The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So, is today the day a preferred bidder is named?

• @Bald Eagle's Barmy Armyis using not so cryptic messages to say it could be Appleby
  • A 2 hour BBC Radio Derby Sport special tonight
  • Ed Dawes doing a countdown to the above, saying not in 24 or 48 hours - referencing previous deadlines?
  • Punjabi Rams saying they're going to be on it and it will be a good one
  • Punjabi Rams also saying a 'new face incoming ???
  • Martin Repton's message as well - not sure how reliable he is

All of this leads me to believe that, no, it's not the day a preferred bidder is announced and the process of exiting administration moves forward.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Can anyone give me the lowdown on Michael Knighton please, apart from playing Batman I can't find anything.

Is he worth a Bob or two?

Put a £20m bid in to takeover at Man U in the early 90’s. No idea on his net worth today

Edited by twelveincher

28 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So, is today the day a preferred bidder is named?

• @Bald Eagle's Barmy Armyis using not so cryptic messages to say it could be Appleby
  • A 2 hour BBC Radio Derby Sport special tonight
  • Ed Dawes doing a countdown to the above, saying not in 24 or 48 hours - referencing previous deadlines?
  • Punjabi Rams saying they're going to be on it and it will be a good one
  • Punjabi Rams also saying a 'new face incoming ???
  • Martin Repton's message as well - not sure how reliable he is

I missed another one - DCFC twitter account tweeting about future generations of rams fans to come. Would they really put this a week from possible liquidation if nothing is happening?

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

I missed another one - DCFC twitter account tweeting about future generations of rams fans to come. Would they really put this a week from possible liquidation if nothing is happening?

I’d love to get optimistic. Just feel like there’d have been a leak by now if so many people knew there was good news to be announced imminently 

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Can anyone give me the lowdown on Michael Knighton please, apart from playing Batman I can't find anything.

No idea on his wealth, just very conveniently on Radio Derby yesterday being a bit coy (not that he hinted at anything, just he was there and being ‘everything will be ok’), plus a couple of tweets about Derby’s current situation.

I’ve plumped it all on a guess basically, but he appears a bit of a dramatist which makes me think he’s reminded a few people who is before the big reveal.

It’s only really me going for Knighton and I wouldn’t put too much behind my working out!

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Local Lad made good in the excesses of the eighties (Loscoe Lad). 

Very nearly got control of Man Utd in 1988, ended up owning Carlisle United also sacked the manager at one point and put himself in the job.

Tidy footballer in his younger days hence the quips about ball juggling.

I do believe he is a Derby half fan. 

No idea of his current worth although definitely not enough to keep the wolf from the door on his own, so if he is involved (unlikely) it will be part of a consortium.

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He's not very popular in Carlisle. He once thought that the managers he kept hiring all did such a bad job that he decided to take over as manager himself. Carlisle got relegated. 

The bits I've read about him remind me of an English Fawaz.