Who stays?

RYRAM

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this next season, assuming Rooney can keep who he wants. 

Allsop

Bielik   Cashin   Buchanan

*RWB*   Knight   Bird   *LWB*

Ebiowei   Ravel   Lawrence

Foulkes, McDonald, Davies, Forsyth, Bardell/Solomon, Tommo, DRobinson, Sibley, Wilson, Stretton, Cybulski

Two new wing backs to complete the starting lineup. Anyone who is sold or doesn't renew their contract would need to be directly replaced - no promotions from within.

So you think Byrne will be sold presumably ?

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this next season, assuming Rooney can keep who he wants. 

Allsop

Foulkes, McDonald, Davies, Forsyth, Bardell/Solomon, Tommo, DRobinson, Sibley, Wilson, Stretton, Cybulski

Two new wing backs to complete the starting lineup. Anyone who is sold or doesn't renew their contract would need to be directly replaced - no promotions from within.

Absolutely no chance of that being our squad next season I’m afraid. And if it is, that back 3 is poor! Bielik is wasted at the back, especially as a right sided CB. No centre forward again? It’d be a long season. It’s a no from me

Allsop

Anybody who puts bielik CB needs their heads sorting best DM in the league just take him totally out the game! Bielik is the key for our team I'd be fumin if Rooney every puts him CB bielik in league 1 is basically promotion

On 10/04/2022 at 09:07, Ghost of Clough said:

For the first team? A first team squad should only have 2 players per position, maybe 1 spare taking the total to 23. You're suggesting we could keep as few as 3 players from out current squad for next season

Allsop, Davies, Cashin, Forsyth, Tommo, Ravel and Ebiowei will still be with us. Then we'll also have a few other U23s filling in as squad players like McDonald, Wilson and Stretton.

If all others not listed leave, then that's 1 GK, 4 defenders, 7 mids/forwards. Chances are, a couple of the others will stay on making the task a little easier.

I`m not suggesting who SHOULD be kept, I`m suggesting who I think will be sold and who will leave on expiry of contracts.

Big difference between who you would ideally like to keep and who you will be able to keep.

CK is not going to be able to hand over a huge pot of money to build a squad and has already spoken about free transfers. But even frees come with up-front costs as well as wages. It`s going to be a huge challenge to build a competitive squad. Yes, playing for WR will be a huge attraction for many players, but L1, possibly on -15 points and restrictions on wages for a couple of years, will make it difficult to compete with other clubs.

Wayne and his team have a huge job on their hands. And that`s assuming Everton don`t come calling again when they sack Lampard!

2 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

I`m not suggesting who SHOULD be kept, I`m suggesting who I think will be sold and who will leave on expiry of contracts.

Big difference between who you would ideally like to keep and who you will be able to keep.

CK is not going to be able to hand over a huge pot of money to build a squad and has already spoken about free transfers. But even frees come with up-front costs as well as wages. It`s going to be a huge challenge to build a competitive squad. Yes, playing for WR will be a huge attraction for many players, but L1, possibly on -15 points and restrictions on wages for a couple of years, will make it difficult to compete with other clubs.

Wayne and his team have a huge job on their hands. And that`s assuming Everton don`t come calling again when they sack Lampard!

I know exactly what you said. But what you said suggests only 3 players from the current squad could stay with us. You'll be very hard pressed to find another person who agrees with you on that

14 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So you think Byrne will be sold presumably ?

I just don't think Byrne would be willing to drop to L1, unlike some of the other out of contract players. 
Besides, despite his strengths and level of performances this season, I believe he disrupts the balance to the team

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I just don't think Byrne would be willing to drop to L1, unlike some of the other out of contract players. 
Besides, despite his strengths and level of performances this season, I believe he disrupts the balance to the team

Yea, definitely a disruptive influence to the team, still maybe a contender for POTY though ?

17 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Anybody who puts bielik CB needs their heads sorting best DM in the league just take him totally out the game! Bielik is the key for our team I'd be fumin if Rooney every puts him CB bielik in league 1 is basically promotion

Man Utd fans would argue that one with you.Rooney wanted James Garner at the start of the season. A DM that tackles , passes forward and covers a lot of ground.A dead ball expert that bangs them in from 25 yards and also gets Assists. Wazza will be sorry he missed out. All media outlets have given Beilik very average scores this season . So far.

11 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Man Utd fans would argue that one with you.Rooney wanted James Garner at the start of the season. A DM that tackles , passes forward and covers a lot of ground.A dead ball expert that bangs them in from 25 yards and also gets Assists. Wazza will be sorry he missed out. All media outlets have given Beilik very average scores this season . So far.

Also played RCB for Poland over the international break.
In L1, we should be dominating play so much our CBs will be playing as DMs anyway.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Also played RCB for Poland over the international break.
In L1, we should be dominating play so much our CBs will be playing as DMs anyway.

Not convinced we are in Div 1 yet, but if so - what about Allsopp up to Big Bart and miss out midfield all together?

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Not convinced we are in Div 1 yet, but if so - what about Allsopp up to Big Bart and miss out midfield all together?

Cybulski may be tall but he isn't very good in the air.

We've developed technical players in the academy, not hoofball merchants, so completely the wrong style of play for our team.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Cybulski may be tall but he isn't very good in the air.

We've developed technical players in the academy, not hoofball merchants, so completely the wrong style of play for our team.

Only joking . Like Brian said “ football is meant to be played on the grass”