Has Mel Morris come into some money ??

gfs1ram

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

I've never known any fanbase, anytime, anywhere, call for their owners to stop spending money on the squad. 

Stop beating yourselves up over this. It was up to the club's owner and senior executives to adhere to the rules and manage the club's finances. They failed Derby County, not the fans. 

Plus he made out like it was all fine and said we wouldn't fail P&S. People assumed Mel was telling the truth. From a guy who sold himself as a fan of the club I can't see where actual fans did too much wrong.

Every fans forum the issue of FFP came up. Every time we were told (by Mel and or Pearce) that we were narrowly on the right side of the line. In lieu of the accounts not being there to be scrutinised I’m not sure what more anyone could do to call them out as BSing.

There were certain red flags yes, like “Why are we having to sell the stadium?!” But the EFL said that was ok so it just looked like a smart way of creating more breathing space on the P&L.

Again, this comes down to the EFL and it’s rules. It should not be possible to get away with this for years on end. If the processes and procedures were in place then it would never have gotten this far, or this bad.