The Administration Thread

Boycie

To me that article in the Sun is more informative than anything we have been given and it seems that the HMRC agreed a settlement amount then they have been alerted to the Middlesbrough and Wycombe parasite claims and the EFL suggesting that they may be football creditors so the HMRC have turned around and said ‘now wait a minute’ we are not doing a deal if they get what they want.

one almighty mess 

Who is acting in the interest of DCFC in these meetings?

We know that the admins are legally bound to act for creditors

We know the EFL act on behalf of all the other Clubs

The prospective buyers act to get the best deal for themselves

NO ONE ACTS FOR THE CLUB OR SUPPORTERS IN THESE BEHIND DOORS MEETINGS.

37 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Appleby - The money man wants the MFC/WWFC issues resolved before committing
Binnies - Offer doesn't include stadium OR dealing with MFC/WWFC claims
Ashley - Mel and admins have to take less than they want

HMRC don't know how much they'll get without knowing what the two parasite clubs will get (if they're football creditors or not)

Only just got round to reading Nixon's article. I think the most interesting bit, if you can believe the reluctant one, is his comment:

HMRC and government are now asking the EFL about the dispute and how it affects the amount paid to the tax man. Under the original admin plan HMRC would get 25 per cent of their cash, around £7 million.

This is positive news. It should mean that Quantuma have at last some useful additional leverage, as it seems to date the EFL have been simply saying we aint budging, and our rules have to be followed in respect of the Boro/Wyco claims. I would hope the Government and their Tax Collecting Authority will be more than gently reminding them too that the EFL are not superior to the laws of the land, and that they must comply fully with the relevant legal statute.

32 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Isn't their fee the same no matter the outcome or time taken? They have no incentive to draw this out as far as i'm aware.

Admins get paid for the hours worked - the longer it drags on, the more they get.
Wigan's total fees were just under £2.3m (4629.1 hours), whereas it was estimated total costs would end up being about £5m for us.

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

Who is acting in the interest of DCFC in these meetings?

We know that the admins are legally bound to act for creditors

We know the EFL act on behalf of all the other Clubs

The prospective buyers act to get the best deal for themselves

NO ONE ACTS FOR THE CLUB OR SUPPORTERS IN THESE BEHIND DOORS MEETINGS.

You missed out Morris, but I doubt he is fighting for us.

If you have paid your £2, you have RamsTrust fighting your corner. If you have an email capability you can try and get people of pwoer to fight for you (MP's, Celebrities or Media). Unfortunately, that is about it. Pretty bleak when you think about it.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Only just got round to reading Nixon's article. I think the most interesting bit, if you can believe the reluctant one, is his comment:

HMRC and government are now asking the EFL about the dispute and how it affects the amount paid to the tax man. Under the original admin plan HMRC would get 25 per cent of their cash, around £7 million.

This is positive news. It should mean that Quantuma have at last some useful additional leverage, as it seems to date the EFL have been simply saying we aint budging, and our rules have to be followed in respect of the Boro/Wyco claims. I would hope the Government and their Tax Collecting Authority will be more than gently reminding them too that the EFL are not superior to the laws of the land, and that they must comply fully with the relevant legal statute.

This point was made by one of the MPs in the Parliamentary debate last week. I don't think it was lost on the Government ministers.  

So Nixon is saying that the admins were meant to be announcing a preferred bidder to the EFL on Tuesday, which aligns with the whole significant progress news at the start of the week and the meeting being delayed until Tuesday

So, WHY didnt the preferred bidder get named? That is three times that a preferred bidder has appeared clsoe but not happened. Just before Xmas with the 'imminent' talk, then a couple of weeks back when Rooney came out really confident on a Thurs only to be embargoed on the Friday and now this Tuesday.

Edited by DCFC1388

The big question that I want answering is do the EFL now know the basis of the parasites claims or are they still hiding behind the their bullshoot notion that they don't know this? 

Parry and  his spineless band of cretins are the major reason this process is dragging out and threatening our very existence.  

Edited by Steve How Hard?
Missed a word out

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

To me that article in the Sun is more informative than anything we have been given and it seems that the HMRC agreed a settlement amount then they have been alerted to the Middlesbrough and Wycombe parasite claims and the EFL suggesting that they may be football creditors so the HMRC have turned around and said ‘now wait a minute’ we are not doing a deal if they get what they want.

one almighty mess 

But it was inevitable. And frankly disingenuous of Parry to say the Boro and Wycombe  claims might not be the biggest issue. Of course they are if it messes up any deal with HMRC. 

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Maybe needs someone high up at HMRC having a quiet word with the gibbon along the lines of, now you wouldn’t want us to be going through all your businesses with a fine tooth comb would you.

Just now, angieram said:

I don't know, I only heard about it on the radio.

Maybe it's something to email the city council about to see if you can get in? Given that Mel appears to be one blockage to the deal, surely it'd be useful to have a representative of the supporters at the meeting?