Nathan Byrne - Joined Charlotte FC

Rambalin

5 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Let him go in my opinion, but hold to both his and Buchanans registration until we are either paid or we are told that we don't own them as players. If that is dragged out for months then so be it

That’s the way I hope the club play these hands as dealt by Buchanan & Byrne.

We hold their registration, that’s a strong position to be in.

13 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Let him go in my opinion, but hold to both his and Buchanans registration until we are either paid or we are told that we don't own them as players. If that is dragged out for months then so be it

Except that could mean us paying their wages for months couldn't it?

While I think what's he's doing is awful, I'll repeat what I said previously.

He will want to be playing at Championship level or higher and probably doesn't think that he should have to be playing in League One this season through no fault of his own, especially having been named Players' POTY in a team which accumulated enough points to stay up.

Personally, of course I think he's going about it wrong and should continue playing in order to earn a move, but on the flip side that risks him getting an injury and that move never materialising.

If you look at it like that you could say that his overall stance is actually pretty understandable, even if it does us no favours.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Except that could mean us paying their wages for months couldn't it?

That would be more than covered by the 2 million quid we'd get for them.  Play hardball with Byrne, stop his wages for refusing to do the job he's contracted for, shove him in the U23's. legal action. Put the boot up his arse that far his back teeth rattle. By the end of August he'll be waiving his signing on fee to get a move and we get a fee.  The clubs been hammered enough externally so internally can't be tolerated. 

Legal papers for Buchanan and the a holes he's moved to as well

9 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

He will want to be playing at Championship level or higher and probably doesn't think that he should have to be playing in League One this season through no fault of his own, especially having been named Players' POTY in a team which accumulated enough points to stay up.

Personally, of course I think he's going about it wrong and should continue playing in order to earn a move, but on the flip side that risks him getting an injury and that move never materialising.

If you look at it like that you could say that his overall stance is actually pretty understandable, even if it does us no favours.

Tom Lawrence probably didn't think he should be playing in League 1 either through no fault of his own but he got his move so why can't Byrne just do the professional thing too?

The annoying thing about Byrne is, he isn't actually that great. He did a good job for us last year and became a Mr Dependable, but a bit like Buchanan, I don't understand how or why he thinks he is worthy of sitting on his arse and waiting for a move to come to him.

He will end up at Millwall and with things going as they are we will pass them in a season or 2.

Byrne could enjoy a promotion push with us, success on his CV and back in the championship next season, instead he wants to go and play mid championship football with the snake.

Just shows, you don't need a brain to be a footballer.

I hope he stays and rots for a year.

13 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I agree, if a player want's to continue to play at the highest level he can and doesn't want to drop down, fair enough, it's his career.

But he has to go about it the correct way, not try some back handed "loophole" to try and get out of his contract.

All he had to do was put a transfer request in.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That would be more than covered by the 2 million quid we'd get for them.  Play hardball with Byrne, stop his wages for refusing to do the job he's contracted for, shove him in the U23's. legal action. Put the boot up his arse that far his back teeth rattle. By the end of August he'll be waiving his signing on fee to get a move and we get a fee.  The clubs been hammered enough externally so internally can't be tolerated. 

Legal papers for Buchanan and the a holes he's moved to as well

I don't know how you cut stop his wages and play him in the U23's. Maybe he would play hard ball and not actually refuse to play but just not play very well. Also, presumably he's one of the players trying to wriggle of his contract. If he's successful then we'd get nothing for him.

I don't know what the answer is as I don't like the idea of Derby being forced to roll over but on the other hand I'm wary of cutting our nose off to spite our face.

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Tom Lawrence probably didn't think he should be playing in League 1 either through no fault of his own but he got his move so why can't Byrne just do the professional thing too?

I suppose the only real difference is that Lawrence was out of contract. 

Byrne like Buchanan just wishes to pretend that he hasn't got one. 

I'm not sure why he hasn't followed suit and signed elsewhere already though.

edit: actually come to think of it, Lawrence has gone to a club under the jurisdiction of a different football association, as has Buchanan. There were rumours of Celtic wanting Byrne, but if it turns out they don't actually want him and his only option is another EFL club, that might make a difference?

Edited by Coconut's Beard

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Lawrence was out of contract wasn't he? If he hadn't been perhaps he would have done the same. We'll never know but I'm not sure you can compare the behaviour of the two.

6 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Any idea what we pay Byrne?

Nothing at the moment I'd hope as he does seem to be in breach of his contract.

Very disappointing end to his Rams career. Let's replace him and move on. No player is bigger than the club, especially one that only stands 4ft tall. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Lawrence was out of contract wasn't he? If he hadn't been perhaps he would have done the same. We'll never know but I'm not sure you can compare the behaviour of the two.

Pick a n other player then that didn't act unprofessionally - there's a lot of them to choose from 

3 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I suppose the only real difference is that Lawrence was out of contract. 

Byrne like Buchanan just wishes to pretend that he hasn't got one. 

I'm not sure why he hasn't followed suit and signed elsewhere already though.

That just boils down to unprofessionalism for a so called football professional. 

Can't understand either why he doesn't just leave unless no one wants him or we want a fee for him that no other club wants to pay.

I don't follow the ITK crap but haven't seen any rumours about a club wanting Byrne (which doesn't mean I haven't missed something though)

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

No, Failing to turn up for work can constitute a breach of contract

That’s the contract that Byrne doesn’t recognise however,  valid or not Byrne has certainly decided to withdraw his Labour.

it does seem an odd position to put himself in especially, unlike Buchanan, he hasn’t  got a club to go to….yet. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Pick a n other player then that didn't act unprofessionally - there's a lot of them to choose from 

Go on then. Name one (except for Buchanan) that is still under  contract but wants to leave?

I'm not trying to defend Byrne, I'm trying to say I don't think there is another player to compare his behaviour to (except Buchanan). Bielik is the big unknown. Perhaps he wants a move but is indeed acting professionally but we don't know.