Academy thread 22/23

RoyMac5

I think wages would be an issue to a permanent move. He’s probably on 3/4 times more than others in this team and that would take up a huge chunk of the u21 budget. Showed real quality at times tonight. 

31 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I was impressed by new lad and laim kelly and the lad who scored derby goal remind me of a young Jamie ward.

Blu-Lo Everton, Cian Kelly and Joe Haigh.

I haven't seen much of BLE, but there is some potential there. Hopefully we get to see a lot more of him.

I like Kelly. Good attacker, as should be expected from a winger. Needs to learn alot about the defensive side of the game if he is to continue playing at LB long term.

Haigh is the player talked about in the previous few posts. Definitely exceeding my expectations so far.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I haven't seen much of BLE, but there is some potential there. Hopefully we get to see a lot more of him.

From what I've seen and what Watford fans have said is that he's definitely got the technical quality, it's just his physicality that he needs to improve, seems quite lightweight for me.

I just want to nip this in the bud before everyone gets into the habit of getting players' names wrong. For example, Korey-Smith in the match ratings thread...

Sonny Blu (given names) Lo-Everton (surname). So BLE doesn't make sense as an acronym for him. If you were to shorten it to initials then SBLE, but I personally think it's easier to just write Sonny, as we're unlikely to have anyone else at the club with that first name.

7 minutes ago, ExiledinDerby said:

Another loss unfortunately. Finished 2-1 

90'+7'

Goal! Norwich City U21 2, Derby County U21 1. Courtney Clarke (Derby County U21) left footed shot from the left side of the box to the top left corner. Assisted by Will Grewal-Pollard with a cross.

The less said about Norwich's second goal the better!

Although that means I shouldn't even have said the above, so I'm definitely not going to post the video of it.

(Keeper caught a high ball toward goal and carried it backwards over the line, no pressure on him from the opposition. Can't remember the last time I saw someone do that! Not one Evans' highlight reel)

Edited by Kokosnuss

10 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

The less said about Norwich's second goal the better!

Although that means I shouldn't even have said the above, so I'm definitely not going to post the video of it.

(Keeper caught a high ball toward goal and carried it backwards over the line, no pressure on him from the opposition. Can't remember the last time I saw someone do that! Not one Evans' highlight reel)

Frank Lane on his debut for Liverpool at the BBG 1972/3 season caught a cross and stepped over his line. Kevin Hector stood on the line in front of him to show the ref and linesman that it was a goal.