Nottingham Forest Match-day Thread Saturday 22nd January 12.30

Anag Ram

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

So we're now at a stage where any slight on a person or persons hair colour is sean as derogatory.

But the original complainant freely posted the word GUMP/S at fellow fans in Nottingham

GUMP

: a foolish or dull-witted person

Is this allowed or was that seen as derogatory...asking for a friend.

That’s fine, you can call anyone a gump, not discriminatory…..

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

That’s fine, you can call anyone a gump, not discriminatory…..

Is that a fact, If so where did you hear/see this, There's people out there that have got M&S to call their Midget Gems...Gems now, It's what people perceive words to be in their minds

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

Is that a fact, If so where did you hear/see this, There's people out there that have got M&S to call their Midget Gems...Gems now, It's what people perceive words to be in their minds

You are not being discriminatory by calling someone a fool….you would be if you called them a Black Gump or Ginger Gump, pretty easy to  understand Alf ?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

You are not being discriminatory by calling someone a fool….you would be if you called them a Black Gump or Ginger Gump, pretty easy to  understand Alf ?

Oh yes very easy to understand, Don't get understanding and agreeing mixed up aye

1 hour ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

@ossieramwhy the angry face? I consider people attacking other people because of the colour of their hair in the same as as the colour of their skin - completely unacceptable!!

I sort of agree with you. School bullies and baiters are everywhere, like you I loath them. Yet, and this is a serious point, what can you use to insult and denigrate those you disapprove of / disagree with. ?  Have we reached a point when it’s behaviour or POV  only, no descriptions or add ons allowed just in case  ? .. OOOPS but then you can’t disapprove of their POV either because then you’ll be classed as one sort of “phobe” or another … Need to be very careful what we wish for or deem “unacceptable” it isn’t black and white. 

If being black, white, ginger, fat, beanpole are actual physical descriptions then really we should hope that we can reach the point that they are all ok to use … I get that they aren’t and I deplore the racist loading in the comments of past history (I hated them then and still do ) but there is a huge discussion to be had about what, when, where, who, context, intent. 

I really fear for future generations who are gagging themselves without thinking in a huge rush to fix something with an intolerance that will swallow itself. 

I am a vocal short arse .. someone calls me that in an argument .. fair does as far as I am concerned. 

17 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

So we're now at a stage where any slight on a person or persons hair colour is sean as derogatory.

But the original complainant freely posted the word GUMP/S at fellow fans in Nottingham

GUMP

: a foolish or dull-witted person

Is this allowed or was that seen as derogatory...asking for a friend.

Being bullied because of your ancestral heritage is not acceptable.  The people that do it now are the same people that did it in the 70’s with skin colour.  The two are the same to me.  Some just hide behind the zeitgeist.

Edited by Ruud Aralliss

1 hour ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

@ossieramwhy the angry face? I consider people attacking other people because of the colour of their hair in the same as as the colour of their skin - completely unacceptable!!

Grow up.  There isn't a person alive that has never either took the mick or made a nasty remark about someone else.

15 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Lot of bullying went on at my school.  Mainly skin tone.  I see it still goes in now skin tone bullying is frowned upon.  It now moves to other characteristics!!!!

Rudd, I am genuinely sorry to read this, particularly your experiences as a child, and I have no time for exponents of bullying or race crimes. I haven’t flicked back to see what started this all off, but it must relate to that knobber Colback, who I think on a football website expects quite a bit of stick from rival supporters, especially as he gives it out on the field of play. I really don’t think, but I know in this day and age I might be considered wrong, that anyone calling him a ginger knobber on this thread should be compared to a racist or a bully, but I do accept and understand it clearly is a personally sensitive issue for you. I am also unhappy it has upset you.

1 minute ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Being bullied because of your ancestral heritage is not acceptable.  The people that do it now are the same people that did it in the 70’s with skin colour.  The two are the same to me.  Just some hide behind the zeitgeist.

I lost my hair around the age of 18, I was ridiculed at school in the early 70s, It wasn't nice, We never had too many people of colour at my school so race then wasn't an issue, But someones looks were seen as fare game, My Mother was Austrian, She knew what kristallnacht was, She was also in Vienna when the Russian Mongols came in 1944/45, Different races but the same colour, But treated differently not because of skin colour but nationality, Life can be shyte

And funnily enough as I grew older and bigger those who bullied me at school got bullied later in life...aint karma great

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Rudd, I am genuinely sorry to read this, particularly your experiences as a child, and I have no time for exponents of bullying or race crimes. I haven’t flicked back to see what started this all off, but it must relate to that knobber Colback, who I think on a football website expects quite a bit of stick from rival supporters, especially as he gives it out on the field of play. I really don’t think, but I know in this day and age I might be considered wrong, that anyone calling him a ginger knobber on this thread should be compared to a racist or a bully, but I do accept and understand it clearly is a personally sensitive issue for you. I am also unhappy it has upset you.

Would you been ok if he had a darker skin tone or had an Asian look and posters called him names because of this?
I’m done 

8 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Would you been ok if he had a darker skin tone or had an Asian look and posters called him names because of this?
I’m done 

Well no, but as someone pointed out earlier, you seem to have some double standards. You were happy today to call Forest’s manager as being ugly, but not happy for some one to say Colback is ginger. You really can’t have it both ways.