Liam Rosenior

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why do we have to name another manager?

well ,you and your fellow wrist slashers are quick to point out the problems and weaknesses , why not try giving some insight into solutions , humour me and give me a realistic name of a manager who will come in under these constraints and sort out , the away form , right back , centre mid , centre forward , tactics  etc  and gain promotion this season

Just now, Premier ram said:

well ,you and your fellow wrist slashers are quick to point out the problems and weaknesses , why not try giving some insight into solutions , humour me and give me a realistic name of a manager who will come in under these constraints and sort out , the away form , right back , centre mid , centre forward , tactics  etc  and gain promotion this season

Just to be clear I don’t think Liam should be sacked as interim manager .

He has a difficult job and is doing reasonably well .

I want the guy to do well .

We have to have opinions so let us. 

12 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Not answered my question, what's the bigger picture that Clowes is thinking of. Think you'll find i've never said I want him sacked. You must have missed my earlier post saying I never call for a managers head.

Imo he's not doing a good enough job.

the bigger picture is that this season is about rebuilding the club from top to bottom , going to be a long process , we have a new owner , rookie management staff , a brand new squad , i appreciate everyone wants to get back to the championship but there are going to be bumps in the road , the days of sacking managers and replacing players with new signings at the drop of a hat are behind us , patince from everybody involved is whats needed at the moment , yes the away forms bad , the manager , players and supporters know that , i just feel that getting another manager in at this point is not practical

2 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

the bigger picture is that this season is about rebuilding the club from top to bottom , going to be a long process , we have a new owner , rookie management staff , a brand new squad , i appreciate everyone wants to get back to the championship but there are going to be bumps in the road , the days of sacking managers and replacing players with new signings at the drop of a hat are behind us , patince from everybody involved is whats needed at the moment , yes the away forms bad , the manager , players and supporters know that , i just feel that getting another manager in at this point is not practical

We won’t be getting a new manager it’s as simple as that. .

That doesn’t mean Liam needs to think his job is safe if we lose lots of games .

PS He’s only interim and I’m not sure that’s sends a good message to the players 

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We won’t be getting a new manager it’s as simple as that. .

That doesn’t mean Liam needs to think his job is safe if we lose lots of games .

PS He’s only interim and I’m not sure that’s sends a good message to the players 

Does that affect the players performance then, if so how ?

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Your evaluation doesn't say that a lot is actually right. 

And, I don't think we'd have any issues replacing LR if that time did come. 

33 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Does that affect the players performance then, if so how ?

We dont know, But, I've worked under temporary managers who thought they could up our % of output, Who thought he knew about shopfloor mentality and thought he would get by by changing work practices, They didn't succeed, New manager comes in talks to the staff and understands how to get the best from the workforce, With an arm around a shoulder to those who need motivation, And an accusing finger at those who want to take the pi$$, Players are no different...hence LR saying "he's learning about his players"

Unless we get a summery of what LR is doing on the training ground, We get a lowdown on his team talks, We find out who his favourites are/or not.

We can only go by what the results are, And so far he's doing OK ish with the tools at his disposal that he went out and sourced 

Sometimes a team is missing just one ingredient, which results in 'failure'. You can either wait until you get the player needed to make the system work, or adapt the system to suit the players.
I think back to the Jim Smith days, when the team needed the introduction of Stimac before all the pieces were assembled. More recently, Klopp waited to get his final piece of the jigsaw (Van Dijk). A key component of the resultant success of both sides was  the rest of the team getting use to the tactics.

Rosenior can change his tactics now, but then the whole team will be getting use to something new now and next season.
Ultimately, for a variety of reasons we failed to sign the RB and winger we had hoped for. But, we'll surely be looking to add to the squad where needed in January. As long as we're within touching distance of top 6 after the next 16 games, we should be able to finish the season strongly.

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

How will I appoint the new manager and how much can I pay them, how much will they have to spend - I need to know the before I can speak to them about the job.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

How will I appoint the new manager and how much can I pay them, how much will they have to spend - I need to know the before I can speak to them about the job.

i never said you would be appointing them , just give me an idea of who you think is the answer if not Rosenior

Great managers can alter their tactics based on the opponent's style of play, how the match is going, and what the team needs to do to score or preserve a lead.

A weak tactician will run out of ideas, have his team play one-dimensional football, and appear like a headless chicken on the touchline shrieking directions.

A bad manager will blame his players rather than accepting the fault lies with him.

At this moment Rosenoir is not a great manager, do we have the time to wait for him to be?