World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We played 433.

Bellingham is more box-to-box, Henderson was the furthest one forward pressing and Rice was holding.

We played far better today and in this tournament in general than previously in a back three.

Bellingham has been key. He really is a monster in midfield and would get in any team in the world. 

Bellingham has been the star. He's got it all.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I have to disagree on two points. It wasn’t 50:50 we were the better side (IMO). It also wasn’t down to luck. Luck is when something happens that is outside the control of either you or your opponent. For example, the coffee cup incident. 

The bottom line is, we were the better team but sadly failed to convert our chances especially the guilt edged missed penalty. 

It was a 50/50 game going into the game. We were the better side for most of it. We were unlucky because the referee was a joke all game, even had to be covinced by VAR to give the penalty. Fine margins. This is the best England side for some time for so many reasons.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

What were we playing then? 

Henderson naturally played wider on the right to enter the space Mbappe was leaving as he doesn’t defend.

But out of possession when the ball went back, Henderson was often closing down their CBs and pressing Lloris.

We played 4123 if it matters but tbh if you can’t score a penalty…

Just now, Monty said:

4123 is just 433 with a holding midfielder and two number 8s.

It’s pretty much the same.

Without Bellingham I don’t think we play this way. He literally is the first name on the teamsheet because he is the only true box-to-box machine we have in there.

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It was a 50/50 game going into the game. We were the better side for most of it. We were unlucky because the referee was a joke all game, even had to be covinced by VAR to give the penalty. Fine margins. This is the best England side for some time for so many reasons.

I didn’t realise the 50:50 you were referring to was before a ball was even kicked.?

7 minutes ago, Monty said:

I've taken 2 penalties while playing Sunday football, Not for England, Not in front of 50k + fans, Not with millions watching at home and abroad...and missed them both...it aint that simple...honest ?

Thought it was the tale of the strikers tonight, Giroud got the luck on his header and Kane lost his composure in that second penalty. Was always gonna be the toughest game for us and was always going to be the toughest game for France.

Fine margins and a good game. We are so close to being a real top side and theres lots of positives to take, we just came across a side that produced two bits of top, top quality. We miss a bit of ‘blockbuster’ which France has in abundance and it just gave them enough to get past us.

Edited by TuffLuff

9 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Not so easy taking penalties is it?, That'll haunt Kane for a while, Still a couple of seasons for Southgate 2024, Still the same slow build up, Trying to unlock defences that will happily keep 9-10 men behind the ball, We have the players to unlock these defences...but Southgate isn't adventuress enough 

Somebody on this forum, I can’t remember who it was, said “anyone who can’t hit the target from 12 yards should seriously consider their choice or career” (or words to that effect). 

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

I've taken 2 penalties while playing Sunday football, Not for England, Not in front of 50k + fans, Not with millions watching at home and abroad...and missed them both...it aint that simple...honest ?

No it’s not simple but at elite level you should at least be on target - we’re going to have to disagree on this one 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Somebody on this forum, I can’t remember who it was, said “anyone who can’t hit the target from 12 yards should seriously consider their choice or career” (or words to that effect). 

Yes I read it too, Take the keeper out of the goals and it's a piece of pi$$Oh My God Omg GIF by World Cup