Who stays?

RYRAM

On 09/04/2022 at 11:23, Foreveram said:

I Spoke to Cashin this morning, asked him if he would be with us next season, he said he hoped so.

Ironically, after missing Cash altogether at the hotel in Swansea, I saw him outside Pride Park with his family after the under 23s game  today and we all  chatted for quite a time. 

He talked a little about Festy,  and how difficult it is for a player to know when to make the call to take up an offer. Says the players want to stay, but they want a job next season. Have to say, Cashin won't be short of offers! I got the impression he really wants to stay if he can.

Anyway, he's a very modest young man, says it's hard as he's still learning every match. He seemed a bit surprised by how well we think he is doing and shook hands with us all. 

Captain material, definitely. I hope we can keep him.

Oh, and his mum's going to her first away match at QPR. We warned her it was a dump! ?

23 minutes ago, angieram said:

Ironically, after missing Cash altogether at the hotel in Swansea, I saw him outside Pride Park with his family after the under 23s game  today and we all  chatted for quite a time. 

He talked a little about Festy,  and how difficult it is for a player to know when to make the call to take up an offer. Says the players want to stay, but they want a job next season. Have to say, Cashin won't be short of offers! I got the impression he really wants to stay if he can.

Anyway, he's a very modest young man, says it's hard as he's still learning every match. He seemed a bit surprised by how well we think he is doing and shook hands with us all. 

Oh, and his mum's going to her first away match at QPR. We warned her it was a dump! ?

Now I know why he ran off and hid when I was speaking to him.?

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Actually, you can't have seen him after me, as the family got in the car near ours and drove off. 

There were four of us chatting with four of them so I hardly think I was that scary! ?

I spoke to him in Swansea, I was only joking with you ? hope you enjoyed the weekend.

38 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I spoke to him in Swansea, I was only joking with you ? hope you enjoyed the weekend.

Yes, I did. Missed you this morning. We had early breakfast and were gone by 9.15. Wanted to make sure we got to Pride Park on time.

I hope your grandson enjoys the autographs! 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I hope told her nobody sits down

5 hours ago, angieram said:

You seem very close to the players , any insight what has happened with Sibley. You used to be one of his fans.

7 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

You seem very close to the players , any insight what has happened with Sibley. You used to be one of his fans.

I'm not close to the players. This is the first conversation I have had with one since last time I was at the Marriott (2020). 

I am still one of Sibley's fans. Great player, still got lots of developing to do. I will be very sad if it's not with Derby County.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this next season, assuming Rooney can keep who he wants. 

Allsop

Bielik   Cashin   Buchanan

*RWB*   Knight   Bird   *LWB*

Ebiowei   Ravel   Lawrence

Foulkes, McDonald, Davies, Forsyth, Bardell/Solomon, Tommo, DRobinson, Sibley, Wilson, Stretton, Cybulski

Two new wing backs to complete the starting lineup. Anyone who is sold or doesn't renew their contract would need to be directly replaced - no promotions from within.

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this next season, assuming Rooney can keep who he wants. 

Allsop

Foulkes, McDonald, Davies, Forsyth, Bardell/Solomon, Tommo, DRobinson, Sibley, Wilson, Stretton, Cybulski

Two new wing backs to complete the starting lineup. Anyone who is sold or doesn't renew their contract would need to be directly replaced - no promotions from within.

You don't rate Byrne?

I prefer Bielik in midfield. If he can regain his pre-injury form, he would totally dominate games.

And have you ruled out Watson? I liked him when he broke into the first team - can pick an incisive pass.

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Allsop

Bielik at CB

Cbs No GIF by HULU

If Rooney is still here next season then he will definitely be hammering the loan market to pack the squad out. We don't know the full ramifications of the takeover, we don't know if we're going to be on minus points to start the season off, we don't know what kind of transfer embargo we will be under or what restrictions will be in place. 

This is even under the assumption Rooney will be here and that Kirchner will come good on his promise and complete the takeover. 

Unfortunately, I think we're somewhat too far away from predicting next year's starting 11 or what we will even have to deal with when this season is done. 

Athletic again saying Buchanan has a lot of interest, and one club is Forest whom seem to have been after him for a while.  Makes you wonder if his agent has been up to no good and sorted something there?

Article the other day also stated he and Ebiowei's one year extension options in favour of the club have expired.  

Just have to hope a deal to buy the club is done before July 1st, so a new contract can be offered to both, so then at least the club gets some compo.  To lose them on a free would be awful.

On 09/04/2022 at 09:38, Sparkle said:

Who stays - anyone who wants to springs to mind - we are short everywhere 

who’s likely to move on - probably Belick especially if he has a good World Cup but that pushing it late. Possibly Knight due to his international pedigree.

if I was the likes of Sibley I would be staying to establish myself in the league one team ( assuming that’s where we will be) and that goes for most of the youngsters.

Basically it will be a case of do you want more money - then off you go - or - do you want to play football - here’s your chance which goes for the youngsters and the very experienced professionals. Whilst playing in front of supporters who support the team in high numbers.

My optimistic interests sits with who Rooney can bring in as a centre forward because we need three of them - loans or free transfers probably as this will dictate our approach to games. 

League One is a strange place nowadays.  Very physical and difficult to get out of.  Certainly with points deducted, decimated squad and FFP restrictions.  It could be a rough few years.   TBH it’s a miracle that the Club has survived given the horrendous state of the finances.  I know that there will be more twists and turns along the way but look at ITFC, WIGAN,BOLTON,SUNDERLAND,CHARLTON AND PORTSMOUTH.  All biggish names in a small time League.   It’s is still crazy that these teams are even there.   Include Coventry who managed to fall down to L2 over a few seasons then back up to the Championship.  Every one of those clubs has a story to tell.  

15 minutes ago, Flying Fokker said:

League One is a strange place nowadays.  Very physical and difficult to get out of.  Certainly with points deducted, decimated squad and FFP restrictions.  It could be a rough few years.   TBH it’s a miracle that the Club has survived given the horrendous state of the finances.  I know that there will be more twists and turns along the way but look at ITFC, WIGAN,BOLTON,SUNDERLAND,CHARLTON AND PORTSMOUTH.  All biggish names in a small time League.   It’s is still crazy that these teams are even there.   Include Coventry who managed to fall down to L2 over a few seasons then back up to the Championship.  Every one of those clubs has a story to tell.  

Sheffield Wednesday too