Season Tickets 2022-23

WystonRam

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Isn't a credit union a not for profit organisation?

What would RamsTrust then gain for giving referrals to DCB?

Credit Unions distribute the interest made on loans to its members who own savings accounts with them.

The more they loan, the more their members receive in dividends. 

Just now, Crewton said:

Correct, they're just like Building Societies and Friendly Societies. 

I think tbh it's how this was promoted and who did the promoting that was all wrong. The extra costs should have been made absolutely clear. 

Am just really confused with all the allegations of RamsTrust board being friends with DCB board members and the related insinuations of kickbacks if DCB is a not for profit organisation, what pecuniary gain would RamsTrust yield likewise DCB for RamsTrust suggesting to use one of their services. 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So they are not for profit organisations then?

Indeed - The only people that will benefit financially are the lenders (savers) so if there are people on the RT board will any significant investment in the union then they should probably be up front about it.

TBH I've tended to stick up for RT in the past but I'm not sure they're very representative any more. 

I had some time to kill this morning and this whole RamsTrust situation has annoyed me. According to the RamsTrust website under 'Governance' they are FSA members. With that in mind I have sent this correspondence to the FSA. I might just be shouting in to the void, but at least I feel like I've tried.

"Hi,

I hope this correspondence finds you well.

I (and many other Derby County fans) have serious concerns around the RamsTrust supporters group associated with Derby County. The RamsTrust are FSA members, however, I am unsure if raising the governance concerns with regards to the trust in this way is valid or within the remit of the FSA to assist. Any advice would be appreciated.

Since Derby County exited administration they have been unable to offer a direct debit instalment facility to help fans purchase season tickets. The reasons for this have been clearly communicated by the club and a system has been put in place by the club to mitigate the issue. Despite this, the RamsTrust felt it appropriate to suggest that fans take out a high interest loan via a local credit union to cover the cost of season tickets. It also turns out that board members of the RamsTrust may have links to the credit union they referenced. 

The tweet in question can be found here: https://twitter.com/RamsTrust/status/1549724373975695360?s=20&t=Kntdhq0gfjcJ7SiaLN_7rA

In addition to this poor advice that may result in fans putting themselves in debt in the midst of a cost of living crisis, RamsTrust have been blocking twitter users that have been highlighting both the poor nature of this advice and the supposed links between the RamsTrust board members and the credit union in question.

In my mind this raises significant concerns with regards to a conflict of interest should these claims be accurate and suggests that the board of the RamsTrust may not be fit for purpose.

As the RamsTrust are FSA members, is it within the remit of the FSA to review this issue and seek a satisfactory explanation from the RamsTrust and if required, consider their position as FSA members?

Best regards,"

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

1 hour ago, Ewetube said:

I have to wonder how are they any different than any other financial institution profiting from the vulnerables' hardship and desperation?

The way they are run, as a mutual. But a couple of others I saw on googling had much lower aprs.

32 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Indeed - The only people that will benefit financially are the lenders (savers) so if there are people on the RT board will any significant investment in the union then they should probably be up front about it.

TBH I've tended to stick up for RT in the past but I'm not sure they're very representative any more. 

"What is a Credit Union?

The first credit union in Britain began trading in 1964, and over the last 50 years, credit unions have grown to provide loans and savings to more than 1.2 million people across England, Scotland and Wales.

Credit unions have a proven track record across the world. In fact, 217 million people are credit union members in 105 different countries.

A credit union is a financial co-operative which provides savings, loans and a range of services to its members. It is owned and controlled by the members.

Each member has one vote and volunteer directors are elected from the membership, by the membership.

Credit unions are owned by the people who use their services, and not by external shareholders or investors. So the emphasis is always on providing the best service to members – not maximising profits.

Membership of a credit union is based on a common bond. This can be working for a particular employer or in a particular industry, or simply living or working in a specified geographical area which could be as small as a village or as large as several local authority areas.

Credit unions come in all shapes and sizes. Whether you’re looking for a credit union with online and phone banking, a payroll partnership with your employer, a local branch or service point you can walk into – or a combination of all three – there’s a good chance you’ll find the credit union you’re looking for to meet your needs."

As I said I was surprised by the APR they were charging. The profits from their services go to its members, some of them with links to RamsTrust was the suggestion?

Edited by RoyMac5

I already have my season ticket now thankfully, however why don't they offer half season tickets (for half the price) then in a few months time those who purchase a half season  ticket could the purchase another half season ticket in the seat.

38 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Am just really confused with all the allegations of RamsTrust board being friends with DCB board members and the related insinuations of kickbacks if DCB is a not for profit organisation, what pecuniary gain would RamsTrust yield likewise DCB for RamsTrust suggesting to use one of their services. 

No idea. Possibly RT thought it was helpful but didn't think through the consequences, how it might be construed etc. I don't know anyone at RT so can't really comment further. 

16 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I already have my season ticket now thankfully, however why don't they offer half season tickets (for half the price) then in a few months time those who purchase a half season  ticket could the purchase another half season ticket in the seat.

Not a bad idea, they could even make it cheaper by offering a first 4 match plan which would last well into September, by which time the DD facility should be up and running. It wouldn't be that unusual as matches have been sold in blocks at a discount before.

29 minutes ago, Archied said:

Could they keep the seats reserved for the season ticket holders to buy on a game to game basis until dd is sorted with the agreement that only stays reserved if purchased every game

Isn’t that basically what is being done for the first couple of games?

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

RT themselves possibly nothing, but if their board members are member of the Co-Operative Union then they would receive Dividends personally

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Isn’t that basically what is being done for the first couple of games?

Strictly speaking, no.

The ST seats are still only being reserved until 29th.  From the 30th, they will be available to buy... be that from the 21/22 STH concerned or Joe Public... on a first come first served basis.

Also, any purchase outside of a ST renewal will be at the Joe Public Matchday cost.

So if Mr or Mrs 21/22 STH wants their seat for these early 22/23 games... guaranteed... they have to renew, or simply buy the individual matchday tickets at full whack before midnight on the 29th.