LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

2 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Tom Bayliss has been released from his contract with (can't remember). Pretty sure I saw his name linked with us when he was at Coventry. 

Already signed up at Shrewsbury.

58 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Already signed for Shrewsbury.

Decent player though!

Is he? Only played 12 games for PNE in 3 years after signing for £2m. They terminated his contract to get him off their books. 

53 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Heard Liam Bridcutt mentioned today after his release from Lincoln. Very injury prone but when fit he is a very good player. One I’d stay away from personally but knows LR 

Heard this before Barry mentioned; just a disclaimer 

1 hour ago, EraniosSocks said:

Heard Liam Bridcutt mentioned today after his release from Lincoln. Very injury prone but when fit he is a very good player. One I’d stay away from personally but knows LR 

Isn’t he a Forest reject?

23 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

We definitely need to bring in a experienced goalkeeper for me with what could well be a youthful backline (apart from Davies hopefully). Wayne Hennessey could be a suggestion?

A return for Bradley Johnson ? Will bring some physicality and experience to our midfield, is out of contact and lives locally.

A bit left field, but Petr Cech has just left Chelsea in a performance role. At the age of 40, is there one last hurrah for him?

53 minutes ago, ram59 said:

A bit left field, but Petr Cech has just left Chelsea in a performance role. At the age of 40, is there one last hurrah for him?

Haha you never know. How much would he wanting paying though?

On the GK suggestions - are any of these good with the ball at their feet? One of my favourite aspects of how we played last season was Allsop playing a high line and his distribution. I know a few people hated us playing that way and would welcome a return to solid shot stopping and playing the percentages but I thought after a bedding in period this was one of the more successful aspects of the Rooney era.

some of the suggestions in this thread.

loads of them on huge wages and it will be like a retirement home

football is a young mans game, we will need to build a young squad although i do understand beggars cant be choosers. by all means offer a stop gap but next season is about consolidation, its easier to play for the future if you are buying players for it

we will definitely need to use the loan market well, i expect all 5 slots to be used

Edited by alram

16 minutes ago, alram said:

football is a young mans game, we will need to build a young squad although i do understand beggars cant be choosers. by all means offer a stop gap but next season is about consolidation, its easier to play for the future if you are buying players for it

we will definitely need to use the loan market well, i expect all 5 slots to be used

The squad will be full of our own youngsters. We need to add experience for a balanced squad.

10 minutes ago, alram said:

I think it's because we've already got plenty of young players who have come through the academy. We expect to have a young team anyway when contracts are extended. We need a few of those solid, experienced older heads to get us through the season. We also need to try and find some players who are in their mid to late 20's who are good players at this moment in time although these will be more difficult to obtain. A few talented players in on loan would be a good start. There's a lot of work to do but there are loads of players out there. We just need to find the right ones.