The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

There was apparently a solicitor on RD last night who confirmed MM’s whacky scheme would get thrown out.  

Someone on here suggested something different : that Gibbo sue the club in the HIgh Court and MM should bear the cost. This is perfectly doable and equivalent to MM giving the club an indemnity. It might need EFl consent tho’

Yep, this latter suggestion is the "pragmatic solution" all sides should be pushing for. If Boro, WW or EFL say no, they need to be pushed very hard indeed on why: they get everything they claim to want, and Derby gets a fair chance of finding a buyer (which Boro, WW and EFL claim to want too, let's not forget!). If Morris says "no, no, I didn't mean that" then he too needs to be called out: his offer was essentially worthless.

Basically having a proposal like this is very clarifying: do all these different parties really mean what they say?

21 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think a more important question for @RamsfanJim is why those points are missing, especially the one about the EFL ruling our going to high court has been omitted from the website version. This feels to me like a very important amendment. 

If there are two versions circulating I think we need to know why. Is one inaccurate?

I think it's about giving the most important information, rather than trying to hide it. There aren't any inaccuracies, just other questions that have been omitted. 

18 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I just wish Admin would be more proactive. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thrilled with Q, but I don't know what more they can do at this point. They (claim, okay) to have a draft agreement with HMRC, an exit document ready which should not result in a -15, and the accounts should be with the EFL in a couple of days.

Until EFL/WW/MFC deal with Mel's offer, they're stuck.

4 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

The reason Boro will not even go to arbitration, never mind the High Court, is that an LAP produces a report of its conclusions that goes into the public domain. The report is likely to be very damning of the Boro case and will raise questions about their motives and delays. This will be hard for the great Ego to take, looking like the "bad guy"

He will eventually, after maximum damage to the admins and DCFC, drop the claim and say he didn't want to see a founder member of the Football League go to the wall........

In the meantime we are powerless and so are the Admins......The EFL however, could do something if they grow a pair.

Yep! 

What a Bamford

4 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

The reason Boro will not even go to arbitration, never mind the High Court, is that an LAP produces a report of its conclusions that goes into the public domain. The report is likely to be very damning of the Boro case and will raise questions about their motives and delays. This will be hard for the great Ego to take, looking like the "bad guy"

He will eventually, after maximum damage to the admins and DCFC, drop the claim and say he didn't want to see a founder member of the Football League go to the wall........

In the meantime we are powerless and so are the Admins......The EFL however, could do something if they grow a pair.

Boro won't go to court as they know 100% they don't stand a chance.

They are either completely deluded or downright parasites.

I think the truth is somewhere in between

So, in effect we (Derby in administration) are powerless to speed up the sale of the club. We are completely tied up in a thousand knots. Unfortunately then I think the only way forward is for the administrators to cut through the crap, say enough is enough and threaten liquidation by publishing a forward date to do so. If that doesn't force the issue nothing will and if DCFC do go under the EFL & the parasites will have to deal with the almighty row and stink that will surely be levelled at them.

All we can do as fans is what we have been doing, support the team on the pitch (not bothered which entity owns them) whether that be in the championship, league 1, league 2 or versus the Dog & Duck pub side.

No way should we pay the parasites a single penny. Ive had enough I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So, in effect we (Derby in administration) are powerless to speed up the sale of the club. We are completely tied up in a thousand knots. Unfortunately then I think the only way forward is for the administrators to cut through the crap, say enough is enough and threaten liquidation by publishing a forward date to do so. If that doesn't force the issue nothing will and if DCFC do go under the EFL & the parasites will have to deal with the almighty row and stink that will surely be levelled at them.

All we can do as fans is what we have been doing, support the team on the pitch (not bothered which entity owns them) whether that be in the championship, league 1, league 2 or versus the Dog & Duck pub side.

Agreed mate.......and i hope there is an investigation and the whole truth and state of affaires aired on TV

1 minute ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Where does it state that clubs can't go against each other? Has @Davethrown this at Parry?

There's evidence of it on here somewhere, but I don't keep a log of these things. He has, and received no response as yet.

The problem with your 'go for the jugular' idea is that Quantuma are bound by law and can't spend money we don't have to 'attack' others, or really even to fight back.

Essentially despite doing everything by the book, they've been put in a position whereby they're the ones wearing Hannibal Lecter's getup, and somehow Hannibal himself is allowed to walk free, taking bites out of us, encouraged by the jail wardens.

Hannibal-Lecter-Straitjacket-Version-Six

Some interesting extra bullet points in the 'unofficial minutes'. Clearly Q are very supportive of Stephen Pearce, and of his work pre- and post-administration. Time perhaps to give that guy some slack, particularly on the terraces?

I thought the final sentence, and in particular the last 5 words, were quite enlightening too:

Quantuma remains cautiously optimistic, not understating the hurdles that have arisen, but prospective purchasers are still there and now Mel is helping.

1 hour ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Normaly an  indemnity is a relatively simple undertaking usually made in a contract, to pay money or hold a company\person free from the happening of a specified event or claim. If proof of funds were to be required, I doubt it would, it would be a simple matter of Mel placing a sum of money into escrow. 

Exactly happens in most transactions. I think Mel doing this is only way to move forward

Just now, i-Ram said:

Some interesting extra bullet points in the 'unofficial minutes'. Clearly Q are very supportive of Stephen Pearce, and of his work pre- and post-administration. Time perhaps to give that guy some slack, particularly on the terraces?

Nah. 

Don't go soft, George! She said

14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So, in effect we (Derby in administration) are powerless to speed up the sale of the club. We are completely tied up in a thousand knots.

I don't think it is a thousand knots, though, just one or possibly two big ones.

The main one is these claims - it simply isn't acceptable for the EFL to say "Ah well the earliest we can hear them is the end of May, by which time you'll be out of business, but that's just the process!"

Whether it's the Morris solution, or some other form of expedited hearing, these claims need to be dealt with in a court or hearing as soon as possible. The EFL should be doing everything in its power to achieve that, not limply sitting on the fence and finding problems rather than solutions, and therefore aiding and abetting the destruction of one club to suit the agenda of another.

This is basically the story of the Gordian knot, but instead of Alexander the Great we have Rick Parry going "Well the thing you have to understand about knots is they are very complicated and what we really need to do is just sit here staring at it for a while and hope it untangles itself."

Edited by vonwright

14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No don’t threaten Liquidation we are nowhere near that point .

We need to stay supportive and calm .

4 minutes ago, vonwright said:

This is basically the story of the Gordian knot, but instead of Alexander the Great we have Rick Parry going "Well the thing you have to understand about knots is they are very complicated and what we really need to do is just sit here staring at it for a while and hope it untangles itself."

...and then when they think you're not looking they pull the knot tighter.

13 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

What I don't get is that if legals have concluded that they dont stand a chance, why don't the PB's just crack on?

Surely risk is absolutely minimal

Many reasons I think. Boro has no legal right to pursue any claim whilst we are in admin. Cost of defending them will be high. And however small the risk of losing , if we did it would be catastrophic for us , and football as a whole. We could very well be liquidated and football would be wrecked too with a string of lawsuits all over the place.

So the better option is to settle out of court without setting any legal precedent, or making them go away. If the claims are compressed first there is more chance of getting a realistic settlement. But EFL don't like that. They say if we do that we will expel you from the league. Which I think is a deplorable way of trying to undermine insolvency law.