Matchday Thread v Hertha Berlin (H) 16th July 16:00

ollycutts1982

30 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

How’s Collins looking?

Any impact?

Always difficult to tell in friendlies, I know.

Not had much to work with but always in the right place. Held up a clearance on the half way and won a battling free kick. Mcgoldrick is going to be a provider. Looks very handy. Roberts looks excellent and Wildsmiths kicking is more targeted than we’ve seen for a while. Max is pulling strings and looks every bit a senior player

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

How much of their first team are playing?

Looking at a few random line ups from last season there are maybe 4 first teamers, and a few new signings.

They have sold a couple of players and a number of loans have gone back to their parent clubs so this might be something like their first XI. It's their second match of the day but the better opposition so I'd expect this is the stronger of the squads. Kenny and the left winger look decent. Giving Roberts a good test and he's doing well.

35 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Bielik was recovering from a knee twinge he suffered on international duty. That is straight from Roseniors mouth after he was asked after the last game

I would assume he still hasnt recovered, no?

I feel sorry for Bielik if his knee problems are going to hamper his career. It doesn't sound promising and he might have had an illustrious career otherwise. Let's hope things get better for him.