07:59, BriggRam said:

Sunday afternoon catch up would be better with the states I get into on a Saturday night

A bit old school but  I recorded it (onto a recorder hard drive not these state of the art video tape things ?) and did indeed watch it Sunday afternoon.

The beauty of MOTD in comparison to any football league show is that they only have one league to concentrate on. 

With the amount of ‘big’ teams in league one now, it’s a bit meh that we have to wait 40 mins for a quick 30 second clip. 

In an ideal world each league would have their own show but marketing that would be tricky.  

As others have noted with ramstv and YouTube so accessible these days it’s maybe out dating the usual format of match analysis and highlights.

23 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

The beauty of MOTD in comparison to any football league show is that they only have one league to concentrate on. 

With the amount of ‘big’ teams in league one now, it’s a bit meh that we have to wait 40 mins for a quick 30 second clip. 

In an ideal world each league would have their own show but marketing that would be tricky.  

As others have noted with ramstv and YouTube so accessible these days it’s maybe out dating the usual format of match analysis and highlights.

They could do a "picked" game from each division which gets about 10 mins each and then do the rest. 

Star Soccer used to have 2 matches, the day after..... 

• 2 weeks later...

Why do I feel as if I'm watching an online blog rather then a show from a major tv company. Who chose the music that's being used? Every time I hear it when they come back from a commercial break, I'm expecting Cagney and Lacey to appear.