Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

I was on from 09:30 in the hope they'd go on sale early. Chose seats, 5 of them, got the "not on sale yet" message. Chose again, same again, for half an hour clicking on every 3 or so seconds. 10:00 comes and the message changes to "seat not available". Looked at the blocks and there were about 20 left, spread all over the place. Next hour the sold out message kept changing to BUY, go to the block where someone had just released tickets from their basket.... click, "not available". As expats we booked flights to Donington, hotels etc back in December to save money..... then the £150 return flights we'd booked nosedived because Flybe went bust. Hopefully get the cash back from the Credit Card but that's not guaranteed. Rebooked on KLM to Brum at £300 each. Still coming over. Got ourselves on the "returns list" with the ticket office. Looking at whether Barnsley allow visiting fans to do hospitality. If both avenues (returns/hospitality) fail,  we'll do hospitality at Burton v Accrington.

9 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I was on from 09:30 in the hope they'd go on sale early. Chose seats, 5 of them, got the "not on sale yet" message. Chose again, same again, for half an hour clicking on every 3 or so seconds. 10:00 comes and the message changes to "seat not available". Looked at the blocks and there were about 20 left, spread all over the place. Next hour the sold out message kept changing to BUY, go to the block where someone had just released tickets from their basket.... click, "not available". As expats we booked flights to Donington, hotels etc back in December to save money..... then the £150 return flights we'd booked nosedived because Flybe went bust. Hopefully get the cash back from the Credit Card but that's not guaranteed. Rebooked on KLM to Brum at £300 each. Still coming over. Got ourselves on the "returns list" with the ticket office. Looking at whether Barnsley allow visiting fans to do hospitality. If both avenues (returns/hospitality) fail,  we'll do hospitality at Burton v Accrington.

I enquired about hospitality a few weeks back as a back up plan and was told it was sold out apart from a few spaces in the corner stand. They were happy to sell us two places knowing we're Derby fans. Not sure if there are any places left.

1 minute ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I enquired about hospitality a few weeks back as a back up plan and was told it was sold out apart from a few spaces in the corner stand. They were happy to sell us two places knowing we're Derby fans. Not sure if there are any places left.

Yaarksheeer is famous for its hospitality, so you should have no problems. Just avoid SYP like the plague, cos they're the real hooligans. 

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

As a season ticket holder, I'd be very tempted to agree.  Surely that gives us some sort of priority?

However, with a history of "One away game in the past few seasons" (Blackpool), I'd find it hard to argue with any regular (or even semi-regular) away fan who says something along the lines of "WTF does having a home season ticket have to do with away game tickets?".  I could reluctantly see their point.

I thought having a membership plus 10 I’d struggle to get tickets but easily each game so over the last few years Memberships have worked just thought it would let season ticket holders who can’t get to every away game a chance to get the odd ticket without having to pay for a membership 

16 minutes ago, Topram said:

I thought having a membership plus 10 I’d struggle to get tickets but easily each game so over the last few years Memberships have worked just thought it would let season ticket holders who can’t get to every away game a chance to get the odd ticket without having to pay for a membership 

No sadly

Anyone want go to games need membership.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Well you guys only giving us 2.5k

When whole end upper hold 3k.

What did Newcastle fans do I heard was trouble.

Due to the Newcastle fans issue the upper which holds 4.4k was reduced to 2.5k for Plymouth and they had 1.2k on the lower, as the game is the last match and could matter to both clubs I wouldn't be surprised if we put our own fans on the bottom and give you the upper.

1 minute ago, walkleyowl said:

Due to the Newcastle fans issue the upper which holds 4.4k was reduced to 2.5k for Plymouth and they had 1.2k on the lower, as the game is the last match and could matter to both clubs I wouldn't be surprised if we put our own fans on the bottom and give you the upper.

I can see the Police being dead keen on that idea.

3 minutes ago, walkleyowl said:

Well you cant judge with same brush and besides we always have whole end.

5 hours ago, Topram said:

These games should be season tickets before general sale 

I get this argument, but as someone who doesn’t live in Derby and doesn’t generally get to go to many home games, the current system has allowed me to get to 7 away games so far this season. If there were a ST priority window I doubt I’d have been able to go to any.