Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

These idiots have convinced themselves that Clowes only bought DCFC because he'd already bought the Stadium and he had no other option when Kirchner dropped out. They really seem to think that a guy who runs a profitable and long-established property company wouldn't have made the completion of the stadium purchase contingent on and concurrent with the completion of the purchase of DCFC and all other matters.

I'm not sure if they're truly that dense or just desperate for something to cling to.

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

I'm not sure if they're truly that dense or just desperate for something to cling to.

The former… why else would you follow Notts Forest?

49 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

I see they have already spent 60million mainly on defenders, yet their midfield is weaker than last season, seem intent on spending all their money in one hit. 
I suppose when they get relegated they can sell them to Olympiacos.

Home Architecture GIF by University of Florida

They’d be better off spending the money on building one of these in between the goal posts. Their goal keeper will be having to take early retirement due to a back injury from picking the ball out of the net.

They have actually signed a very good goalkeeper who I have seen play ( slight nut job but they all are) but the other ones they have signed I have literally never heard of, they could be real stinkers or equally extremely good - my money is on the first variant 

27 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They have actually signed a very good goalkeeper who I have seen play ( slight nut job but they all are) but the other ones they have signed I have literally never heard of, they could be real stinkers or equally extremely good - my money is on the first variant 

Nico Williams would be a good signing, but the others so far have the whiff of Fulham's signings from 2 years ago - very much unknown quantities at PL level. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Nico Williams would be a good signing, but the others so far have the whiff of Fulham's signings from 2 years ago - very much unknown quantities at PL level. 

Its a stupendous amount of money for a player whose made only 28 appearances and 14 of those in the championship.  They do get these fees for young players though.  15 for Ibe !!!.  In two years we'll be moaning like fook about Gordons 20 million move to Fulham after he's played 10 games and how they had our pants down with that buyout. 

Forest spending £60m already on just four players is crazy.

The gap between them and say Southampton in squad quality is massive, let alone between them and the likes of City and Liverpool.

It’s been close for a while. But this is the year all three promoted clubs go down, and probably replaces the three clubs who were in the PL in either of the last two seasons (basically three of Norwich, Watford, Burnley and West Brom).

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The gap between them and say Southampton in squad quality is massive, let alone between them and the likes of City and Liverpool.

It’s been close for a while. But this is the year all three promoted clubs go down, and probably replaces the three clubs who were in the PL in either of the last two seasons (basically three of Norwich, Watford, Burnley and West Brom).

That's the problem with the top league now, you got to spend close to 100m in the hope of finishing 4th from bottom. And then you're in a loop of spending big just to keep it up. It's not about trophies anymore, the top 4 have got that covered. 

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Leeds will challenge for the bottom three I think 

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Its a stupendous amount of money for a player whose made only 28 appearances and 14 of those in the championship.  They do get these fees for young players though.  15 for Ibe !!!.  In two years we'll be moaning like fook about Gordons 20 million move to Fulham after he's played 10 games and how they had our pants down with that buyout. 

I agree... and it's only going to get worse. The elite few sign the best talent from the rest and sell them back to wannabees for 10-20x the value. It's a good business model, all made possible by EPL and UEFA rules. 

Our ability to hang on to the likes of Delap, Gordon, Ryan, Ebosele, Ebiowei, Eze and the rest was completely undermined by MM's mismanagement. Hopefully, now we can start to change that trend. 

21 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I agree... and it's only going to get worse. The elite few sign the best talent from the rest and sell them back to wannabees for 10-20x the value. It's a good business model, all made possible by EPL and UEFA rules. 

Our ability to hang on to the likes of Delap, Gordon, Ryan, Ebosele, Ebiowei, Eze and the rest was completely undermined by MM's mismanagement. Hopefully, now we can start to change that trend. 

They were lost because of Morris' mismanagement but also he made it possible to sign/grow such youngsters. 

It's painful to lose such talents for peanuts but I think improving the academy is going to be a positive heritage in the long run. 

50 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

They were lost because of Morris' mismanagement but also he made it possible to sign/grow such youngsters. 

It's painful to lose such talents for peanuts but I think improving the academy is going to be a positive heritage in the long run. 

Yes, the philosophy in that respect was right, and is something that DC can now build on. 

The only player they’ve added so far that I think right now is a good signing is Dean Henderson. Massive upgrade on Samba, even though Henderson is just a loan.

The others could be good, but if they’re not, it’s a bit late. It’s a little bit of a Fulham vibe when they last came up, except Fulham had a good squad to build on. Forest barely had a squad to build on as most of the key players went back to their parent clubs.

Even with Henderson, it’s going to be a big ask. England’s top two keepers are Pickford and Ramsdale. Pickford has been relegated with Sunderland and nearly went down with Everton. Ramsdale went down with Sheff Utd and Bournemouth. A good keeper in the PL won’t make a huge difference if what is in front of him isn’t good enough.

Also think the Neco Williams move is strange. Unproven and probably overpaying. Spence is going to Spurs for the same figure, so I assume Williams is the back up choice because they couldn’t get him.

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:
10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It is stupid money for someone who hasn’t actually played much real football - I suspect he has never had to defend either - that’s going to change