Has Mel Morris come into some money ??

gfs1ram

Just wondered if Mel Morris owns any Activision Blizzard shares?

AB took over King Games in 2016 for $5.9 billion. aka Candy Crush / Mel Morris. (£500mil)

Now I see Microsoft are paying $70 billion approx for Activision Blizzard !!

Mel may have just got some of his £200 mil back ?

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I was under the impression that Morris had sold his stake in King a few years ago (probably when I stopped playing Candy Crush), but I could well be wrong.

I thought he'd sold his entire stake as he was a seed investor, but don't have confirmation. 

3 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

So what if he has?

He has cleaned his hands of DCFC, he’s not going to pay a penny toward helping the club, he’s not going to do the “right thing” by some posters, he’s out. 

No exactly true. He owns the stadium and is definitely still a factor in this mess. He is still a problem.

Unfortunately we all ignored all the red flags, and stuck two fingers up at the rules and every other club. 

Morris may well be the architect of the destruction of the Rams. 

Forget any ideas of him riding in on a white horse to save the day. We were a vehicle for making money to him. That failed and he's hightailed into the sunset, with the ground as his last asset to try to salvage some of his losses with. 

We fully deserve punishment for his actions. I hope we've suffered punishment enough with embargoes, points deductions and now the dismantling of the rump of a team, built on kids and pros in the last few seasons of their careers. 

Plenty of things about football means I personally have to metaphorically hold my nose, and fans across the country do the same. It's easy to judge a team, an owner etc. based on non footballing criterion. I heard plenty of criticism of Newcastle and their new owners, and rightly so. Lots of people spoke in a similar fashion about Leicester and their previous administration period, and how local businesses suffered from their behaviour - again, rightly so. 

Now it's our turn. And I can't defend it, just to hold my nose and pretend it doesn't stink. 

And that's all because of Mel, and we cheered him while he took us to the cliff edge and pushed. 

He ain't going to save us. 

28 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Unfortunately we all ignored all the red flags, and stuck two fingers up at the rules and every other club. 

Forget any ideas of him riding in on a white horse to save the day. We were a vehicle for making money to him. That failed and he's hightailed into the sunset, with the ground as his last asset to try to salvage some of his losses with. 

We fully deserve punishment for his actions. I hope we've suffered punishment enough with embargoes, points deductions and now the dismantling of the rump of a team, built on kids and pros in the last few seasons of their careers. 

Plenty of things about football means I personally have to metaphorically hold my nose, and fans across the country do the same. It's easy to judge a team, an owner etc. based on non footballing criterion. I heard plenty of criticism of Newcastle and their new owners, and rightly so. Lots of people spoke in a similar fashion about Leicester and their previous administration period, and how local businesses suffered from their behaviour - again, rightly so. 

Now it's our turn. And I can't defend it, just to hold my nose and pretend it doesn't stink. 

And that's all because of Mel, and we cheered him while he took us to the cliff edge and pushed. 

Agreed. We won't hear from him again otherwise we'd have heard by now. We're on the brink. Totally spineless. We should never forget what he has done to this great club. A fan my arse.

I'm still not convinced that he's even lost that much of his own wealth either. If we get through this there should be a thorough enquiry to determine how much he actually 'lost' in all this. A few could be surprised. 

59 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

George Clooney Reaction GIF

@i-Ram

11 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

Just wondered if Mel Morris owns any Activision Blizzard shares?

AB took over King Games in 2016 for $5.9 billion. aka Candy Crush / Mel Morris. (£500mil)

Now I see Microsoft are paying $70 billion approx for Activision Blizzard !!

Mel may have just got some of his £200 mil back ?

Hope not.  He should suffer

11 hours ago, GboroRam said:

My sentiments entirely but you put it in a far more poetic manner than my anger would let me lol!

11 hours ago, GboroRam said:

We cheered because we thought he was clever taking advantage of loopholes, taking on the establishment. It wasn’t so long ago he was trying to get ALL other clubs more tv money, that’s the sort of stuff we thought we were backing. There’s a huge difference between that and people thinking we were backing cheating, and unpaid bills, we certainly wouldn’t back the true MM that’s shown himself. 

Edited by YouRams

11 hours ago, YouRams said:

We cheered because we thought he was clever taking advantage of loopholes, taking on the establishment. It wasn’t so long ago he was trying to get ALL other clubs more tv money, that’s the sort of stuff we thought we were backing. There’s a huge difference between that and people thinking we were backing cheating, and unpaid bills, we certainly wouldn’t back the true MM that’s shown himself. 

Of course we knew what he was up to to some degree, we even sang it out loud. “Mel Morris he does what he wants!” And as we’ve found out, he certainly does. No scruples whatsoever.

I've never known any fanbase, anytime, anywhere, call for their owners to stop spending money on the squad. 

Stop beating yourselves up over this. It was up to the club's owner and senior executives to adhere to the rules and manage the club's finances. They failed Derby County, not the fans.