Season ticket prices are going up, will ours?

Boycie

41 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Agreed.  But this is catch 22.  They will want season ticket sales for cashflow; but if said sales don't meet expectations they will need to lower price to pay the bills so they can stage games people pay the unreduced price for.  

The situation is different to usual in that the upfront money is worth £ for £ massively more than normal as without it we could fold.  

I don't necessarily agree. As I say, it would only become an issue in terms of cash flow if total sales dropped dramatically. Match day sales are just as useful for cash flow as ST sales. You can't use total ST sales income immediately for cash flow as the funds are released after each game. I don't think you can really count ST income as "up front" £.

13 hours ago, sage said:

i hope not

i thought we would make a projection of income and assemble squad accordingly. When a new owner arrives than we could increase the budget

I was under the impression we had to have funding in place before we could sell the season tickets but I may be wrong.

As much as I want to renew my tickets l,I won't be putting my money at risk until the club is out of administration.

Hopefully,when we are are clear then I'd expect a reduction over last year's due to our drop to league 1 or at least to be on a par with the rest of the league.

All down to the new owner though and their long term strategy in respect of fan retention/attraction of new fans.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I was under the impression we had to have funding in place before we could sell the season tickets but I may be wrong.

How did Wigan start a season?

How much funding? or is it just an underwriting?

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't necessarily agree. As I say, it would only become an issue in terms of cash flow if total sales dropped dramatically. Match day sales are just as useful for cash flow as ST sales. You can't use total ST sales income immediately for cash flow as the funds are released after each game. I don't think you can really count ST income as "up front" £.

I take your point.  However, with the right terms they could reasonably borrow against season ticket amounts, as the deal is struck and in an account; on the day depends on various factors - rain, rail strikes, Champions League games on TV etc.  A bird in the hand....

42 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I take your point.  However, with the right terms they could reasonably borrow against season ticket amounts, as the deal is struck and in an account; on the day depends on various factors - rain, rail strikes, Champions League games on TV etc.  A bird in the hand....

Fair point but still not worth offering generous discounts that would damage our annual income unless it was the last resort to keep us going in the event that, as I said, total ticket sales dropped significantly and/or there was no prospect of a new owner in the short term. 

For me, if, it looks like we are going to go into the season in Admin, with no team to speak of and getting a 15 point deduction I'm not sure I can muster up the energy to sit through one more season of dying before we kick a ball.

I've been a season ticket holder 17 or so years and seen some bad football but I just found last season really hard to cope with. Many seemed to get behind the team which I admired (sometimes from a far). Like many the whole thing is killing me inside so I'm not sure I can go and view the slow death of the team as well.  

With the uncertainty around the club, the cost of living and the high costs of Season Tickets I wouldn't blame anyone for not risking it at the moment. Even if a white horse comes riding into town and the club is saved before the end of July, I wouldn't blame anyone wanting to regain a bit of trust in the club and for me charging the same as when we were in the Championship wouldn't really do that. 

The prices for admission really don't fall that much in the lower leagues.

My season ticket worked out at £17.and something per game last season. I paid £15 at Alfreton Town in non-league and £25 in the home ends at Bristol Rovers and Forest Green Rovers, both in division two at the time.

The club will want to sell season tickets as the admin involved in people purchasing match by match is a nightmare. That's why season ticket holders get a pretty generous discount.

If you're worried about us going bust, just do the direct debit option and pay as you go. 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

My season ticket worked out at £17.and something per game last season. I paid £15 at Alfreton Town in non-league and £25 in the home ends at Bristol Rovers and Forest Green Rovers, both in division two at the time.

The club will want to sell season tickets as the admin involved in people purchasing match by match is a nightmare. That's why season ticket holders get a pretty generous discount.

If you're worried about us going bust, just do the direct debit option and pay as you go. 

Can you lend me the money and I’ll see you right when I get my new glasses ? 

30 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thank you for informing me of this option.  I really hope it is available, as didn't know they offered it, but more than happy to buy with this idea.

1 hour ago, Beetle said:

As we are completely ruined financially I would expect the prices would go up to help pay off the tax bill and other creditors

We are ruined at the moment but let’s see what this takeover brings. If it doesn’t materialise then we won’t be getting a season ticket imo!

49 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Genuine question if someone buys a ST on the credit card and we go pop, can the credit card company refuse to refund anything as they could say you bought it fully aware of the risks. Or play silly buggers and say x many games were played therefore you have used "the service" you paid for 

Very hard to find an answer.  

I can't find any info regarding purchases from a company already in administration, and what protection a consumer has.

Buyer beware, I'd guess.