Goal of the season 21/22

mrdave85

8 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

https://twitter.com/dcfcofficial/status/1518515923975557120?s=21&t=FVKyvUmjcd7d4Mr_HxAtiA

Twitter link above. Lots of great goals this season and some I’d forgotten about, including Bird’s beauty on his birthday. 
My vote is Ravel’s goal against Barnsley though, build up and finish is sublime.

Yes Ravel’s for me.

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ha!

Got waylaid finishing my post, and ended up 20 mins behind you, but it seems we're on the same wavelength!  ???

You expressed it far better than I ever could though.

But yeah, that goal epitomized the whole season for me.

A goal is more than just "bending it like Beckham" or, as Chris Waddle once said to Glenn Hoddle: "just t*@t it".

5 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Some absolute beauties in there!

Plange Vs Fulham or Ravel Vs Barnsley for me.

Love a 'team' goal and they both show how effective our play from the back can be!

ravel v barnsley   

was for Rooney what that famous arsenal goal (24 passes then walk the ball into the net) was for Wenger

Big fan of Lawrence’s second against Sheff U. Got a team aspect to it and a moment of individual brilliance. 

Lawrence deserves it for one of his goal at least imo. I do think the goal of the season should reward individual brilliance over team play tbh as it’s not the team who got the trophy!

10 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

https://twitter.com/dcfcofficial/status/1518515923975557120?s=21&t=FVKyvUmjcd7d4Mr_HxAtiA

Twitter link above. Lots of great goals this season and some I’d forgotten about, including Bird’s beauty on his birthday. 
My vote is Ravel’s goal against Barnsley though, build up and finish is sublime.

Well I guess we went for quality rather than quantity of goals this year.

6 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Some absolute beauties in there!

Plange Vs Fulham or Ravel Vs Barnsley for me.

Love a 'team' goal and they both show how effective our play from the back can be!

My choice too. Went for Plange due to the speed of the break and two quality passes. 5 or 6 seconds after we looked a bit dodgy just outside our own area the ball is in the back of their net. Real quality in that move.

41 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Big fan of Lawrence’s second against Sheff U. Got a team aspect to it and a moment of individual brilliance. 

Lawrence deserves it for one of his goal at least imo. I do think the goal of the season should reward individual brilliance over team play tbh as it’s not the team who got the trophy!

I plump for what I think is the best goal….