The Administration Thread

Boycie

29 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Interesting article. I see your point regarding Stephenson Harwood in the first para, but really there is no need to be too harsh on Nixon. He is writing for Sun readers after all.

I must be in a club of one in thinking that we do go after both the EFL and Reading if there is anything in the legal guidance that the EFL were given by Stephenson Harwood, that has been not used equitably in the EFL v Reading decision (compared to the EFL v Derby decision). Well I say club of one, I bet Mike Ashley is with me.

The most important thing is that the EFL apply their rules fairly for the benefit of all their members. That is what they keep telling us. If they haven’t why not bring them to account, dragging in Reading too. We would be helping all the other 68 league clubs after all, who have been totally silent whilst Boro and Wycombe pick at our bones.

On the Nixon thing, apart from getting things consistently wrong, he also often gets his info from EFL (these two facts are not entirely unconnected).. So maybe you are right the "ruling" is actually  legal advice that was given to EFL, to help them swerve any responsibility for the Wycombe situation... along the lines of its not EFL's fault if penalty isn't applied properly , blame DCFC they are the ones that broke the rules.      

Way i see a members club is we are all in it together. Going after Reading isn't really for us to do, it is all a football family. What Gibson did to us was absolutely unforgivable especially given how stricken we are as it is, and two wrongs don't make a right.

In short, duck the EFL.

Given how critical Nixon has been of the EFL's role in all of this, I think the article is his way of letting them know what a can of worms they have opened up by not intervening to stop this sort of stuff going on.

Plus we know our administration team are equally frustrated with them  so easy to see where the article has come from.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Given how critical Nixon has been of the EFL's role in all of this, I think the article is his way of letting them know what a can of worms they have opened up by not intervening to stop this sort of stuff going on.

Plus we know our administration team are equally frustrated with them  so easy to see where the article has come from.

Oh I had always thought Nixon gets his info from EFL. Or made it up. Where did his story about Ashley pulling out come from?

Would the admin team know about legal advice from Stephenson Harwood if that is advice given to the EFL? Maybe they do, but legal advice given to another party isn't usually disclosed.   

48 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think Reading have to re submit accounts on March 1st or/and face a the suspended 6 points activated if they are not what was required - I know they moved on the very expensive Moore to Stoke and lost a goalkeeper and Pukas but they did bring in Ince who isn’t cheap from Stoke ( who has helped them get 2 goals so far) - their attendances can’t have helped financially so it will get very interesting regarding their finances and how the lovely EFL choose to look into them ?

Not heard that 1st March date before.

Any chatter on their forums from their equivalent of @Ghost of Clough knowledgables on how close they are?

4 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Any chatter on their forums from their equivalent of @Ghost of Clough knowledgables on how close they are?

1st March is the standard deadline for all clubs to submit confirmed figures for all seasons up to the season just gone (20/21 in this case), and provisional figures for the current season.

Given their 6 point penalty was for the 4Y to 2021 (resetting all of those excessive years of spend), and they'll currently be under an EFL business plan, I'll be surprised if they do fail.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If there is any truth in the Nixon article it’s probably just to highlight what a shitshow the EFL have allowed to happen through their complete absence of leadership 

I'll wager come the end of season clubs who miss out on promotion and clubs who are relegated will be having their legal teams look into anything that can help their cause for what they think is right

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If its true Middlesbrough fall foul of P&S rules this season, if we then get relegated by a couple of points, could we claim against them for daring to beat us when they had overspent?

They didn’t beat us they cheated. 

Crooks had to go. 

We lost Stearman and Morrison for far less. 

Anyhow Boro are an awful Football club 

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If its true Middlesbrough fall foul of P&S rules this season, if we then get relegated by a couple of points, could we claim against them for daring to beat us when they had overspent?

I've seen someone give this the laughing emoji but it's a very fair point. 

EFL have set a very dangerous precedent now. 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I was laughing at the thought of Gibson getting his come-uppance. Not sure it would be worth us getting relegated for though, not that I think we will avoid it sadly.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Or by opening up the possibility of claims they are placing a wage cap by other means. Chairman will be too scared of law suits to break overspending as it could force them into financial difficulties.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I was laughing at the thought of Gibson getting his come-uppance. Not sure it would be worth us getting relegated for though, not that I think we will avoid it sadly.

If that's your idea of Gibson getting his comeuppance than I have a far more twisted mind then yourself am afraid. 

57 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I think all clubs have to by that date - so that they can be punished if’s falling foul before the season ends - I can’t see the EFL looking at them  very hard either unless it’s the likes of us

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I doubt it because I think we will soon see the EFL change the margins on P&S for next season to account for Covid and Boro will escape all the crap that has come our way. Watch this space.

1 minute ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I doubt it because I think we will soon see the EFL change the margins on P&S for next season to account for Covid and Boro will escape all the crap that has come our way. Watch this space.

Shame they didn't change the rules for penalty points going into admin. Why should we get same 12 points as  Wigan or other teams going into admin who were unaffected by the COVID lockdown?   

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well isn't that exactly the basis of their daft claim from 2018 to 2019?

We overspent so that must be the reason we scored a point more than them. So they've overspent - must be the reason they've scored xxx points more than dcfc.... ?

4 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

ALthough I think there is some truth in it , of course it is the sun and alan Nixon so garbled as usual. A "ruling" by law firm Stephenson Harwood? what is he talking about? They aren't Judges are they how can they make a ruling?

DCFC should go after EFL, just as Boro or Wycombe should have done.

I agree we shouldn't go after Reading. We have been unfairly treated compared to them on embargoes i have said as much. But that isn't Reading's fault.     

I think part of the point is that is our argument for the Wycombe claim. It isn’t really our fault the EFL gave us a deadline after the season had started.