What now?

CBRammette

Wasn’t there supposed to be an imminent adjudication about the Boro/WW claims this week? Not heard anything about that. 
Tbh, even if that gets sorted, it’s probably not the only thing holding up the deal. I believe they still haven’t reached an agreement with HMRC 

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

The pressure build up from fans over the last few weeks culminating in Sunday's march was emotional and impressive. But all is silent this week. What is happening - does anyone actually know? What should we be doing other than getting behind the team? Feels very tense this week. 

Cracking on with life and work, and hoping for a win tomorrow, and some good news imminently 

5 minutes ago, Jram said:

Wasn’t there supposed to be an imminent adjudication about the Boro/WW claims this week? Not heard anything about that. 
Tbh, even if that gets sorted, it’s probably not the only thing holding up the deal. I believe they still haven’t reached an agreement with HMRC 

Administrators were ready to declare the preferred bidder at the start of January to the EFL, so we must have had an agreement with HMRC in place, I think. That would still be valid unless Boro/Wycombe are found to have a claim on money as that might change the amount that HMRC would get. 

HMRC deal is in place. Hold up has been the EFL's refusal to rule on the status of the Boro claim. Like everyone, we hoped it would have been sorted by now. 

As @CBRammettesays, it all feels very quiet,and depending on whether you're a glass half full or half empty sort of person, it means things are moving behind the scenes or the process is just stuck in deadlock. I suppose there's nothing to do except wait it out and hope for the best.

I've been tweeting a couple of the local MP's that were involved last week to ask them to heap pressure on the EFL, as that seems to be where it's needed - and fast.  Suggest everyone else that can - does. ?

On Jimmy McLoughlin's Town Hall last night, a few others were doing something similar and Owen Bradley came on to urge everyone not going tonight to forgoe the Red BUtton on Sky and pay for RamsTV coverage to help the coffers. 

31 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

HMRC deal is in place. Hold up has been the EFL's refusal to rule on the status of the Boro claim. Like everyone, we hoped it would have been sorted by now. 

As @CBRammettesays, it all feels very quiet,and depending on whether you're a glass half full or half empty sort of person, it means things are moving behind the scenes or the process is just stuck in deadlock. I suppose there's nothing to do except wait it out and hope for the best.

That was my understanding too. EFL are keen to spin all sorts of things to draw attention away from the issue with the hyenas by going on about it being the administrators fault for not naming a preferred bidder despite the obvious stumbling block over the massive variation what they might in theory be required to pay due to actions of other clubs. The HMRC have (I believe) been involved in talks and agreed a potential way forward but obviously if opportunist ambulance chasers suddenly want a slice of a finite pie which leaves them with less money then that agreement cannot move forward. Whatever way the EFL like to spin this, the claims by Boro and Wycombe are the things that are preventing a resolution and the EFL have encouraged these claims by their inaction and are allowing it to undermine any rescue.

I read a comment on the Boro forum about hoping that Gibson 'taking us to the cleaners' and I just thought 'You really don't get this do you'. This action will not work because it kills a takeover if it succeeds. If there is no takeover then there is liquidation and the incredibly limited assets that will produce 1/20th of bugger all as at present we have almost no assets - no ground, playing staff all on about-to-expire contracts. There has been a great deal of 'High Horse' pontificating about nasty Derby denying tax payers money to HMRC. If Boro get their way and are added as a football creditor and we are inevitably liquidated as a result then the tax payer will get sod all. How's the view from that High Horse now then ?

From the Twitter council meeting last night, it seems like those involved are having a few days to let it sink in. Possible talk of more marches in the future, or to make it annual.

Personally I think for now that we continue to get in touch with MPs, local celebrities, journalists, former players etc to keep the pressure on. As we move into the arbitration process any outside pressure, especially in terms of the farcical claims, would only add pressure in the case that the ruling is against us. 

Also maybe to contact local businesses to see who wants to help, I was thinking of maybe asking round a couple of breweries again to see whether they could try and get behind the fan movement or help fundraise for the club.

Shirts are down to £35 which is reasonable considering how many games are left this season. 

RamsTV is £10 tonight. For every 100 people extra who watch it then it’s another £1000 going into the club. So if you can afford it, then go for it! Or there’s nothing wrong with watching it on sky? The better figures we get for sky games the more they’ll put us in tv which is £10,000 for home games. So it’s win win whichever way you do it!

Edited by TuffLuff