Who stays?

RYRAM

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Cybulski may be tall but he isn't very good in the air.

We've developed technical players in the academy, not hoofball merchants, so completely the wrong style of play for our team.

You’re correct in that Cybulski really isn’t very good in the air and as you say wouldn’t suit our style even if he was….But in the other thread you suggest Freddie Ladapo would be a good signing ?

41 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

You’re correct in that Cybulski really isn’t very good in the air and as you say wouldn’t suit our style even if he was….But in the other thread you suggest Freddie Ladapo would be a good signing ?

Not sure why you're confused.

I rubbished the suggestion of hoofing the ball up to Cybulski.

Smith may be good in the air, but we aren't looking to hoof the ball up to our CFs.

In the other thread I suggested Rooney would be more likely to go after Ladapo than Smith. Ladapo would be the better match for the style of play Rooney is implementing.

30 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Ladapo is pretty poor with his feet and makes a living from being a big strong physical aerial threat….which is pretty much suited to Rotherhams style of play….which is in turn pretty much a direct contradiction to ours…I’m not sure why you’re confused.

To add a bit of context behind your 'makes a living from being an aerial threat'.

Ladapo - 32 headers won from 117 aerial duels (27%)

Byrne - 38 headers won from 99 aerial duels (38%)

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To add a bit of context behind your 'makes a living from being an aerial threat'.

But Byrne is a bad influence on the team ? 

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To add some knowledge to your context, Ladapo has challenged for more headers in 22 appearances than Byrne has in 38 appearances….

Not sure what you want to prove ?

22 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I know exactly what you said. But what you said suggests only 3 players from the current squad could stay with us. You'll be very hard pressed to find another person who agrees with you on that

Well looking at the reactions to my post, theres at least 1 ?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ladapo isn't the aerial threat you think he is

I didn’t claim that he was proficient I said that was his job. He’s in a side that are direct and he’s in it to be an aerial threat. He’s not a technician. You said (correctly) that Cybulski wasn’t very good in the air - he’s not - but that it wouldn’t matter because that’s not how our academy products are coached and it’s not how Rooneys side plays, but that Ladapo would be a more likely signing. On that basis, he wouldn’t be!

Ladapo put in a transfer request in January but withdrew it. I imagine based on the likelihood of Rotherhams promotion into the championship. That now looks more in jeopardy so I would imagine if Rotherham aren’t promoted he’d be looking for a championship move or if he was to stay in league 1 it would be at Rotherham who play a way that suits his attributes. 

1 hour ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

I didn’t claim that he was proficient I said that was his job. He’s in a side that are direct and he’s in it to be an aerial threat. He’s not a technician. You said (correctly) that Cybulski wasn’t very good in the air - he’s not - but that it wouldn’t matter because that’s not how our academy products are coached and it’s not how Rooneys side plays, but that Ladapo would be a more likely signing. On that basis, he wouldn’t be!

Ladapo put in a transfer request in January but withdrew it. I imagine based on the likelihood of Rotherhams promotion into the championship. That now looks more in jeopardy so I would imagine if Rotherham aren’t promoted he’d be looking for a championship move or if he was to stay in league 1 it would be at Rotherham who play a way that suits his attributes. 

You seem to have missed my point on Cybulski. I said exactly the same as you - "Cybulski may be tall but he isn't very good in the air. We've developed technical players in the academy, not hoofball merchants, so completely the wrong style of play for our team."

Rooney wanted Ladapo in Jan 2021, so to suggest he isn't a likely signing is clearly incorrect.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You seem to have missed my point on Cybulski. I said exactly the same as you - "Cybulski may be tall but he isn't very good in the air. We've developed technical players in the academy, not hoofball merchants, so completely the wrong style of play for our team."

Rooney wanted Ladapo in Jan 2021, so to suggest he isn't a likely signing is clearly incorrect.

No it seems you’ve completely missed mine. Cybulski isn’t very good in the air. IMO he isn’t great with his feet but thats for another time, but suggesting someone who is suited to a more direct style isn’t suited to our team but Ladapo would be a good or likely signing is a complete contradiction. 

If as you say Rooney wanted him in Jan 2021 (I’m not convinced if you’re right or how you actually know that other than media speculation) then you’d do well to look at the style in Jan 21 compared to the style in Jan 22 and consider what he saw in his attributes then……everyone knows how Rotherham play and so for Ladapo to have been a success there tells you that he’s suited to that type of play as opposed to a patient build up favoured by Rooney / Rosenior now. It also (apart from the obvious year older / injuries) explains why CKR was a far more effective striker last season to the one he’s been this.