Coventry City (A) FA Cup 3rd Round Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

40 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Just an observation concerning "our" fans not arsed being knocked out of the FA Cup, It would seem that a lot of fans today can't be arsed about their club being knocked out of the FA Cup...7304 at Bristol City, Sky Sports taking the mick out of WBA as Jeff can't see their fans.

Has the Cup lost it's sparkle? It lost it 10+ years ago imo when United got a bye in the 3rd round when playing the World Championship Final, No replays, Penalties after extra time because of fears that a fixture backlog due to Covid, It's becoming an inconvenience for many.

When he was constantly on the telly regarding the break away league, I did mention that Gary Neville was the founding father of such nonsense, agreeing to participate in a new event on the other side of the world for money in 2001.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

33 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Just an observation concerning "our" fans not arsed being knocked out of the FA Cup, It would seem that a lot of fans today can't be arsed about their club being knocked out of the FA Cup...7304 at Bristol City, Sky Sports taking the mick out of WBA as Jeff can't see their fans.

Has the Cup lost it's sparkle? It lost it 10+ years ago imo when United got a bye in the 3rd round when playing the World Championship Final, No replays, Penalties after extra time because of fears that a fixture backlog due to Covid, It's becoming an inconvenience for many.

That’s true. And seemingly money is way more important that prestige. Around the mid 90s, winning the Fa cup was still seen pretty much as par with the Prem but not these days. Personally, I would take a cup win over promotion every single time. To see DCFC  win a cup would be unreal. Realistically that will never happen. 

49 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

That was 20 years ago Alf...... 

I think it lost its way in the period where there was no European place for the winners. 

At that point, the so called "big clubs" started fielding second strings, the TV deals were a relative pittance and there wasn't a Wembley day out for 7 or 8 years. 

It's very unlikely to recover its former glory imo..... Sadly. 

Just got back from the game and heard Rooney was happy with the performance. Don’t know who he is trying to kid. He is right to say we have to be more clinical. If you only create a couple of chances per game you can’t afford miss many. It looks like CKR no longer has the legs to play 70 mins . However we have been on a great run and I’m sure we will get back on track shortly.

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Just got back from the game and heard Rooney was happy with the performance. Don’t know who he is trying to kid. He is right to say we have to be more clinical. If you only create a couple of chances per game you can’t afford miss many. It looks like CKR no longer has the legs to play 70 mins . However we have been on a great run and I’m sure we will get back on track shortly.

True. I think we still lack a decent striker. I doubt we will get one in January.

Just got back, poor performance really, kept the ball ok but not able to do anything meaningful with it, lots of backwards and sideways. No threat up top. Thommo played well,  Festy was a threat first half, but Morrison and Kaz showed why they are best off the bench. 

Not much between the teams, I thought Cov actually played better with the ball than we did. 

The players looked really tired at times, begging the question why a full strength team was put out and why, when five subs were allowed, none were made until the 75th minute. 

Away end was busy but there was absolutely no atmosphere. Crap turnout by Coventry fans. 

40 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

When he was constantly on the telly regarding the break away league, I did mention that Gary Neville was the founding father of such nonsense, agreeing to participate in a new event on the other side of the world for money in 2001.

Coffee Wow GIF by Starbucks