The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

On the OTIB forum they're saying that the EFL have allowed clubs to include losses for the collapse of the transfer market due to Covid. If that's the case, they've basically let all the clubs in the Championship who've broken FFP during 2020-2022 off the hook. 

What a surprise. 

This clearly runs against the evidence of prof Pope whose evidence that there isn't a a viable resale market therefore the only valid amortorization is straight line dammed us. Anyone up for a whip round to fund legal action against the EFL not not following their rules?

On 01/07/2022 at 23:03, ramit said:

Lets never close this thread, it has taken so much out of us all and finally that we are rewarded with an eleventh hour rescue i want to bask in it forever and ever

A random post quoted above. If unhappy at the flux recently just look back at certain periods of this thread - euphoria of first couple of days of July (yes it was that late) and total despair when the yank pulled out. 
Cannot believe how fans seem to be forgetting. 

Had to suffer an anti-money laundering course at work this week. Sports-washing was discussed as a current risk area. We were ripe for it generally. We are so so so lucky to be discussing Paul Warne as manager 

What appears to be happening is that a lot of EFL clubs are Being let off FFP penalties because Covid affected their finances yet when we said that they all claimed it was tough - hypercritical or what? 
It appears if we had pushed the appeal against the minus 12 points for administration  due to covid we would have won based on what’s happening currently so if any fan from another club wants to explain how that’s not the case please do.

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

A random post quoted above. If unhappy at the flux recently just look back at certain periods of this thread - euphoria of first couple of days of July (yes it was that late) and total despair when the yank pulled out. 
Cannot believe how fans seem to be forgetting. 

Had to suffer an anti-money laundering course at work this week. Sports-washing was discussed as a current risk area. We were ripe for it generally. We are so so so lucky to be discussing Paul Warne as manager 

We aren't allowed to be critical of players, manager or even owner decisions? If not, how long are we supposed to wait before we can?

In my opinion, no one should be beyond criticism. In the current situation, that includes the manager who isn't getting as much out of these players as the previous manager and has made several odd comments regarding the players, and the owner who chose to appoint a manager who wants to implement a style not suited to the squad, a decision which will seriously impact other elements of the club which have been a major plus in recent years (academy and fan unity).

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We aren't allowed to be critical of players, manager or even owner decisions? If not, how long are we supposed to wait before we can?

In my opinion, no one should be beyond criticism. In the current situation, that includes the manager who isn't getting as much out of these players as the previous manager and has made several odd comments regarding the players, and the owner who chose to appoint a manager who wants to implement a style not suited to the squad, a decision which will seriously impact other elements of the club which have been a major plus in recent years (academy and fan unity).

All very valid points IMO and if you think about the ethos of the club it was all about the academy bringing players through and a certain style of Football.  ( The Derby Way )so I assume you are suggesting 4years of Paul Warne will have a negative impact on future policy in that respect.

Hopefully it will be the opposite 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

All very valid points IMO and if you think about the ethos of the club it was all about the academy bringing players through and a certain style of Football.  ( The Derby Way )so I assume you are suggesting 4years of Paul Warne will have a negative impact on future policy in that respect.

Hopefully it will be the opposite 

The thing with the academy is, there's something like a 5-10 year lag on actually seeing real results.  You want to be picking up 10-12 year olds (no sniggering at the back...) and developing them so they break through as 18-20 year olds.  Obviously with a bit of recruiting older players to fill gaps, or when we spot a genuine talent etc.

If you look at what the academy has been producing lately, it's mostly been fullbacks (Lowe, Bogle, Buchanan), wingers (Festy, Ebiowei) and small technical midfielders (Bird, Thompson,  Robinson).  None of those types of players really fit into Warne's preferred high-intensity 352 system.  So we either carry on with the academy as it is, and accept that there's no real path into the first team (which hampers recruitment of young players), or re-tool the academy in the hope that we're still playing that system in 5 years time and haven't switched back to a possession-heavy 433 or something.

if you *really* want your academy to work, you have to have a rough style of play in mind for the entire club, and recruit players for it (senior and academy), recruit managers that play it and so on.  if you chop and change every 5 minutes, you may as well not bother having an academy.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

The thing with the academy is, there's something like a 5-10 year lag on actually seeing real results.  You want to be picking up 10-12 year olds (no sniggering at the back...) and developing them so they break through as 18-20 year olds.  Obviously with a bit of recruiting older players to fill gaps, or when we spot a genuine talent etc.

