Steve Gibson "Sporting Integrity"

CBRammette

Forest have probably saved him from any FFP worries for another couple of years. Put the value up for a loan player that wouldn't have played for Boro anyway, and he'll probably end up selling for an amount similar to what Morris wants for Pride Park.

• 1 month later...

Now that the 21/22 financial year has ended, and Boro have not yet sold either Djed Spence or any other player of significant value, all eyes should be on Boro's next FFP submission. 

They pushed the boat out somewhat last season with both permanent signings and high profile loans, plus an expensive change of manager, and were already being highlighted as sailing close to the wind. A good cup run will have helped, but their average attendance was below ours and so overall revenue will have hardly budged from the last full season with fans. 

Boro fans always boasted that, if they failed to get promotion, they'd only have to sell Spence to beat FFP. Well, now we'll see what dodge Gibson pulls in order to beat the rap this time. Any settlement with MM shouldn't count because it was allegedly with Gibson directly. I expect Mr Ploppy and his team of forensic anoraks to be fully on top of this one... ? 

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

Now that the 21/22 financial year has ended, and Boro have not yet sold either Djed Spence or any other player of significant value, all eyes should be on Boro's next FFP submission. 

They pushed the boat out somewhat last season with both permanent signings and high profile loans, plus an expensive change of manager, and were already being highlighted as sailing close to the wind. A good cup run will have helped, but their average attendance was below ours and so overall revenue will have hardly budged from the last full season with fans. 

Boro fans always boasted that, if they failed to get promotion, they'd only have to sell Spence to beat FFP. Well, now we'll see what dodge Gibson pulls in order to beat the rap this time. Any settlement with MM shouldn't count because it was allegedly with Gibson directly. I expect Mr Ploppy and his team of forensic anoraks to be fully on top of this one... ? 

himym-how-i-met-your-mother.gif

3 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Spencer expected to join Spurs for £15m before the weekend

That won't do anything for their 2021/22 FFP return. Their fans were using the same line that Leeds fans did in 2019/20 "if we don't go up we'll just sell Kalvin for £40M". But if the transfer isn't registered before 30th June, it goes into the following year's accounts. That will make it very tight for them I think.

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

That won't do anything for their 2021/22 FFP return. Their fans were using the same line that Leeds fans did in 2019/20 "if we don't go up we'll just sell Kalvin for £40M". But if the transfer isn't registered before 30th June, it goes into the following year's accounts. That will make it very tight for them I think.

I Hope Please GIF