Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

The couple of mainly armchair Gumps I know are rightly pretty cocky right now, they’re in a semi final for the first time in ages and suddenly their phones can text messages! Even worse, they’re going to be in my locals in Ashby for the Leicester game, which could be interesting; lot more foxes fans likely to be there.

As for the attendance debate, your support is your support, whether you’re Gresley Rovers or Real Madrid there will always be fair weather or casual fans. It’s just funny to me, when you hear moaning about not being able to get tickets. If Forest made Wembley, I’m sure even Forest would find another 10 or 15,000 would appear; fortunately it shouldn’t be a problem for them.

I’m also far from convinced they have enough threat up front to stay up, but if they do beat Leicester, that table will give them a healthy cushion from the drop zone; at least a few games.

30 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

This is coming from a fan of a third tier club..

The East Midlands is red, as it always has been ?

Well, in all this nightmarish hellscape timeline we seem to have landed in, Wes Morgan is a premier league winner, so I'm convinced the proportion of the multiverse in which a poor soul such as Dawnie can seriously think these things, is vanishingly small.

There are happier timelines, we just don't live in them.

I think Cooper and Forest deserve some credit actually.

When you think back to where they were in October, they were rock bottom and had lost 7 in 10. They looked dead certs to go down, if we’re being honest. They could have easily spiralled.

Since then, they have lost just two league games in nine and picked up 15 points, including four against Chelsea and Liverpool.

They’ve given themselves a fighting chance of staying up.

But Europe still looks a long way off, so I guess they’re underachieving! ?

39 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think Cooper and Forest deserve some credit actually.

When you think back to where they were in October, they were rock bottom and had lost 7 in 10. They looked dead certs to go down, if we’re being honest. They could have easily spiralled.

Since then, they have lost just two league games in nine and picked up 15 points, including four against Chelsea and Liverpool.

They’ve given themselves a fighting chance of staying up.

But Europe still looks a long way off, so I guess they’re underachieving! ?

I think a big test for an unproven manager like Cooper, is can they change things up when their first choice approach isn't working?

He went into the season still holding onto his principles that saw them promoted, once he saw it obviously wasn't working he's tightened things up at the back and through the middle, yet still kept enough attacking presence in the team to grind out some good results.

He's doing a genuinely good job.

Nice to see some sensible comments on here. Cooper is genuinely a phenomenal manager, the best we’ve had since the big man, without any doubt. 

He’ll end up at a bigger gig than Forest, but at present he’s clearly enjoying the role. 

I will say, the difference between Forest fans and Leicester fans is staggering. Bottom of the league, losing 0-4 against a fellow struggler and we sung our heart out for SC back in October. And look at what backing him has resulted in. 

On the flip side, you should read FoxesTalk and the vitriol they’re directing at Brendan Rogers. A man who won them the FA Cup? 

They’ve got far too big for their boots very quickly. As much as I have banter with you lot on here, they’ve got the worst fans out of any of the east mids clubs, by a distance. 

30 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Nice to see some sensible comments on here. Cooper is genuinely a phenomenal manager, the best we’ve had since the big man, without any doubt. 

He’ll end up at a bigger gig than Forest, but at present he’s clearly enjoying the role. 

I will say, the difference between Forest fans and Leicester fans is staggering. Bottom of the league, losing 0-4 against a fellow struggler and we sung our heart out for SC back in October. And look at what backing him has resulted in. 

On the flip side, you should read FoxesTalk and the vitriol they’re directing at Brendan Rogers. A man who won them the FA Cup? 

They’ve got far too big for their boots very quickly. As much as I have banter with you lot on here, they’ve got the worst fans out of any of the east mids clubs, by a distance. 

What about Frank Clark.  He did a good job, till he bought Silenzi.  Glad he did like

Really hoped Maranakis would revert to type and his volatile nature and blow everything up by sacking Cooper (the stuff about their ex-CEO not backing Cooper is blatantly spin the club are putting out), I was hoping he’d be on the verge of sacking another manager by now with Forest anchored at the foot of the table. Their best bet to stay up was always to stick with Cooper who has proven himself a very capable manager in his short career. If they go down their best chance of coming straight back would also be Cooper.

FWIW, while it looks almost comfortable mid table for them i still think they will go down, it was a useful win yesterday they’ve got some massive games coming up but then a run in where they could lose a lot of games. They’re not very good, Leeds for example while not getting results are capable of much more, as are the other teams down there. Cooper the tactician is getting them results. 

Assuming all is positive for them and they stay up, what then. They’ve spunked £150m they’re about to spend more and they’re not very good, financial rules and Maranakis’ wallet won’t stretch to much more. I think some of the Everton style waste will come back to bite them, they have spent millions on players who will hardly play for them. 

While it grinds my gears as 63 yr old Rams fan Cooper is doing a fine job.

The elephant in the room though is the apparent lack of interest in where the money has come from and any success will always be tainted by the Marinikas factor and Forest could be in huge trouble if/when it’s proved that the funds are not legit. 

24 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

The elephant in the room though is the apparent lack of interest in where the money has come from and any success will always be tainted by the Marinikas factor and Forest could be in huge trouble if/when it’s proved that the funds are not legit. 

I can see that happening about the same time Newcastle get in trouble. Ie Never. 

55 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Only a tree could laugh at the possibility that his club could be being built on the back of the allegations as serious as those being linked to their owner. 

14 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

This is coming from a fan of a third tier club..

The East Midlands is red, as it always has been ?

We all tend to live in the past when we reach a certain age.

Which is why, on EFL Classics on Sky, I watched Forest 2 Yeovil 5 last night.

Just remember where you were - and wheels have a habit of turning. We'll be back - and no doubt so will you.