Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

Fair play for sticking their neck on the line and going for it. I genuinely mean that as more promoted teams should go for it. 

Lingard deserves a lot of credit too, because he’s managed to turn one good season into one of, if not THE, largest contract outside the top 6 in Premier League history. 

I think Jesse Lingard is actually an inspiration.

I mean, he is a seriously average footballer. If he came through Bournemouth’s academy he would have probably warranted a £20m move at Aston Villa at some point and then just settled there. Like Tyrone Mings.

But instead, he came through Man Utd’s academy and thus that was enough to earn him some 30 England caps.

Moreover, he managed to score the winner in an FA Cup final. And off the back of a decent half season spell at West Ham, he is arguably going to become the highest paid player ever outside a top six club.

He has done amazing for himself given his relatively mediocre ability.

3 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

If they get relegated I can’t see them off loading him on those wages 

From a financial perspective it is a horrible deal. They’re going to be loaded with a 30-year-old mediocre player on over £120,000 a week next season in the Championship (assuming they put in a relegation clause). An unsellable asset on inflated wages.

This sort of deal is up there with the Ikechi Anya deal.

Edited by Bris Vegas

2 minutes ago, Diego said:

200k a week on a break dancer.

I’d love to see the return of investment for each goal he scores.

Smart move from Forest though, won’t be stuck with him on relegation.   Let’s hope he keeps fit.

That's 10.5 million in wages for a year.  Is some of that dependent on them staying up, if not, that is is not just pure insanity on there part but makes me feel rather ill.  About 9 years salary for the average office worker in a week .  I honestly used to get distressed at the 15 k a week wages in the championship.  

18 minutes ago, alram said:

the times say hes on 80 rising to 121

i am more disapointed its a 1 year deal so they wouldnt be lumbered with him for years if he flopped

Probably with a £5m signing on fee. 

Unsurprisingly, I imagine this deal has been structured to temper expectations, but a one year deal with an outlay of potentially £10m is commercially retarded. 

It protects them if they go down, sure, but you use a huge portion of your capital on essentially a player with no resale value. 

Lingard probably should’ve held out for a long term deal too, because unless he lights it up he will be past 30 and nowhere close to earning what he could’ve got from West Ham long term. Daft, short-term mentality - but maybe he projects himself to do well and earn more at a bigger club next time.

So if all in its cost them 10mill roughly, depends on how the season goes and there budget!

If he stays injury free, hits form, keeps them up, sells a shed loads of shirts, increases ticket sales, attracts other decent players then its not a bad bit of business for 10mill free transfer all in!

However if theyve blown there budget on him n he unsettles the team who are on less wages, gets injured or doesnt perform its a massive looooooooooool! 

Its a gamble thats for sure lol!