World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

1 minute ago, SSD said:

Thank you Ecuador for sticking two fingers up at the hosts so far. I hope the fifa president is still crying into his brown envelopes.

So my dream of them getting battered looks promising. Should be a first half hat trick. And this is, on paper, qatars easiest game of the tournament. So if they’re struggling here, Senegal and Netherlands are going to smash them. 

look at there little miserable faces. That’s how you build an atmosphere. 

7 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Does anyone know how many England fans are expected to be there, and secondly, is it true that all the group games will be in half empty stadiums?

That's always the way it looked in my youth of the 70s and 80s.

England in Mexico 86 and Spain 82 didn't typically fill grounds for group matches and in fact typically only the host nations group games sold out like Argentina 78.

I Particularly like the “rentacrowd” they keep showing on the TV coverage.

This should a low point for FIFA.  No football legacy from this either, most stadia are to be downsized some to be torn down (and the materials re-used -yeah right!)

Willing Ecuador to completely batter them.

3 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

I Particularly like the “rentacrowd” they keep showing on the TV coverage.

This should a low point for FIFA.  No football legacy from this either, most stadia are to be downsized some to be torn down (and the materials re-used -yeah right!)

Willing Ecuador to completely batter them.

Presumably, reused in a way that will get more workers killed.

Well, if Ecuador hadn't slowed down and basically game managed they could have had a hat-full tbh. Not convinced the first one was offside as it looked like it came off the keeper but that's VAR for you. Qatar despite being Asian cup champions wouldn't have looked out of place in our 4th division quite honestly. I think what was even more telling was the stadium emptying by 50 minutes... Despite their apparent 'love' of football the Qatari public couldn't bear more than 50 minutes of their first ever World Cup game. It had all the atmosphere of one of our pizza cup games with a 'singing section' smaller than our south stand. 

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I've replayed it a few times, Hard to tell as it went up in the air ?‍♀️

Doesn't matter if the ball goes forward or backwards. Happened in that spurs champions league game the other week, Eric Dier thought that was a rule too. As long as the offside player is ahead of the ball then it doesn't matter if the ball goes backwards.