Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

So… it turns out the drive through coffee drinkers get priority over those ordering inside at the counter. 
Thus, my round of 3 drinks had an interval of 13 minutes between the first drink being served, and the third! ?

Naturally, they all got returned with the request for them to be remade, and served in such a way that the three of us could drink hot coffee together!  ?

13 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

So… it turns out the drive through coffee drinkers get priority over those ordering inside at the counter. 
Thus, my round of 3 drinks had an interval of 13 minutes between the first drink being served, and the third! ?

Naturally, they all got returned with the request for them to be remade, and served in such a way that the three of us could drink hot coffee together!  ?

Use and independent if you can rather than Costa , Starbucks etc. Some outlets try to get away with making 2 coffee’s out of one shot. That’s why one looks good and the other like dishwater 

11 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Use and independent if you can rather than Costa , Starbucks etc. Some outlets try to get away with making 2 coffee’s out of one shot. That’s why one looks good and the other like dishwater 

To be honest, I only use these places when being dragged out the office by the boss… and he usually pays. 
normally espresso for me, or occasionally a cortado, so no worries about mine being too weak, usually.  Can’t be doing with a giant pot of warm milk!  
?

Turns out they are up against the clock for drive-through, with unreachable targets to meet, unlike in store counter service. My first drink had literally gone cold by the time the 3rd one was served, as the maker diverted to drive through orders halfway through processing mine!  Charming!  ?

TV show: Eat well for less.

Not a bad idea, showing a family how they can cut down on their food bill but have you noticed where they get the replacement groceries from?. Everywhere!

"We've saved £50 on our food this week but it's cost us £60 in petrol to go to the 7 different supermarkets those nice TV people said we had to, to get cheaper baked beans"

21 hours ago, Wolfie said:

TV show: Eat well for less.

Not a bad idea, showing a family how they can cut down on their food bill but have you noticed where they get the replacement groceries from?. Everywhere!

"We've saved £50 on our food this week but it's cost us £60 in petrol to go to the 7 different supermarkets those nice TV people said we had to, to get cheaper baked beans"

TV’s not real, it’s like her that gets some junk out of a skip in Wandsworth ( that no one else is allowed to do) takes it to some remote cottage in the outer Hebrides for someone to make a table lamp out of it and then sells it to some boutique hotel in Cornwall and then goes back to Wandsworth to tell them she’s made £20 profit.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

TV’s not real, it’s like her that gets some junk out of a skip in Wandsworth ( that no one else is allowed to do) takes it to some remote cottage in the outer Hebrides for someone to make a table lamp out of it and then sells it to some boutique hotel in Cornwall and then goes back to Wandsworth to tell them she’s made £20 profit.

People throw away some good swag, Where I walk has become a dumping ground for the idle, Settees, Fridges, General household rubbish, Last week I brought home I perfectly good foldaway chair(the kind you use outside) a Sainsbury shopping bag(not the cheap plastic ones)and a mirror from a vanity unit.

No wonder she mooched off ? 

29 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

People throw away some good swag, Where I walk has become a dumping ground for the idle, Settees, Fridges, General household rubbish, Last week I brought home I perfectly good foldaway chair(the kind you use outside) a Sainsbury shopping bag(not the cheap plastic ones)and a mirror from a vanity unit.

No wonder she mooched off ? 

If you're passing abandoned furniture and not posting it on @uttoxram75 legendary thread, you need banning from this forum forever! ?

When vets refer to your pet by their name plus your surname.

I mean, I like my cat and all that, but he isn't my child, he isn't actually a member of the family and it just looks and sounds stupid to refer to him as such.

He doesn't have a surname, he's a cat.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

When vets refer to your pet by their name plus your surname.

I mean, I like my cat and all that, but he isn't my child, he isn't actually a member of the family and it just looks and sounds stupid to refer to him as such.

He doesn't have a surname, he's a cat.

Took our cat to the vet the other day, I said to the vet can you take a look at our cat, she said certainly is it a Tom, I said no it’s in the basket.

I’ll get me ? 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

A tape measure?

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Is it a vertical 4x bottle fabric conditioner rack, to go between the boiler and the window?

... If not... why not!  ?  

18 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

USB stick (shaped like a snooker cue), or a pair of shoe laces?

450mm windscreen wiper for a VW Golf, in a 1.5m box. 

On 08/09/2022 at 13:08, JoetheRam said:

Would you do it on your driving test? No. 

Not sure why people feel the need to "help" other drivers out of junctions - we're capable of getting out of junctions by making our own decision on when there is a suitable gap.

It's people thinking they know better than the rules of the road.

Rather than random signals that mean different things to different people at different times, maybe we could help each other out by  following the rules that we were supposed to learn.

Plus it's an absolute classic crash for cash technique.

Gotta disagree here. As with many things the 'rules' are sometimes less suitable than common sense. 

There are junctions that are a nightmare to get out of. And you can let people out without slowing traffic so you flash and ease off the accelerator. Let one out and it creates less rage on the roads, less chance of someone forcing a gap. 

If I flash someone out, I do a lot, then I'm in control of the distance. I prefer that then someone rushing out unexpected because they're late for work and been sat there 5 minutes. 

And I remember the speech from my instructor saying it's not something they can support because a flash doesn't mean "you go". But it kind of does. So say millions of motorists. 

I've never seen it misunderstood. I flash and people go. People flash me and I go. Never done any harm.

In fact I live on a road off Raynesway. People approach my junction at 40mph. And there's another road a few yards away. So many cars will indicate too early as if coming into my road. Then they take the next turn. If you trust their indicator then they'd wipe you out. But many put the indicator on and flash you out to show they have indeed indicated correctly. Sitting there obeying the HC seems daft when we all know exactly what it means. 

Interesting about the rule that when turning into a junction you must give way to any pedestrians crossing. 

So turning from a 50mph road into a junction and what happens is the pedestrians don't cross because not enough people are following this rule. So the car comes to a complete stop. A stop that the cars behind aren't expecting because not enough people follow the rule. So we get a nice pile up. I think it's actually more dangerous to follow this rule. And I try to do it but pedestrians have waved me on!!