Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

Drivers who speed up when you've almost overtook them, only to slow down again before it's even possible to pull in behind them.

Drivers of the vehicle located directly behind you who decide to flash you immediately after the vehicle you were overtaking chose to speed up.

Drivers who flash their lights and honk their horn when you don't move over when there would be a 1mm gap between you and the other vehicle you just overtook.

Drivers who try to squeeze through the car length gap between you and the vehicle you've almost finished overtaking. Then decide to honk their horn and choose to 'gesticulate' as they pass.

Drivers who honk their horn at traffic lights after they've turned green, but when I would end up blocking the intersection due to the exit not being clear.

All of the above when it's night time and it's slightly foggy.

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Drivers who speed up when you've almost overtook them, only to slow down again before it's even possible to pull in behind them.

Drivers of the vehicle located directly behind you who decide to flash you immediately after the vehicle you were overtaking chose to speed up.

Drivers who flash their lights and honk their horn when you don't move over when there would be a 1mm gap between you and the other vehicle you just overtook.

Drivers who try to squeeze through the car length gap between you and the vehicle you've almost finished overtaking. Then decide to honk their horn and choose to 'gesticulate' as they pass.

Drivers who honk their horn at traffic lights after they've turned green, but when I would end up blocking the intersection due to the exit not being clear.

So it was you in my way.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think we need more info.

What exactly happened?

Had a email from the landlord tell us the rent is increasing again. Due to the rise in interest rates they said. Funnily enough, many of my friends who rent have also had prices hikes around the same time. Have all the landlord's got fixed mortgages that have ran out and need renewing? Or is it purely down to yet again taking advantage of a bad situation and making even more money. Darn right pathetic.

On 28/11/2022 at 16:37, Ghost of Clough said:

So basically you're saying, drivers.

People who don't clean up after their dog.

A women on Perranporth this morning let her dog drop a log and then looked around the largely deserted beach, (clearly didn't see me), and kicked a bit of sand over it and carried on walking.

Nervous dog owners who convey their anxiety to their dogs.

And people who tell me that their dog was attacked by a Doberman once (I have two).

In 26 years of owning a Dobie, only once has one of mine attacked another dog and we've met literally thousands. I probably met 20 this morning without the hint of a problem.

Dobies are really soft dogs, but whenever I can see another owner is nervous I always say 'don't worry they're fine'. But the times I hear back 'mine was attacked by a Doberman once' is ridiculous.

I saw fights regularly in Florida and almost all involved lunatic Pit Bulls that had been bred for fighting. Apart from that one occasion with mine, I've literally never seen a Doberman in a fight and mine have been attacked a few times. But they're utter wimps and run off. 

There was a Pit Bull going metal in a dog park in Orlando one time and I asked the owner (who was a really nice and very stressed guy totally out of his depth) where he got the dog from.

Craigs List came the reply.

He'd really bought a killing machine off Craigs List and was now wondering why it was having the time of its life ripping other dogs to shreds. 

21 hours ago, SSD said:

Had a email from the landlord tell us the rent is increasing again. Due to the rise in interest rates they said. Funnily enough, many of my friends who rent have also had prices hikes around the same time. Have all the landlord's got fixed mortgages that have ran out and need renewing? Or is it purely down to yet again taking advantage of a bad situation and making even more money. Darn right pathetic.

I guess they may have variable rate buy to let mortgages and their rate really has gone up but it sounds like a bit of profiteering to me.

12 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Football cameramen who pick out kids crying when their team has lost. Come on lads, these have got to go to school and face their friends after that.

Should be picking out all the grown men crying about it.

Should hold the footage til they reach 18 and sell it for a huge profit as part of an eighteenth birthday party package.

6 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

News readers who say, "and now over to the news where you are waking up this morning!" 

What wrong with "and now to your local news"

Cos I might be waking up in an hotel in Newport and I don’t live in Newport.

when I was in Newport, the local news was all about Bristol ??‍♂️

21 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Football cameramen who pick out kids crying when their team has lost. Come on lads, these have got to go to school and face their friends after that.

Should be picking out all the grown men crying about it.

Quite cruelly, I laughed out loud last night seeing Spanish kids crying on my telly. The GF scowled at me then I told her how Chris Waddle was my favourite player and I cried during Italia 90.