If you look at what the academy has been producing lately, it's mostly been fullbacks (Lowe, Bogle, Buchanan), wingers (Festy, Ebiowei) and small technical midfielders (Bird, Thompson,  Robinson).  None of those types of players really fit into Warne's preferred high-intensity 352 system.  So we either carry on with the academy as it is, and accept that there's no real path into the first team (which hampers recruitment of young players), or re-tool the academy in the hope that we're still playing that system in 5 years time and haven't switched back to a possession-heavy 433 or something.

if you *really* want your academy to work, you have to have a rough style of play in mind for the entire club, and recruit players for it (senior and academy), recruit managers that play it and so on.  if you chop and change every 5 minutes, you may as well not bother having an academy.

In some ways we are probably being slightly unfair on Paul because to be honest we have no idea what his ethos is regarding the academy and bringing players through.  He has been complimentary to Bird and Thompson and several young players.

Time will tell what happens from now on regarding this and it’s early days 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

In some ways we are probably being slightly unfair on Paul because to be honest we have no idea what his ethos is regarding the academy and bringing players through.  He has been complimentary to Bird and Thompson and several young players.

Time will tell what happens from now on regarding this and it’s early days 

It's not really about his ethos on bringing through players though. I genuinely have no idea on how well he did that at Rotherham, or whether it was even a priority there.

It's about the type of players that are coming through.  All those players I've named, you can instantly see where they fit into Rosenior's system - they just need to step up and do the same things there were doing for the youth teams at senior level.  They're going to have to either completely change their style of play, or learn a new position, to fit into Warne's system. So it's a much bigger ask.

8 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's not really about his ethos on bringing through players though. I genuinely have no idea on how well he did that at Rotherham, or whether it was even a priority there.

It's about the type of players that are coming through.  All those players I've named, you can instantly see where they fit into Rosenior's system - they just need to step up and do the same things there were doing for the youth teams at senior level.  They're going to have to either completely change their style of play, or learn a new position, to fit into Warne's system. So it's a much bigger ask.

I agree so I assume David Clowes factored this in . 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Of course we should criticise - its a forum.
But some posts over the last couple of weeks have gone way beyond that to seem very entitled as if we should have walked this division this year after where we were on 1 July. My opinion which I am allowed to have also

12 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

We knew there were still some payments for Bielik, and possibly others, that weren’t due yet. So that’s no real surprise.  The “still to be determined” parts are just screaming blackmail payments to the 2 parasite clubs though ?.

I'm also blocked by that guy with no idea who he is ?

1 minute ago, David said:

I’m struggling to see what else it could be though.  Couhig seemed fairly confident he’d got something from someone.  And the rules are reasonably clear about what counts as football debt, so it must be something a bit unusual to still be up for debate.

I might post up some screenshots over the weekend of all the Forest, Brizzle and other clubs fans who claimed that HMRC "don't do deals" when I knew that they most certainly would if it represented a much better result for the exchequer than the alternative. 

But I hope this information is also sobering for any fans who've forgotten just how lucky we are simply to have a club to support. 

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

We knew there were still some payments for Bielik, and possibly others, that weren’t due yet. So that’s no real surprise.  The “still to be determined” parts are just screaming blackmail payments to the 2 parasite clubs though ?.

Bielik, plus possibly Jozwiak, although the latter not a football creditor payment as he was bought from outside the UK. 

So Q's bill for travel expenses were £95k, compared to the initial estimate of £15.5K?

On the plus side, their accommodation bill was down from the estimated £50k to 43.2k.

I suspect this is down to Go Outdoors having one of their "WOW Deals" on tents, when they moved from Ascot Drive to Toys R Us!  Problem is, it looks like Q decided to camp somewhere nice and scenic.  Probably Outer Hebrides, or Southern France, rather than Shardlow!  Can't say I blame them, to be fair.