Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

Particularly now, in this day and age of daytime/permanent lights, If you are generous enough to flash your lights to let someone out, could you do it in such a way as to make it obvious please. 
There is no world record for the fastest/shortest flash, and it just leaves the other driver wondering if you actually flashed them, or drove over a pebble and made the light bounce 0.7mm, thus giving the impression there may have been movement of the light. 
Thank you. 

Technically, I shouldn’t even be here, as this doesn’t “annoy” me as such. 
But morally, and as a matter of principle, I feel the need to call out those who think it wise/clever/amusing to festoon their motor vehicles with coloured lights!

Perhaps it would be a good idea for the authorities to come up with some form of uniform lighting system for us all to abide by?  Ooh, I don’t know, something like white at the front, red at the rear, amber for hazardous situations, and blue for emergency vehicles and critical situations?

How about those that cover their vehicle with coloured lights of every imaginable hue… and particularly those that choose blue… take said lights and shove them right up their boot space!  ?

Concert / gig ticket prices are becoming extortionate. Singers marketing their "final tour" or "first tour in 5 years" as an excuse to charge half a weeks wages for many people for just one ticket. Was thinking about going to a gig and a night out somewhere in the same city, for my partners birthday. I think I'd rather scrap the gig, dont give the greedy gits more money, go to a local venue with a local band on and have a better evening.

21 hours ago, SSD said:

Concert / gig ticket prices are becoming extortionate. Singers marketing their "final tour" or "first tour in 5 years" as an excuse to charge half a weeks wages for many people for just one ticket. Was thinking about going to a gig and a night out somewhere in the same city, for my partners birthday. I think I'd rather scrap the gig, dont give the greedy gits more money, go to a local venue with a local band on and have a better evening.

Not helped by Ticketmaster announcing their latest wheeze - 'dynamic pricing' - which they say is their latest attempt to stop the scalpers in the resale market.

What it actually means is they've rapidly increased the pricing so that they become the scalpers.

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not helped by Ticketmaster announcing their latest wheeze - 'dynamic pricing' - which they say is their latest attempt to stop the scalpers in the resale market.

What it actually means is they've rapidly increased the pricing so that they become the scalpers.

The angry is for Ticketmaster 

On 17/10/2022 at 12:27, SSD said:

In 1982, I went to see the Stones for £11. Quite a lot for a 15-year-old kid but easily manageable from pocket money and I bit I saved up for a short period. It's the equivalent of about £45 in today's money.

This year it cost me £180 

• 2 weeks later...

These new Bar-coded stamps: 

Firstly you can't use stamps you already have paid for (so they already have your money) or exchange them without a form you have to download and print.

Next the thing is massive using extra paper and adhesive. What for? Well apparently, if you can be bothered, besides the picture on the stamp you can scan (on your smartphone Grandma!) and see another Christmas picture. 

What bird-brain thought this little scheme up. No wonder the post costs so much.

12 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Firstly you can't use stamps you already have paid for (so they already have your money) or exchange them without a form you have to download and print.

Next the thing is massive using extra paper and adhesive. What for? Well apparently, if you can be bothered, besides the picture on the stamp you can scan (on your smartphone Grandma!) and see another Christmas picture. 

What bird-brain thought this little scheme up. No wonder the post costs so much.

Revenue protection.

Each stamp has a unique (serial) number. Once it has been scanned in the system, it can’t be reused.

On 04/10/2022 at 16:00, Wolfie said:

TV show: Eat well for less.

Not a bad idea, showing a family how they can cut down on their food bill but have you noticed where they get the replacement groceries from?. Everywhere!

"We've saved £50 on our food this week but it's cost us £60 in petrol to go to the 7 different supermarkets those nice TV people said we had to, to get cheaper baked beans"

It's like Antiques Roadtrip / Bargain Hunt / Flog It - two people, one of which is an antiques expert, drive around the UK in a six figure classic car, spending four days buying antiques for a total profit of £27

2 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Revenue protection.

Each stamp has a unique (serial) number. Once it has been scanned in the system, it can’t be reused.

Seems like an awful lot of bother to go to just to stop the occasional misuse. 

In the interests of science, I tried removing stamps from 2 cards that came today. Peeling with a craft knife sort of worked but it was pretty shabby afterwards and need glue. Then I tried steaming, again it came off but was not really useable. Cost of boiling the kettle and plasters on my scalded fingers (joking) outweighed the potential benefit.

My conspiracy, deep state antenna are twitching!? 

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

I sent unused back last week, postman posted form, Filled in name /address and posted to free post, Now waiting for new ones ?‍♀️ 

• 4 weeks later...

Automated requests for follow up surveys / would you recommend reviews on things that really don't need a follow up survey / would you recommend review - followed by subsequent reminders just in case I've suddenly developed a guilt complex for not reviewing the thing that needed reviewing.

Example, just been asked - for the third time - to offer feedback on my airport parking that I used three weeks ago. I parked, at the airport, which is where the car park was (fair point, not always the case). Automated barriers, not one human contact throughout. 

On 17/10/2022 at 12:27, SSD said:

I do just that now or watch the "big" bands live gigs on youtube. Not just the ticket but it's the travel and parking cost.