Highlight of the Season

SamUltraRam

The march has to be THE moment I think. I went expecting 1-2,000 people and seeing almost 10,000 march on pride park was a sight I'll never ever forget. The support has been incredible throughout the season but really reached new levels during the stoke city game at home. The unity between fans, staff and players has been something else and hopefully it can be retained next season. On the pitch there have been so many last minute goals where the ball has been sucked in the goal by a full south stand. The best moment on the pitch has to be Bielik's last minute goal against Birmingham, it was a moment that induced collective insanity all around the stadium and I can't recall a noise like it. Big mentions to stoke at home, fulham at home, stoke away and west brom at home. 

Bielik a goal was a helluva moment. It does make me wonder how grace a ref would have to be to try to rule it out for a high foot. Imagine the scenes. But it’s moments like that that are what football is about. That’s why we go. The last minute over head kick. 

the whole season has been incredible. Credit where it’s due, thanks Mel Morris for ducking everything up and giving us such special memories. 

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Coming around the corner at The Cockpitt, or whatever that junction is called nowadays, and looking up over the flyover...

IMG_1203.thumb.jpeg.de6cbb49353b7b6c3db44fd5a841b3dc.jpeg

Brought a tear to my eye.
No photo will ever give justice to that mental image I have etched on the top shelf of my memory bank.
  ?

Funnily enough, I was near the front and had a tear in my eye when I turned round at the top of the fly over, looked back to the Cockpitt and couldn’t believe how many thousands of people had joined in. 

A348A80A-3A24-4689-8275-0D5891F82ADD.jpeg

8 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

Funnily enough, I was near the front and had a tear in my eye when I turned round at the top of the fly over, looked back to the Cockpitt and couldn’t believe how many thousands of people had joined in. 

A348A80A-3A24-4689-8275-0D5891F82ADD.jpeg

Same. It was great when we stopped at the top of the hill and just looked back for what seemed like ages.

Rooney at the helm. Hard to believe the atmosphere around the club now compared to pre-season. We looked wrecked on a sand bar looking to be washed away with the next tide. Would we even win a game?

That Rooney managed to conjure up a competitive side, Instill that ‘fight to the end spirit’ and very nearly pull off a sporting miracle despite every setback has been nowt short of magic.

Whilst not just Derby fans but sport in general has been robbed of a fairytale due to numerous vendettas… ultimately it has not been about which league we will play in, but the sense of belonging, unity and of feeling proud to be apart of something. Rooney has been the keystone in that.

Whatever he achieves as a manager in future, we should be grateful to have had someone of his character at this precarious point of our history. Like Davy Crockett at the Alamo… with odds stacked so heavily against us he kept the team fighting as hard as he could for as long as he could… ensuring even in defeat that we will still feel inspired by this squad for years to come.

My highlight of the season has to be the way the support for the team, club and anything else associated with the club has grew since we went into admin.

This in my opinion is what kept the team going. The support could have been toxic but we haven't heard one boo - we have sold out home and away games when in reality, we could have been down to half the ground full and away games being empty seats. 

Until my time on the planet comes to an end, I'll never driver onto Pride Park again without remembering the march. WOW, what an experience and I'm so glad I was part of it. 

Looking at tickets sold for Saturday, it looks like another 25k plus attendance for a team that's relegated. Please tell me another team that would do this.

I've not spoke to one person that won't renew their season ticket next season. Again, this is why the supporters have been the highlight of my season because with our backing, this club has achieved brilliant things and if we stick together I believe we hold the key to an early promotion from league 1. 

UP THE RAMS 

To pinpoint a moment...

Sibley's 92nd minute winner at home to Peterbrough. Bodies.

Don't think it felt as close as that again to be honest.

Curtis' header against Reading a close second for me because I wasn't there.

Edited by JoetheRam

16 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

My highlight of the season has to be the way the support for the team, club and anything else associated with the club has grew since we went into admin.

This in my opinion is what kept the team going. The support could have been toxic but we haven't heard one boo - we have sold out home and away games when in reality, we could have been down to half the ground full and away games being empty seats. 

Until my time on the planet comes to an end, I'll never driver onto Pride Park again without remembering the march. WOW, what an experience and I'm so glad I was part of it. 

Looking at tickets sold for Saturday, it looks like another 25k plus attendance for a team that's relegated. Please tell me another team that would do this.

I've not spoke to one person that won't renew their season ticket next season. Again, this is why the supporters have been the highlight of my season because with our backing, this club has achieved brilliant things and if we stick together I believe we hold the key to an early promotion from league 1. 

UP THE RAMS 

Dirty Leeds would have more…..

1.  The March.

Also 1 Bielik’s equaliser

Also 1 Blackpool game

Also 1 Blackpool weekend

Also 1 Curtis’ header

Also 1 Rooney

Also 1 The Bury MPs speech in parliament

Also 1 Ebiowei

Also 1 Beating Fulham

Also 1 Lawrence’s double

Also 1 Everything else

2 hours ago, curb said:

1.  The March.

Also 1 Blackpool game

Also 1 Blackpool weekend

Also 1 Curtis’ header

Also 1 Rooney

Also 1 Ebiowei

Also 1 Beating Fulham

Also 1 Lawrence’s double

Also 1 Everything else

Absolutely; also weird to hear Rees-Mogg saying the words “Derby County” in the House

9 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

One of the few times where people who can't/don't accurately type definitely type defiantly by mistake and it's actually more apt!

I had the exact same thought when I just read that!  Totally agree!  ??

6 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Bielik a goal was a helluva moment. It does make me wonder how grace a ref would have to be to try to rule it out for a high foot. Imagine the scenes. But it’s moments like that that are what football is about. That’s why we go. The last minute over head kick. 

the whole season has been incredible. Credit where it’s due, thanks Mel Morris for ducking everything up and giving us such special memories. 

Attwell would have been brave enough!  A shirker, he ain't!  What a guy!   ?

3 hours ago, curb said:

1.  The March.

Also 1 Blackpool game

Also 1 Blackpool weekend

Also 1 Curtis’ header

Also 1 Rooney

Also 1 Ebiowei

Also 1 Beating Fulham

Also 1 Lawrence’s double

Also 1 Everything else

1 more....the walk to the ground at Blackpool from the Manchester pub. Very impressive and loud but good humoured and friendly toward the locals. Some Blackpool fans were applauding and shaking hands with Derby fans as we marched through the streets.

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

1 more....the walk to the ground at Blackpool from the Manchester pub. Very impressive and loud but good humoured and friendly toward the locals. Some Blackpool fans were applauding and shaking hands with Derby fans as we marched through the streets.

I have very little memory of how I got from the Manchester to the ground!