The Administration Thread

Boycie

14 minutes ago, Flying Fokker said:

The stadium is a lame duck until someone plays in it.  

Indeed. That is part of my point though. Clowes is not only the new owner of PP, he is (reportedly) the next owner after his paperwork goes through. So, if anyone wants to now buy the club, they need to beat the entire bid (like a standard team purchase negotiation), not the Frankenstein’s monster situation Derby had previous where different entities owned different parts of the club. 

Someone else just said it: The new owner of PP will be in the driver seat. And if that was MAs plan…he failed.  

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

It’s the way he carries on though. 

don’t think it’ll happen, but if he decides he wants the club, he’ll make an offer that gives unsecured creditors a better outcome than say DC’s offer. 

If DC tried to block him, I’d think Ashley would threaten to sue him. What for? Conspiring with q to act in breach of their statutory duties is one option. His lawyers would no doubt think of other spurious suits 

I think it's a long shot on Ashley's part. Even if his bid gave creditors a few more p/£, he'd have to have a plan for the club fulfilling its fixtures next season, and he doesn't own the stadium. Threatening DC with legal action won't save him money or give him an easy win. 

1 minute ago, Hanny said:

Indeed. That is part of my point though. Clowes is not only the new owner of PP, he is (reportedly) the next owner after his paperwork goes through. So, if anyone wants to now buy the club, they need to beat the entire bid (like a standard team purchase negotiation), not the Frankenstein’s monster situation Derby had previous where different entities owned different parts of the club. 

Someone else just said it: The new owner of PP will be in the driver seat. And if that was MAs plan…he failed.  

Unless MM was never going to sell to MA, perhaps he's biding his time and will make an offer for the whole lot off DC.

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think it's a long shot on Ashley's part. Even if his bid gave creditors a few more p/£, he'd have to have a plan for the club fulfilling its fixtures next season, and he doesn't own the stadium. Threatening DC with legal action won't save him money or give him an easy win. 

On what basis can MA threaten DC with legal action ?

25 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It seemed Clowes was originally buying Pride Park to help get the Kirchner bid over the line. When that bid fell apart, it looked a risk that the club would go under so DC has stepped all in to untangle the problems (that he'd been privy too seeing the deal negotiated with Kirchner) and take the club on. But I don't believe Clowes has the financial wherewithal to fund the club long term - as a fan he appears to have done us a massive service but surely the plan is to steer us through choppy waters before handing us on to someone who can take us forward?

To do that it may yet be possible for Clowes and Ashley to come to an accord. If Ashley wants us. And if Clowes can get the right commitments out of him, demonstrating he's learnt from some of the mistakes he made at Newcastle.

That’s a worry though, what if no one wants to buy the club off Clowes 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Unless MM was never going to sell to MA, perhaps he's biding his time and will make an offer for the whole lot off DC.

Could do. MA could indeed buy the lot of Clowes. It would be odd. Since I thought MA had a good relationship with MM (I could very well be wrong about that). 

The simplest answer is usually the correct one. 

A. A convoluted web of deceit and shadow games, between the ultra rich to get one over on the other. All while the team and its assets burn. 

B. Creditors were owed money.  MM wanted money. MA didn’t want to pay that money. Others less well off then MA crunched numbers to figure out how to deal with this mess. One person finally figured out how to do that. 

B is much more plausible. 

yes I’m being a bit over the top with the two scenarios-  but still; there are no conspiracies here, just people with money trying to buy an asset for the least amount they need to spend. that process usually takes time and some false starts. ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

We are going to be run on a low budget. It will still be higher than most league 1 clubs if we can get 20k through the door. Hopefully we can get out of the league and we may look a better acquisition. 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why does anyone have to buy the club off him, am I missing something ?

True. Admin still runs the club.  But they would have to buy Pride Park off of him. And now Clowes can set the price for that. 

6 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Could do. MA could indeed buy the lot of Clowes. It would be odd. Since I thought MA had a good relationship with MM (I could very well be wrong about that). 

A. A convoluted web of deceit and shadow games, between the ultra rich to get one over on the other. All while the team and its assets burn. 

B. Creditors were owed money.  MM wanted money. MA didn’t want to pay that money. Others less well off then MA crunched numbers to figure out how to deal with this mess. One person finally figured out how to do that. 

yes I’m being a bit over the top with the two scenarios-  but still; there are no conspiracies here, just people with money trying to buy an asset for the least amount they need to spend. that process usually takes time and some false starts. ?‍♂️

or "a bit of both"?

TBH I think it's likely far more B than A, and A probably forms part of B.

It's all rich people stuff though....

12 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

In that case we have to live completely within our means for the foreseeable future, which is very tough for any club outside the Premier League and makes success less likely. But we will have a club.

11 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Whilst Occam's Razor is a good go to, it's easy to believe in fairies when you consider the things the Club has been through under Morris' ownership.

So A or B or C - I wouldn't bet more than a fiver on any of them.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whilst Occam's Razor is a good go to, it's easy to believe in fairies when you consider the things the Club has been through under Morris' ownership.

So A or B or C - I wouldn't bet more than a fiver on any of them.

Well that is true!

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Who is they? Clowes is buying the club.

The proverbial ‘they’. I agree It’s a done deal, and Clowes is next owner.

I was just addressing some of the folks speculation on here that MA might be ‘shadow’ buying the club from Clowes. (Which I don’t believe). 

but If it were true…then Clowes gets to set the price of the stadium to whoever (MA or They) wants to complete the purchase of club and stadium.