Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

3 hours ago, David said:

Clothes sizes.

I range from anywhere between XL and 3XL, even with the same brand.

I shop online as the high street is pretty much dead, I can order 2 t shirt's, 100% cotton, regular fit, same brand, same size. 

One makes me look like a first attempt at making a sausage, the other perfect, how? 

It's got to the point now where I'm ordering multiple sizes of the same item just to make sure I get one that fits.

I've never understood this approach by clothing manufacturers.  They may as well use terms like, fairly small, quite big, massive, fuller figure etc.

XL?  XXL?  Small Adult?  Size 14?  Age 7-9?  If we are talking sizes, we need dimensions.  Let's use dimensions.  What's wrong with actual dimensions?  Wouldn't the use of dimensions be the perfect solution for every single person in the whole wide world?

Metric or imperial is immaterial (no pun intended!), but literal dimensions would do away with all the guesswork.
Waist, chest, inside leg, bust size, arm length etc.
Every single outer bodypart on every single human being has a dimension that can be physically determined... whether we like it or not!
Just make clothing to suit, and feckorf!

Not sure how many customers we would get if we offered to build them "Quite a large industrial/commercial unit, not as large as that new Go Outdoors/Former Toys R Us, on Pride Park, but bigger than that garage next to Friargate Bridge"!  
Actually, I am certain how many customers we'd get... a big F zero!  

What do we want?
DIMENSIONS.
When do we want them?
18:30(BST) this evening, Wednesday 17th August 2022!

Edited by Mucker1884

4 hours ago, David said:

Clothes sizes.

I shop online as the high street is pretty much dead, I can order 2 t shirt's, 100% cotton, regular fit, same brand, same size. 

One makes me look like a first attempt at making a sausage, the other perfect, how? 

It's got to the point now where I'm ordering multiple sizes of the same item just to make sure I get one that fits.

Check the actual measurements rather than the number of X's before the L.

4 hours ago, David said:

Clothes sizes.

It's bulk cutting. Fabric is stacked and then cut from above, for example. 

It's like when you try to cut a lot of pieces of paper together with one pair of scissors. They end up different.

I'm really freaked out by the increase in "Footfall" that retailers go on about. I expect to see piles of feet in trainers lying about and people hopping around on their ankles. Obviously its not made it to Derbion (stupid name) as all the floors are clear.

Privilege car ins, Had my new quote mid July, £193 3rd party fire n theft, Rang to inquire about lowering this, Automated person says can do this on my online account, I went on it...and no you can't, Rang them...on hold for ages...got pi$$ed off and hung up, Went on comparison site and filled in details...low and behold Privilege came out cheapest at £146, Old policy ran down new policy activated 11th Aug, Since then I've been inundated with Alf your car ins is coming to and end, Alf your car ins has a few days left, Alf your car ins has now run out, Text messages of the same.

Rang again this morning as have had yet another letter asking to ring, Rang to tell them the above, Can I get through...can I f***. Put my phone down and said sod it ?  

Their auto kept saying sorry we're here to help our next advisor will be with you shortly, I was only trying to help you lot out ? 

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Privilege car ins, Had my new quote mid July, £193 3rd party fire n theft, Rang to inquire about lowering this, Automated person says can do this on my online account, I went on it...and no you can't, Rang them...on hold for ages...got pi$$ed off and hung up, Went on comparison site and filled in details...low and behold Privilege came out cheapest at £146, Old policy ran down new policy activated 11th Aug, Since then I've been inundated with Alf your car ins is coming to and end, Alf your car ins has a few days left, Alf your car ins has now run out, Text messages of the same.

Rang again this morning as have had yet another letter asking to ring, Rang to tell them the above, Can I get through...can I f***. Put my phone down and said sod it ?  

Their auto kept saying sorry we're here to help our next advisor will be with you shortly, I was only trying to help you lot out ? 

I was with LV, quote almost doubled for renewal. The Meerkats gave me a quote lower than last time--with.....LV. Rang; bloke on end said its a different area of the company can't help you. So I went with RAC!

