Who stays?

RYRAM

Taking the question seriously...impossible to predict what the squad will look like.

To guess you need to know  -

Will we get taken over?

Will we be relegated?

When will be able to renew contracts?

Will there be money for signings?

Will we get 15 points deducted for the start of the season?

Will we be under rules that mean we can't spend more than 5k on wages?

Who will the manager be?

Once we have answers we can speculate. I'm not being awkward  ...I really can't begin to imagine.  Its definitely worrying though.

Obviously no contracts can be signed until the Club exits Administration and the embargo is lifted.

Contracts can be agreed in principle, but they will have to comply with the EFL agreed business plan / restrictions and is that known at this point?

IMO Lawrence will be gone. He won`t want to drop to L1 and his wage demands will be out of reach.

Players who have a years option like Buchanan will very much depend on when anything is finalised. They could be in a position of limbo and will take the contract security option. Again, will they also want to drop to L1 when options are on the table?

I do think at least a couple of players with value like Knight, Bird, Sibley will be sold to finance a squad rebuild.

As for the likes of Davies, Byrne, Morrison, it will very much depend on the level of contracts that can be offered and what other options they have.

Yes I know I am presuming L1, but then so is CK in his tweet about Priority 2 - Winning L1 next season.

I imagine he will tell Roos and CKR they can go

Maybe Forsyth and Stearman. Also possibly Hutchinson and Watson. 

Lawrence would have to dramatically cut his wages and Bielik may have to be sold but in footballibg terms he'd want them to stay. 

I think he'd want Byrne to stay but he'd have to drop his wages a third. 

He'd want Cashin, Thompson, Morrison, Davies, Buchanan, Allsop and Ebiowei definitely given new contracts. 

I imagine he'd definitely want to keep Bird and Knight unless a silly offer comes in or they ask to go. Sibley would require a slightly less silly offer. 

We're down to bare bones as it is, so i'd be trying to get as many as possible to stay. 

Bielik, Lawrence, Knight, Davies, Sibley and Morrison would be a good base to start with in League 1 if they want to stay with us and depending what our engorced business plan entails

Who stays certainly won’t be up to DCFC.

Players are not fans they have a duty to get the most in terms of money and success out of their careers.

The likes of Plange and Festy have benefited from first team exposure. Bird, Knight have played enough games in the championship to show that can operate at that level and would be mad to drop a league. Lawrence is in his prime and will definitely go possibly to a relegated Peem team next term.

Morrison is on a revival and will attract interest as will Bielik.

I suppose it depends if Cashin and Thompson have done enough to attract interest but they could certainly move on. Byrne is too good for league one and will get offers.

In short Fozzie and Davies will be the only ones to start the first game next season.

1 minute ago, 24Charlie said:

Who stays certainly won’t be up to DCFC.

Players are not fans they have a duty to get the most in terms of money and success out of their careers.

The likes of Plange and Festy have benefited from first team exposure. Bird, Knight have played enough games in the championship to show that can operate at that level and would be mad to drop a league. Lawrence is in his prime and will definitely go possibly to a relegated Peem team next term.

Morrison is on a revival and will attract interest as will Bielik.

I suppose it depends if Cashin and Thompson have done enough to attract interest but they could certainly move on. Byrne is too good for league one and will get offers.

In short Fozzie and Davies will be the only ones to start the first game next season.

Not so sure, a number of youngsters will probably stay on if our future looks secure…

Who stays - anyone who wants to springs to mind - we are short everywhere 

who’s likely to move on - probably Belick especially if he has a good World Cup but that pushing it late. Possibly Knight due to his international pedigree.

if I was the likes of Sibley I would be staying to establish myself in the league one team ( assuming that’s where we will be) and that goes for most of the youngsters.

Basically it will be a case of do you want more money - then off you go - or - do you want to play football - here’s your chance which goes for the youngsters and the very experienced professionals. Whilst playing in front of supporters who support the team in high numbers.

My optimistic interests sits with who Rooney can bring in as a centre forward because we need three of them - loans or free transfers probably as this will dictate our approach to games.