The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

If the "Accord" involved money and it is confidential, how will Boro hide that in (next?) years accounts; and will it count to FFP?

My suspicion is that an accord is a legal way forward outside the club sale bit .  I've been certain from day one that he's done this for FFP purposes.  The EFL will allow them to include any payment in 18/19 21/22 as suits which is why they were so keen for it be a football debt.

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My suspicion is that an accord is a legal way forward outside the club sale bit .  I've been certain from day one that he's done this for FFP purposes.  The EFL will allow them to include any payment in 18/19 21/22 as suits which is why they were so keen for it be a football debt.

It can’t be done for FFP if potentially MM has handed any actual money towards Gibson - because MM has nothing to do with football apart from owning a football stadium.

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Ashley if he wants it.

I'm still a little unconvinced as to how much Ashley really wants DCFC. But if he does want it, he's got the finances to out muscle the Appleby and Binnie bids, no doubt.

- i don't doubt that

a) he wants another football club (y'know, rich people stuff) and

b) there's a fair bit of gamesmanship from him and

c) it's a deal that involves absolutly screwing an insolvant company's creditors which is Mike Ashley's version of a jazz mag.

but that's weighed against

Still large possibility of L1 football when he previously had a permier league club.

If it's just business, is it business worth doing - probably not with his Sprots direct head on, but if it's the football club owner ego thing, is it worth taking on when he could probably take on a better placed championship club for probably not much more and he's rich enough to be shopping for top champ/low prem clubs.