LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Liam Rosenior said yesterday that he is not going anywhere, see transfer section.

Thanks Angie, I don't see it anywhere in the transfer section on the Byrne page? Just the story from the Sun with some old quotes from Rooney which give the story legs....

3 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Sorry to burst your bubble on this and it may be I've missed something, but I've not seen anything from Byrne saying that he's staying? The stories in the media are about how the club has triggered an extension given the number of games he has played. This is not an unusual tactic by DCFC, last used when offering Mason Bennett an extension not because he was ever going to stay, but because it meant that we could get some money for him. 

When I saw the story re Byrne, my assumption was the same, not that he was necessarily going to stay or the extension was anything to do from his side, but simply that it was available, we triggered it and that means we can get some money for him should we decide to sell rather than letting him leave out of contract. It's sound business sense. 

But as I say, maybe I've missed something where he's actually committed to staying (and I don't mean at the awards where all the players were pissed and asked to commit in front of a live audience!).  Fwiw I really hope he does stay, but I'll be surprised - he's better than L1 standard by some distance. 

Which means we have a choice and having a choice means the club acting in a normal way

https://punditarena.com/football/rudi-kinsella/jason-knight-leeds-raphinha/

Someone to replace knight if he leaves for a massive fee, knight being under contract until June 2023.

I do have one concern, if knight is sold, does the money get paid to creditors.

Obviously, if that happens, there's zero deal with Leeds as no benefit to the club.

If derby pocket the money, then I'd consider 8 million upwards a fair deal, and would be content to let him move for that.

I'd want to see the money from the sale spent on transfers for derbys new season.

I wouldn't want to sell for under 8 million and a derogatory nod towards us for say 3 to 5 million, Leeds can do one!

5 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Someone to replace knight if he leaves for a massive fee, knight being under contract until June 2023.

Obviously, if that happens, there's zero deal with Leeds as no benefit to the club.

If derby pocket the money, then I'd consider 8 million upwards a fair deal, and would be content to let him move for that.

I'd want to see the money from the sale spent on transfers for derbys new season.

I wouldn't want to sell for under 8 million and a derogatory nod towards us for say 3 to 5 million, Leeds can do one!

20m or no deal

6 minutes ago, Oldben said:

As much as I like Knight, for me he just doesnt suit a 4231 formation and could command a decent fee, so I think should be sold to fund any incomings

Edited by DCFC1388

https://www.google.com/amp/s/the72.co.uk/270884/derby-county-set-to-lose-jason-knight-this-summer-as-premier-league-championship-clubs-circle/amp/

If knight goes he mustn't be sold cheap, I consider his value at above 8 million.

I'd like to get 15 to 20 million for him, but would he command that fee as a League One player.

I don't want to see the efl demanding, either we pay creditors back sooner or pay more to creditors if we sell knight for a decent fee.

Edited by Oldben
Added content

3 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/the72.co.uk/270884/derby-county-set-to-lose-jason-knight-this-summer-as-premier-league-championship-clubs-circle/amp/

If knight goes he mustn't be sold cheap, I consider his value at above 8 million.

I'd like to get 15 to 20 million for him, but would he command that fee as a League One player.

If someone offered £8m, we'd snatch their hand off.

He is worth around £5-6m at best. 

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

20m or no deal

Come on B4, point me to one example of a player leaving a League 1 team for £20m with a year left on his deal.

We haven’t even been able to get that from players when we were fighting for promotion in the Championship, we would sell for a hell of a lot less and you know it.

We’re not in the position to be daft here. He’s a player that could walk away for free in a year.

If we can keep our back four and keeper together from last season we’ll have a great chance, they won’t need to bed in at all and they were really good last year. After that it’s about adding as many goals as we can to this team as that was our undoing last year. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Come on B4, point me to one example of a player leaving a League 1 team for £20m with a year left on his deal.

We haven’t even been able to get that from players when we were fighting for promotion in the Championship, we would sell for a hell of a lot less and you know it.

We’re not in the position to be daft here. He’s a player that could walk away for free in a year.

Well I just feel that way to cheap and chances are he will probley playing in the world cup.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Well I just feel that way to cheap and chances are he will probley playing in the world cup.

If Jason Knight plays in the World Cup this year, I’ll give the club £20m myself to keep him.