Academy thread 22/23

RoyMac5

6 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Jack Thompson is in our Academy but not old enough to be a scholar yet. Is he an U16 now

Jack is a second year scholar now. He is still at school. He was given a scholarship last season  aged 14. Previous to this, scholarships were only offered to 17 year-olds. Jack is therefore the youngest ever Derby scholar. After three of Jack's peers from his age group left to join Man. Utd. while we were in administration the club took steps to retain him to ensure that if he was subjected to a similar offer DCFC would benefit from higher compensation should he choose to leave.

Niall McAndrew is a first year scholar who has been with the academy since boyhood, alongside Jack in the same age group.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

59 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Jack is a second year scholar now. He is still at school. He was given a scholarship last season  aged 14. Previous to this, scholarships were only offered to 17 year-olds. Jack is therefore the youngest ever Derby scholar. After three of Jack's peers from his age group left to join Man. Utd. while we were in administration the club took steps to retain him to ensure that if he was subjected to a similar offer DCFC would benefit from higher compensation should he choose to leave.

Niall McAndrew is a first year scholar who has been with the academy since boyhood, alongside Jack in the same age group.

Are they 3 different ones to those we swopped for Mengi's 2 hours of football.

5 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I’m pretty sure Jack and Niall are still at school and won’t start their first year of scholarship until July 2023. Jack was offered early but you can’t start it until your school years have finished. 

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I’m pretty sure Jack and Niall are still at school and won’t start their first year of scholarship until July 2023. Jack was offered early but you can’t start it until your school years have finished. 

Jack's family are close friends of mine and I stand by what I say. He became a scholar last year. He is still at school but he is released to the academy on one full day a week at present. 

Edited by Brailsford Ram

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Are they 3 different ones to those we swopped for Mengi's 2 hours of football.

We received compensation for each of them with conditional future add-ons.

52 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Jack's family are close friends of mine and I stand by what I say. He became a scholar last year. He is still at school but he is released to the academy on one full day a week at present. 

Scholarships don’t start until they leave school at 16. They can be offered at 14 but don’t start. You are a first year at u17 and a second year at u18. In the last few year Evans Moore Gordon Hawkins Brown and a few others were all offered their scholarships at 14. The scholarship is the old YTS. 

17 minutes ago, ExiledinDerby said:

Scholarships don’t start until they leave school at 16. They can be offered at 14 but don’t start. You are a first year at u17 and a second year at u18. In the last few year Evans Moore Gordon Hawkins Brown and a few others were all offered their scholarships at 14. The scholarship is the old YTS. 

??

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Exactly what @ExiledinDerby said. Jack was offered his scholarship at 14 but that doesn’t start until he’s finished his exams. 

You’ll see what the club released a few weeks ago with all the first year scholars and Jack hasn’t been in that picture this year or last years intake. 

1 hour ago, JfR said:

Is Tobi trialist B against Stoke City U18s today?

1. Jack Thompson

2. Callum Moore

3. Tristan Gill

4. Adebayo Fapetu

5. Nelson Aideyan

6. Keilen Robinson

7. Reece Nicholas-Davies

8. Niall McAndrew

9. Lennon Wheeldon

10. Cameron Ashia

11. Johnson Osong

12. Billy Gough

13. Harley Price

14. Farren Simons

15. Zion Dixon

16. Trialist B

https://int.soccerway.com/matches/2022/08/20/england/premier-academy-league/derby-county-fc-under-18-academy/stoke-city-fc-under-18-academy/3895898/

Edited by Stuniverse

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

Is Tobi trialist B against Stoke City U18s today?

1. Jack Thompson

2. Callum Moore

3. Tristan Gill

4. Adebayo Fapetu

5. Nelson Aideyan

6. Keilen Robinson

7. Reece Nicholas-Davies

8. Niall McAndrew

9. Lennon Wheeldon

10. Cameron Ashia

11. Johnson Osong

12. Billy Gough

13. Harley Price

14. Farren Simons

15. Zion Dixon

16. Trialist B

https://int.soccerway.com/matches/2022/08/20/england/premier-academy-league/derby-county-fc-under-18-academy/stoke-city-fc-under-18-academy/3895898/

Derby County U18s 0-1 Stoke City U18s