The Ukraine War

Day

14 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I’d avoid staying in Hotels for a while if I was him 

Yep……I’d certainly keep away from any windows as well!

One look through that window and you feel the need to jump.

Edited by Ramarena

Right then, anyone see Putin's concert/rally in Moscow today?

Well if you saw the kids on stage, many of them were the Ukrainian kids kidnapped from Mariupol, they we're paraded around and made to give thanks to Russia for "saving" them and sending them to filtration camps for re-education. 

The soldier in the middle was celebrated for "saving" over 300 kids from Ukraine!

Fpkxs8cXgAAMCk8?format=jpg&name=medium

16 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Well if you saw the kids on stage, many of them were the Ukrainian kids kidnapped from Mariupol, they we're paraded around and made to give thanks to Russia for "saving" them and sending them to filtration camps for re-education. 

The soldier in the middle was celebrated for "saving" over 300 kids from Ukraine!

300 radicalized children supporting the enemy of their country of birth. 

Presumably Ukraine have disowned these children and taken away their citizenship.

Edited by 1of4

4 hours ago, 1of4 said:

300 radicalized children supporting the enemy of their country of birth. 

Presumably Ukraine have disowned these children and taken away their citizenship.

I hadn't realised that Britain had flattened Bethnal Green and kidnapped its children?

Must look that one up on Google....

As they said on the radio this morning, if China decides to side with, and support, Russia it could be a game changer and extremely dangerous.

It may not be very palatable but I would hope NATO, and the USA in particular, are courting the Chinese and not alienating them. Of course it all depends on what China’s demands are. If, for example, it’s a promise not to interfere in any attempt to bring Taiwan back under Chinese control, it could prove extremely problematic.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

As they said on the radio this morning, if China decides to side with, and support, Russia it could be a game changer and extremely dangerous.

It may not be very palatable but I would hope NATO, and the USA in particular, are courting the Chinese and not alienating them. Of course it all depends on what China’s demands are. If, for example, it’s a promise not to interfere in any attempt to bring Taiwan back under Chinese control, it could prove extremely problematic.

Yeah, I'd fear that the Chinese are basically reminding the West that they could support Russia if they wished.  We simply can't have an economic war with China.  And, as you say, the problem might be that they will try to use this as a bargaining chip.  China won't support Russia now, if the US won't support Taiwan in future. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/02/2023 at 14:59, Ramarena said:

CNN have a brief update on the kidnapped Ukrainian girl (specifically Mariupol) who spoke at Putin’s rally, she’s the one on the right in the grey coat in the picture above.

Seems they have been doing a lot of work trying to track down/find out more about Ukrainian children snatched from their country.

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-03-04-23/h_fcfd5e5ed32e76e3300d227bf4164d2d

Could someone explain to me what this seeming madman is on about?  How is Britain at war with Russia?  Sending equipment and training troops is one thing, direct involvement quite another.  This kind of talk is highly irresponsible and deadly dangerous.

2 hours ago, ramit said:

Could someone explain to me what this seeming madman is on about?  How is Britain at war with Russia?  Sending equipment and training troops is one thing, direct involvement quite another.  This kind of talk is highly irresponsible and deadly dangerous.

Let's give the weak-chinned t*** a gun then and he can mobilise his ass out to Ukraine since he's so feckin on the idea of direct conflict. t*****! 

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

6 hours ago, ramit said:

Take a close look at the Twitter account you're quoting, and then try to find that interview (which as far as I can gather was from around the end of January this year, then listen to the whole interview and not a 13 second snippet posted by a far right Christian and clearly pro-Moscow account. Then, for reassurance, check in Hansard what Ellwood was saying in the HoC on 26th January. It wasn't "let's declare war on Russia". 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Take a close look at the Twitter account you're quoting, and then try to find that interview (which as far as I can gather was from around the end of January this year, then listen to the whole interview and not a 13 second snippet posted by a far right Christian and clearly pro-Moscow account. Then, for reassurance, check in Hansard what Ellwood was saying in the HoC on 26th January. It wasn't "let's declare war on Russia". 

Even without the misinformation, some of our illustrious politicians are playing the jingoistic game of drum beating, because some of the electorate look up to that kind of thing. Plenty of Boris' gung-ho was about his image, nothing really to do with Ukraine. 

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

What difference does it make who posts a snippet from an interview?  Ellwood did state that "we" are now at war in Europe, the we being NATO, which includes your country and mine, as well as we need to face Russia directly, rather than leaving Ukraine to do all the work.  What work would that be, if not warfare? 

The interview is below.  What he said on January 26th you can take your turn and find for us, if it indeed matters, for it doesn't change what he said on January 30th. 

i stand by what i said and will add to it, reckless warmongering.