On 15/08/2022 at 15:51, BaaLocks said:

The phrase "uptick" - as in "we are seeing an uptick in sales". Does the word 'increase' not quite work to describe that? It seems to cover most of the needs of expression in the sentence so I struggle to see the place for "uptick" in our vocabulary. It adds nothing, except making people sound like David Brent.

All those nonsense sayings is one of my biggest pet hates.  A couple that really do my head are “I’ll eyeball…..” - you mean you’re going to read it - and “I’ll reach out to….” - you’re going to speak to someone.  Absolute rubbish!!

Sadly the environmental credentials of fake grass are terrible. The process to make it is energy intensive with materials imported m from places like China adding many road miles. It only has between 7 - 10  years on average before it needs replacing when the old one will go to landfill.What often goes under fake grass is also a problem as it is usually laid over a consolidated base, usually of crushed concrete and often including a plastic based weed membrane. As for wildlife you won't find blackbirds, robins, hedgehogs or bumblebees on fake grass. I firmly believe it is up to each and everyone of us to do everything we can to provide an environment which is supportive to our native wildlife and that includes not using weedkiller! 

On 13/08/2022 at 22:29, Boycie said:

I have have fake grass and half Indian sand stone. ( think of the carbon foot print in getting that here)

I don’t have a problem with insects of butterflies etc in our garden as her indoors has plenty of flowers etc, and a large budlia *spellcheck* that attracts lots of flying insects, even bats at night.

As for the rest of the grass insects, they can go next door. The amount of fossil fuels I’ve not burnt in cutting the grass and taking to the tip, plus weed killers etc will allow me to sleep quiet easy in my bed.

If you like real grass, good for you. Enjoy it. 

3 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

Sadly the environmental credentials of fake grass are terrible. The process to make it is energy intensive with materials imported m from places like China adding many road miles. It only has between 7 - 10  years on average before it needs replacing when the old one will go to landfill.What often goes under fake grass is also a problem as it is usually laid over a consolidated base, usually of crushed concrete and often including a plastic based weed membrane. As for wildlife you won't find blackbirds, robins, hedgehogs or bumblebees on fake grass. I firmly believe it is up to each and everyone of us to do everything we can to provide an environment which is supportive to our native wildlife and that includes not using weedkiller! 

We’ve already sneered at you lot earlier in the thread, no need to repeat it?

2 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

Yes because it is a very important issue and hopefully in the near future it will be banned. I don't think you had a great deal of support though. 

I spray industrial strength weed killer at the few weeds that do manage to appear through the grass.

As for support, nobodies bothered.

I’ll hug a tree next time I’m near one. ?

My fake grass has been down 9 years now. Looks as new. Seems it may disintegrate any time now then, I take it?
It’s currently covered in bodshit, thanks to the feeders & bird baths scattered around the garden. Slugs were out in force yesterday after the rains, all over my lovely patterned concrete. We have loads of bees, wasps, butterflies, spiders, ladybirds, flies, and Lord knows what other insects, thanks to our well tended border plant beds, insect hotel, climbing roses, & countless potted plants, large & small. 
A damn sight more wildlife here than either of the two neighbouring gardens, which are made up of solid grassless dead earth, chopped up furniture, rusted bike frames, ashen bonfire residue, and just about enough piles of dogshit to fill a fooken empty reservoir!  Oh, and apart from their perimeters that border my garden (as I ripped out all the hedge and replaced with fencing, also 9 years ago), they are both literally surrounded by 12ft high/6ft wide wild privet, due to their complete laziness and shitty attitude. 
You can’t choose your neighbours, but you can wish they’d feck off and live next to some other poor fecker!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

On 17/08/2022 at 14:17, David said:

Clothes sizes.

Basically mass produced clothes are thrown together and the designer labels don't want anyone carrying more than 6 pounds of extra weight or over the age of 30 buying there clothes so the XL is a medium in the real world. Try as you like, all blokes get a bit thicker in the middle as they get older.  Best to just stick to middle of the road stuff nowadays although I have noticed that issue creeping in with t shirts from Marks and Spencers.

On a footnote to that I have no idea what's happened to jeans over the last 10 years.  Can never find a pair to fit properly.  Seem ok, then after a few washes there constantly hanging round my arse. Everyday ones and expensive ones.  There all s***.