Academy thread 22/23

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, ExiledinDerby said:

He still has a lot to learn. Personally I agree his positioning is his weakness. 

I think he has suffered from being "demoted" from the first team squad. So, he seems like he's going through the motions half of the time. See some really bright play, but then he switches off. 

Also, gets himself into trouble trying to get back and cover when he's wandered too far upfield. 

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think he has suffered from being "demoted" from the first team squad. So, he seems like he's going through the motions half of the time. See some really bright play, but then he switches off. 

Also, gets himself into trouble trying to get back and cover when he's wandered too far upfield. 

Agree at times he looks like he has wandered off in his mind. Going forward he creates a lot and his pace is great but leaves a big hole behind him which has been exploited once or twice… 

I think he needs to be around the first team for his confidence and harshly or not his interest in developing…

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

Likewise Harrison Solomon.

Aideyan and Sebagado too. Z Dixon just seemed to lose his confidence and his way a bit. As a schoolboy he terrorised defenders. I think all will pick up clubs though. 

52 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

U18s - appearances and goals 2022/23 Season

Based on soccerway, cross-referenced with the Official Derby County website (where there was an U18 match report), these are the U18 appearances and goals stats for the 2022/23 Season as far as I can tell:

U18s_1.thumb.png.2dc26e3481a69d2896d2ba7e10d30327.png

U18s_2.thumb.png.fe5da18f9c93ffd6de94632a4a6ed448.png

U18s_3.thumb.png.5d60c1b38c9f8306a12a930fba20c1e0.png

Great work, Stu. I don't get to many under 18s games but always interested to see who might be doing well and pushing to progress to the next level.

Do you get to watch them regularly? If so, who are your picks? 

On 22/05/2023 at 18:56, angieram said:

Great work, Stu. I don't get to many under 18s games but always interested to see who might be doing well and pushing to progress to the next level.

Do you get to watch them regularly? If so, who are your picks? 

Thank you, @angieram.

No, I don’t get to watch the U18s unless they are playing at Pride Park or somewhere other than Moor Farm. To be honest, I hadn’t realised the games at Moor Farm were open to the public but, as they are usually early Saturday afternoons and would be tight to make first team games, I haven’t really looked into it.

So I’ve only really seen the U18s who step up to the U21s. The standouts to me are Darren Robinson, Harry Evans and Harry Hawkins, Jaydan Davidson, Dajaune Brown and Carlos Richards. But then I rated Sam Sebagabo (who has been released) so take what I say with a large pinch of salt.

I’m excited to see how England youth international Jack Thompson adapts to full-time football next season, as well as two other youth internationals (assuming they sign on as scholars) in Niall McAndrew (Ireland) and Cruz Allen (Wales).

If my record keeping is correct, an incredible 44 players were named in U18 matchday squads last season - quite a few of them being U16s so, hopefully, that will give them a head-start experience wise for next season’s U18 campaign.

Edited by Stuniverse

12 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Thank you, @angieram.

No, I don’t get to watch the U18s unless they are playing at Pride Park or somewhere other than Moor Farm. To be honest, I hadn’t realised the games at Moor Farm were open to the public but, as they are usually early Saturday afternoons and would be tight to make first team games, I haven’t really looked into it.

So I’ve only really seen the U18s who step up to the U21s. The standouts to me are Darren Robinson, Harry Evans and Harry Hawkins, Jaydan Davidson, Dajaune Brown and Carlos Richards. But then I rated Sam Sebagabo (who has been released) so take what I say with a large pinch of salt.

I’m excited to see how England youth international Jack Thompson adapts to full-time football next season, as well as two other youth internationals (assuming they sign on as scholars) in Niall McAndrew (Ireland) and Cruz Allen (Wales).

If my record keeping is correct, an incredible 44 players were named in U18 matchday squads last season - quite a few of them being U16s so, hopefully, that will give them a head-start experience wise for next season’s U18 campaign.

seen the U18s a few times mate and agree with you about Sebagabo , thought he looked very talented and had a future at this club , what do we know hey