Academy thread 22/23

RoyMac5

15 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

First year scholar. LB

15 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Still U16s

Yep. U16s I think. Wasn’t confirmed as a first-year scholar and doesn’t have an U18 player profile on the official site. If he’s been with us since U12s I think he would’ve been confirmed with the other first-year scholars if he was one.

On 03/09/2022 at 08:07, ExiledinDerby said:

Interesting they started with Z Dixon on the bench after he travelled u21s last week. 

Turns out it was Connor Dixon on the bench against Newcastle, coming on after 81 minutes, not Zion Dixon.

Edited by Stuniverse

Heard that Evans loan to Melton over and has been recalled to the club. Interesting to see what they do with him now. I think he will stay u21s / look for a new loan as it suits him and the club. 

1 hour ago, ExiledinDerby said:

Heard that Evans loan to Melton over and has been recalled to the club. Interesting to see what they do with him now. I think he will stay u21s / look for a new loan as it suits him and the club. 

Doesn’t look like Evans is in the squad tonight. Foulkes starts and Roberts on the bench.

Sonny Blu Lo-Everton starts (still a trialist?) and a trialist on the bench. Leigh Kavanagh and Joe Haigh both start.

Source: https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2022/09/16/england/premier-league-2-division-two/west-bromwich-albion-under-21/derby-county-u21/3895811/

Edited by Stuniverse

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/09/under-21s-preview-afc-bournemouth-a

There are some very useful updates in this Under 21s preview for their cup match at Bournemouth. 

Bardell and Clarke getting closer to fitness, Solomon and Dixon back fit, Aghatise still injured but Sonny Blu Lo-Everton has signed a one year deal with us. 

Worth a read.