Ground Sharing Agreement

Ram1988

If talks between Mel and Chris Kirchner break down and no deal can be meet between them (with or without the City Council) for Pride Park and he decides to push ahead where would everyone like to see us play our home games next season?

Chesterfield ?-  to keep us in Derbyshire

Burton ? - Just down the road on the A38

Notts County Ground ? - local 19/20,000 seater ground

Stoke ? - May be keep to ground share given their financial fair play situation

Edited by Ram1988

1 & 2 are a non starter due to capacity, 3 will be complex re fixture arrangements, they already have to avoid playing on the same day as Florist, so Stoke or maybe Fester are 2 realistic options. Parking at the Potters has always been a nightmare and the train station is a fair way from the ground. Think it is about a 15 minute walk to the Walkers from the station.....

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

1 & 2 are a non starter due to capacity, 3 will be complex re fixture arrangements, they already have to avoid playing on the same day as Florist, so Stoke or maybe Fester are 2 realistic options. Parking at the Potters has always been a nightmare and the train station is a fair way from the ground. Think it is about a 15 minute walk to the Walkers from the station.....

I think Stoke would be more keen to come to some sort of agreement than Leicester but it is just a pain for people to get to (if you live around Derby). No parking and as you say a trek to the station.

I thought Meadow Lane would make the most sense 19/20,000 which we could fill and it is easy to get to. You are right about it being complex though to avoid home fixtures with Notts County and Forest. 

All far from ideal...

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's got a lot going for it tbf

Great microbrewery on Meadow Lane.

10 minute trip from my house.

What more could you ask for ?

Has a lot going for it except tgere are 2 clubs in Nottingham who cant play on the same day, adding us into the mix isnt possible as would me playing on the same day as Forest, never going to happen

43 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

If talks between Mel and Chris Kirchner break down and no deal can be meet between them (with or without the City Council) for Pride Park and he decides to push ahead where would everyone like to see us play our home games next season?

Chesterfield ?-  to keep us in Derbyshire

Burton ? - Just down the road on the A38

Notts County Ground ? - local 19/20,000 seater ground

Stoke ? - May be keep to ground share given their financial fair play situation

Cambridge please!

46 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Has a lot going for it except tgere are 2 clubs in Nottingham who cant play on the same day, adding us into the mix isnt possible as would me playing on the same day as Forest, never going to happen

That was my attempt at being tongue in cheek ?

Couldn't care less where just agree something so we can carry on, get the council to put planning permission for a new bit of land and make pride park worth nothing apart from the land it sits on Mel will soon change his mind on the price pride park is worth!

There's no way on this planet Notts Police agree to having Derby play at Meadow Lane, no chance on earth.  

I find it odd people would also even want to play in Nottingham? 

If it's a case of club or no club, Chesterfield is the best choice.  I know attendance isn't ideal, but needs must, the situation isn't based on things being ideal anyway... 

Chesterfield are a community owned club too, so i'd suspect they'd be more than happy for the extra income. 

You'd think Notts County would be the only realistic solution to this if it came about. Both Leicester and Stoke are too far for a reasonable amount of the fan base to travel to with Burton and Chesterfield being too small to accommodate us. But then you've got the issue of when on earth we'd play? I guess I could think of 1 option simply play on sunday's for weekend games and midweek we play the day before or after Notts County. 

5 minutes ago, SBW said:

There's no way on this planet Notts Police agree to having Derby play at Meadow Lane, no chance on earth.  

I find it odd people would also even want to play in Nottingham? 

If it's a case of club or no club, Chesterfield is the best choice.  I know attendance isn't ideal, but needs must, the situation isn't based on things being ideal anyway... 

Chesterfield are a community owned club too, so i'd suspect they'd be more than happy for the extra income. 

What's odd about wanting to play at a ground like 12 miles away? 

Am assuming it's a county lines thing which seems really bizarre tbf. We might not have a choice if things go toes up so let that sink in for a moment.

To be fair playing at Forest is probably the easiest solution from a practicality point of view. 
We could clash with Notts county as their average attendance is about 6000 whereas derby and Forest would be too much on the same day and it’s very difficult to arrange 3 teams not to play at home on the same day. 
attendance would be fine and it’s the closest to us. 
Unfortunately, it means sharing with our biggest rivals but I’m not going to lie I’d much prefer to play in Nottingham than Stoke or Leicester.