Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

15 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just out of interest, do you actually sit there and watch the Forest games?

I’ve seen a few of their games if they aren’t playing the same time as Derby.

When I don’t watch them, I go by the betting stats of the game rather than the number of shots and possession.

The betting stats are of course shots, XG, dangerous attacks and number of final third entries. Forest are second best in these areas, and by quite some way, almost every game. 

Then I read the match analysis where it regularly states players missing sitters, penalties or hitting the woodwork.

22 hours ago, GenBr said:

Don't care what league we're in. I just watch Derby and i've found this season to be one of the most fun we've had in a while. Forest on the other are watching their team play s*** football trying to avoid conceding too many and barely scoring at all - sounds grim as f*** to me

You sound like all the Forest fans who kept telling us that League 1 was the worst thing that ever happened to them and how much we'd hate it down here. Its fine down here - not sure what you're all whinging about. 

So when you've lost in the playoffs. Facing another season in the third tier with an aging squad that you can't make additions to.. We'll see what your enthusiasm is. 

Dont listen to just me. Ask Sunderland what they thought of their multiple years in L1.

36 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

So when you've lost in the playoffs. Facing another season in the third tier with an aging squad that you can't make additions to.. We'll see what your enthusiasm is. 

Dont listen to just me. Ask Sunderland what they thought of their multiple years in L1.

Another fool who thinks they know when in reality they know nowt, Of course we can make additions, Our wages are capped at 12k, We can only give 2 year contracts, There's several players who are only on 1 year contracts, Warne could have brought not bought...I hope you know the difference between the 2 in January...but he chose to go down the line of loans, Loans are where you borrow a player from another team and don't pay a transfer fee.

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Do you know many teams that don't have an ageing squad? Because if you do, I'm sure scientists would love to hear about it.

BTW, we've got 7 players over the age of 32 who are out of contract in the summer, when many other players in other clubs will be out of contract too. Whilst we can't pay fees, we can offer players a very good salary at L1 level, so I'm not too worried about being stuck with a squad full of old players, because on July 1st, we'll only have 4 players aged 30-32 in the squad.

6 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I said it once, but i guess you didnt read it - Im. Not. Bothered. Which. League. We. Are. In. I don't care if we spend 10 years in League one. 

I watch Derby good or bad. I know your lot start streaming out if things aren't quite going your way, but thats not how i watch football.

By your logic we'd just be watching an aging squad that we cant make additions to in tier 2 rather than tier 3 if we get promoted. Makes no difference then does it. Obviously thats a load of b******* and there is nothing stopping us adding players, but its your logic not mine.

I'm not going to ask the fans of another team with delusions of grandeur. We get enough of that from you.

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

I said it once, but i guess you didnt read it - Im. Not. Bothered. Which. League. We. Are. In. I don't care if we spend 10 years in League one. 

I would also be more than happy with this arrangement. Lets hope for both our sake it happens. 

Found your natural level. Got your Nigel Clough derby to look forward too, eh?

10 hours ago, Crewton said:

Do you know many teams that don't have an ageing squad? Because if you do, I'm sure scientists would love to hear about it.

We don't.

We did, but then we got promoted to the Premier League. You know, the same season you dropped into the third tier.

Funny how things work out. Thankfully you're all content there it seems!

Break Up Relationship GIF by John Crist Comedy

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

We don't.

We did, but then we got promoted to the Premier League. You know, the same season you dropped into the third tier.

Funny how things work out. Thankfully you're all content there it seems!

Break Up Relationship GIF by John Crist Comedy

Unless your entire squad just died, they're all ageing. That's how it works, although tbf you seem to be permanently stuck in puberty.

12 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I would also be more than happy with this arrangement. Lets hope for both our sake it happens. 

We have periods in our history where we play well and periods where we don't. Not that difficult to understand is it? Its part of the fun of being a football fan. 

Your attendance dropped off a cliff when you went down to league one and you've then spent the last 15 years incessentantly whinging about how terrible it was that you were subjected to the indignity of being in the third tier. You've had one good season in the last 30 years and now you think you're going to win the premier league.

Nigel would probably do pretty well in league one, but i am happy with the current arrangement thanks.

12 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

OK, I'll have a go at explaining this. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because I think it is probably quite hard for other teams fans to understand our mindset this season. In most circumstances a relegation to League 1 would rightly be a cause for much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Would I rather we were a competitive team in the Championship ? Yeah, I would. Am I enjoying this season in League 1 and seeing us win plenty of games and challenge at the right end of the table, also a definite yes.

We almost went out of business, we have very limited ability to upgrade the side due to the transfer embargo so as of this moment I am happy where we are because we are capable of being competitive and so there is a positive vibe about the place. We've done really well to build a squad that can be competing to get out of this division but I'd fear for us in the Championship if we were having to continue build a team from out-of-contract players and no fees.

Once the EFL allow us to leave the naughty corner and we can start to build a forward looking squad and pay some sensible, sustainable fees for players that we need to step up a level then I will be hoping for and expecting more and I'd want us at the sharp end of the Championship again as soon as possible. Make sense ?

On 28/02/2023 at 11:06, Alty_Ram said:

OK, I'll have a go at explaining this. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because I think it is probably quite hard for other teams fans to understand our mindset this season. In most circumstances a relegation to League 1 would rightly be a cause for much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Would I rather we were a competitive team in the Championship ? Yeah, I would. Am I enjoying this season in League 1 and seeing us win plenty of games and challenge at the right end of the table, also a definite yes.

We almost went out of business, we have very limited ability to upgrade the side due to the transfer embargo so as of this moment I am happy where we are because we are capable of being competitive and so there is a positive vibe about the place. We've done really well to build a squad that can be competing to get out of this division but I'd fear for us in the Championship if we were having to continue build a team from out-of-contract players and no fees.

Once the EFL allow us to leave the naughty corner and we can start to build a forward looking squad and pay some sensible, sustainable fees for players that we need to step up a level then I will be hoping for and expecting more and I'd want us at the sharp end of the Championship again as soon as possible. Make sense ?

It does. Last year, I said that simply sustaining Derby County as the entity you all know is a success. 

And if it does go tits up for whatever reason, you can always head down Meadow Lane.

Similar colours, similar sized club etc. No worries..