Who stays?

RYRAM

Its going to be a total rebuild for sure,Lawrence will be off and i cant see beilik wanting to drop down a division again although we still owe Arsenal a fee for him

Jags i think may come back and Ravel might fancy another season with Rooney,as for the rest its a guessing game  and how much will Rooney be given to spend, but more likely we will be looking at loans and freebies

I can’t work out what will happen with Bielik.

We sell him and likely end up owing Arsenal more than we get.

We loan him out for a year and hope he is either worth more at the end of the season or that we get promoted again and he can play for us again.

He stays and risks losing his place in the Poland squad. 

5 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I can’t work out what will happen with Bielik.

We sell him and likely end up owing Arsenal more than we get.

We loan him out for a year and hope he is either worth more at the end of the season or that we get promoted again and he can play for us again.

He stays and risks losing his place in the Poland squad. 

He was quite vocal in the Polish media when he signed that he wanted to be playing in the top division within 2 years and would be looking at his future if we hadn't gone up.  I remember that clearly as I found it a bit crappy he was talking about it only a few weeks after signing.  Two knee ops have probably curtailed that one for a while, however,  I'm pretty sure his agent will have negotiated a few release clauses in his contract at certain payment values to make a move easy as possible.

This is a tough one. If we stay up I think most will stay.  The major doubt would be Lawrence as I think he’d have to take a massive pay cut.  I don’t think (or I hope) that CK or any new owner will throw around contracts on the sort of terms we did under MM.

In L1 it’ll be a bit different.  I think Bielik will want to go.  With the World Cup in Nov/Dec I can’t him wanting to start the season in L1.  On top of that I think Lawrence, Bird, Knight, Byrne, Buchanan will go on top of Festy and Plange.  I think Curtis will stay and might even firm part of the coaching team.  I also think Thompson, Sibley, Cashin and several of the youngsters who’ve broke through or, in Sibley’s case, been regulars on the bench will stay.  Morrison will fancy another year - I think he’s found a home and is enjoying his football.  Allsopp is another one who’s had regular first team football and will want to carry that on next season.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with players like Roos and CKR, the experienced bench-warmers.

Well for me

I keep hold of selby cashin tom lawance if we can I keep other young lad Ben with forgin name dont even ask me his name I keep hold if Forsyth and curtis davies allslop try keep hold of jasion knight lee buncan Richard's if he can keep fit.

Players I like to see come back if possible

Phil Jackla 

Chris martin

Maybe try get kelly gorden 

Laim delap.

And that young player we sold to villa try get him back on a season long loan.

But also look at young players that did not quite make at premier league clubs.

Keep looking out for talent at irland for players.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well for me

I keep hold of selby cashin tom lawance if we can I keep other young lad Ben with forgin name dont even ask me his name I keep hold if Forsyth and curtis davies allslop try keep hold of jasion knight lee buncan Richard's if he can keep fit.

Players I like to see come back if possible

Phil Jackla 

Chris martin

Maybe try get kelly gorden 

Laim delap.

And that young player we sold to villa try get him back on a season long loan.

But also look at young players that did not quite make at premier league clubs.

Keep looking out for talent at irland for players.

Bit optimistic with some of those B4 ?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Bit optimistic with some of those B4 ?

I think rooney should start looking now and make one or two phone calls and see if there new clubs be willing to send them out on loan what the worest they can say is no.

19 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He was quite vocal in the Polish media when he signed that he wanted to be playing in the top division within 2 years and would be looking at his future if we hadn't gone up.  I remember that clearly as I found it a bit crappy he was talking about it only a few weeks after signing.  Two knee ops have probably curtailed that one for a while, however,  I'm pretty sure his agent will have negotiated a few release clauses in his contract at certain payment values to make a move easy as possible.

With his injury record I can`t imagine a long list of clubs queuing up to sign him, and certainly not for a very big fee.

21 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Yes that’s all he signed - more money though ?

and could well be offered another year.

I don`t see many signing new contracts as they are likely to be offered better terms elsewhere.

I think 2 or 3 of the more valuable players, Bird, Knight, Thompson etc will be sold to fund building a squad. In real terms 15 to 20 players need to be signed, and even free signings come with signing on fees and agents fees. Loan signings usually command loan fees and making their wages fit into a regulated structure won`t be easy. It`s going to be an expensive summer and who wants to put a figure on the cash commitment to sort the squad out?

Building a squad from scratch that will be capable of pushing for promotion will not be an easy task with restricted budgets. And building a squad that can achieve that and be retained in the Championship will be even harder.

The club isn`t going to be offering 3 year contracts at £20k a week for a few years yet.

Edited by RipleyRich

20 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I Spoke to Cashin this morning, asked him if he would be with us next season, he said he hoped so.

He will be one of the players targeted by other clubs in the summer.

I will be amazed if he`s still at the Club next season unless he`s back on loan. I think that`s a possibility with Plange BTW, although Palace may prefer him to play in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Blindingly obvious 

Not to some it seems. Some people seem to think that players have deep emotional attachments to clubs like fans do. While some may, the reality is that their attachment to their Bank Account is bigger.

1 hour ago, RipleyRich said:

and could well be offered another year.

I don`t see many signing new contracts as they are likely to be offered better terms elsewhere.

I think 2 or 3 of the more valuable players, Bird, Knight, Thompson etc will be sold to fund building a squad. In real terms 15 to 20 players need to be signed, and even free signings come with signing on fees and agents fees. Loan signings usually command loan fees and making their wages fit into a regulated structure won`t be easy. It`s going to be an expensive summer and who wants to put a figure on the cash commitment to sort the squad out?

Building a squad from scratch that will be capable of pushing for promotion will not be an easy task with restricted budgets. And building a squad that can achieve that and be retained in the Championship will be even harder.

The club isn`t going to be offering 3 year contracts at £20k a week for a few years yet.

For the first team? A first team squad should only have 2 players per position, maybe 1 spare taking the total to 23. You're suggesting we could keep as few as 3 players from out current squad for next season

Allsop, Davies, Cashin, Forsyth, Tommo, Ravel and Ebiowei will still be with us. Then we'll also have a few other U23s filling in as squad players like McDonald, Wilson and Stretton.

If all others not listed leave, then that's 1 GK, 4 defenders, 7 mids/forwards. Chances are, a couple of the others will stay on making the task a little easier.

Sibley is the player Wazza won’t use but dare not let him leave . When Leeds came calling , Mel said they did not have enough money.Rooney clearly has a problem with Sibley. Bird and Lawrence get straight reds and Rooney says he wants them to “Play on the edge” . But Sibley can’t be trusted when he gets booked. Under a Wilder/Cooper type manager , Sibley could smash the Championship and make Wazza look foolish. So to hear Rooney say the Wales manager should forget his reservations about Lawrence is a bit hypocritical.