10 minutes ago, roboto said:

He's checking contracts
He's checking it twice
He's gonna by DCFC
At the right price

Daaaaaaaavid Clowes is comin' to town
Daaaaaaaavid Clowes is comin' to town
David Clowes is comin' to town

Good effort, but doesn't quite fit.  Needs a tweak... If I may be so bold...

He's checked the contract
He's now checked it twice
He's gonna buy Derby
For just the right price

etc, etc...

Once it's done, we can change it for the terraces...

He checked the contract
He then named his price
He bought Derby County
For just the right price
Daaaaaaaavid Clowes has come in, to town.

Daaaaaaaavid Clowes has come in to town
Daaaaaaaavid Clowes has come in to town
David Clowes has come in, to town

40 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Not sure I agree with you on that. For the first time in a decade, the club has the ability to set its outgoings budget to what it wants to be as there is very little forward obligations right now. 

The danger of doing that is that is it will limit the competitivity of the playing squad, which in turn, is likely to have the knock-on effect of reducing revenue. Dicey game to play.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yeah, but it wasn't just that though was it? There was all putting a roof on it, having it as a venue to host concerts and events during the football season and planning for redevelopment of the east stand to include restaurants and shops and so on...

And the previous much lower valuation was only what 5/6 years out of date?

Like I said, I believe there was some cleverness went into it, but clever enough to hold water.

Seriously, go and read the EFL written reasons again.  None of the roof/redevelopment etc stuff was factored in.  It was valued at ~£80m purely on the stadium as it existed right then.  And that was based on extrapolating from the costs to construct equivalent stadiums at that time.  The rise in costs is purely a function of rising construction costs.  Just compare the amounts spend (and the years they were built) building, e.g. 'Boro's stadium, to Cardiff's Stadium to Brighton's stadium and you'll see a very similar pattern to the value of our stadium.

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Seriously, go and read the EFL written reasons again.  None of the roof/redevelopment etc stuff was factored in.  It was valued at ~£80m purely on the stadium as it existed right then.  And that was based on extrapolating from the costs to construct equivalent stadiums at that time.  The rise in costs is purely a function of rising construction costs.  Just compare the amounts spend (and the years they were built) building, e.g. 'Boro's stadium, to Cardiff's Stadium to Brighton's stadium and you'll see a very similar pattern to the value of our stadium.

You're right.

I just still don't trust anything from the Mel and Stephen show to be "straightforward, on the level and 100% as advertised" for me it all has the Tony Blair "most people think I'm a pretty straight kinda guy" ring to it. (Yeah, Tony Blair actually said that... delusional)

21 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Re: the stadium, bear in mind that Clowes hasn't paid for the stadium, he's paid for the company that owns the stadium.

An important distinction when you'll have fans bleating on about 'but how is it worth £80m when he only paid £23m?'

A very good bit of business which I assume has saved a few £s

25 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Re: the stadium, bear in mind that Clowes hasn't paid for the stadium, he's paid for the company that owns the stadium.

An important distinction when you'll have fans bleating on about 'but how is it worth £80m when he only paid £23m?'

What does this actually mean mate 

I assume he paid MM not MSD 

Cheap bargain from Mel then !

Edited by Curtains
Added

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What does this actually mean mate 

Effectively, it means he's bought the stadium, but owns it via a company that he owns, rather than him owning it personally.

Basically protects him from being held personally liable for any debts on it, liabilities caused by etc and gives him some options for things which he could do Legally if he decides he doesn't want it at some point in the future - such as liquidating the company...

Edited by ClowePow

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

To pass time 

Bleedin ell, Just because the EFL brought someone in to value PP and used Morecambe's ground as it's double they think they are part of the Admin process.

PS anyone going to Morecambe on the 10th Sept...go visit the Chieftain Hotel pub...very good, Drank in their a few times, Just off the front, Across the road is where they sell the best pies in football...Potts Pies, Sold at Morecambe FC also Look Over There You See That GIF by McLaren 

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Talk sport saying Liam was doing player deals last night, sounds like a few ready to be announced 

I did wonder whether some new players have been training with the existing lads as I notice the usual ‘first day of training’ videos are conspicuously absent on Rams TV. 

When this goes through we should feel ourselves very very lucky, this has been building in football for years, and as everyone has been telling us, a big club has to go under before anything changes.
Thanks to Mr. Clowes it won’t be us, but there are probably 10 - 15 clubs who are in far more debt than their club is worth. The next one could be the one to go pop.