The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

?

Quite possibly although, being a bit nosey, I took a look at the company accounts (2021) for the group Q are part of. By the time you get to about page 121, a large credit facility with HSBC is mentioned. You can’t get much more global than them.

The same HSBC that's been fined multi millions for facilitating money laundering?  

No wonder they're having a good long look at the money trail.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59689581

https://www.investopedia.com/stock-analysis/2013/investing-news-for-jan-29-hsbcs-money-laundering-scandal-hbc-scbff-ing-cs-rbs0129.aspx

Edited by Rev
Added links

3 minutes ago, alram said:

you are right. but that is the case for all parties.

but MA is a safe pair of hands, and if he does well out of DCFC it means the club has done well which means we all win. if he takes over i can guarentee 100% we will not be in this same situation in 24 months time. with kirchner you cannot guarentee that because of his unreliability.

ashley is no angel but he is our best option by a country mile. there are no money concerns with him and he will get us in a strong position financially, it's exactly what we are desperate for.

It’s reassuring that you are acting as a personal guarantor for MA, now I can go and enjoy my day.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Good morning folks. 

Quick Question:

why is MA seen here as a previously successful football club owner? 

My opinion is that he took an established PL team down with bad management appointments. Gave out novelty Contracts. Ruined Derby’s promotion push by unsettling McClaren, stunk up the PL by not buying decent players and then finally succeeded by selling them to a country. 

I’d say a successful owner is one that doesn’t send a club in to administration at the minute…but I do think he’s been hard done to by Newcastle fans.

He bought them in 2007, if you look at the table in 2008 and how many of those clubs are no longer Premier League (or at least suffered a relegation in that time) you’d get Villa, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Wigan, Sunderland, Bolton, Fulham, Reading, Birmingham and Derby (I think West Ham might have even been down in that time too?).

So 11/12 teams also have been relegated and I’d say only Villa and West Ham can say they’re better sides when he sold them.

We could easily be talking about Newcastle falling to League 1 rather than Sunderland/Portsmouth/Bolton as they were all just as good as Newcastle around that time.

It’s extremely difficult to compete in the Premier League unless you’re spending ridiculous money and even then it’s not guaranteed (look at Everton).

Not saying he’s my pick as I wouldn’t be happy with -15 points, but if he was to take over then I think I’d be optimistic in where we would be in 3-5 years time. If I’m honest, Kirchner scares me a lot as it’s just all so unknown and if you read Slync’s staff reviews of Kirchner on Glassdoor it’s concerning. Appleby is a good medium for me, tried and tested but (hopefully) without -15 points.

12 minutes ago, alram said:

I certainly hope Kirchners "funds" dont clear. he should not be in the running.

throughout this process he is not only shown he is incompetent but also a complete coward. his silence has really rubbed me up the wrong way, if you seriously intend to still own the club - he should be saying so. you think people will just forget if it gets over the line?

ashley is letting the press do his talking, ck is communicating to nobody and appears like a sulking teenager. not old enough, not wise enough, not wealthy enough. should be moved on, but he wont be because he offers the best deal for the creditor and thats Q job.

Yes but him tweeting rubbed other people up the wrong way.  So being fair he cant win can he? A "complete coward" or someone stepping back from the total abuse on twitter? Would not still be in the UK, assuming reports accurate, waiting and hoping for the transaction to complete if he was a "complete coward" - could quite easily have disappeared in his jet!! And contrary to your post the press do seem to now be doing some of his talking

2 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

It’s reassuring that you are acting as a personal guarantor for MA, now I can go and enjoy my day.

we all have our opinions and preferences. my preference is ashley, no consipracies involved.

i am tired of the dilly dallying of all parties. we need to be serious about the long term future of the club as liquidation could be weeks away. if mike ashley gets exclusivity we will not go into administration, he will end up putting the money up. somebody is going to lose out whatever happens, in the ashley scenario its not derby county.

53 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

This whole mess comes down to one thing, succinctly put by that great character actor, Strother Martin, in Cool Hand Luke. "What we have here, is a failure to communicate".

“ What we got here is failure to communicate” -being pedantic,I know ,but it’s the ansaphone message on my phone !

2 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I’d say a successful owner is one that doesn’t send a club in to administration at the minute…but I do think he’s been hard done to by Newcastle fans.

He bought them in 2007, if you look at the table in 2008 and how many of those clubs are no longer Premier League (or at least suffered a relegation in that time) you’d get Villa, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Wigan, Sunderland, Bolton, Fulham, Reading, Birmingham and Derby (I think West Ham might have even been down in that time too?).

So 11/12 teams also have been relegated and I’d say only Villa and West Ham can say they’re better sides when he sold them.

We could easily be talking about Newcastle falling to League 1 rather than Sunderland/Portsmouth/Bolton as they were all just as good as Newcastle around that time.

It’s extremely difficult to compete in the Premier League unless you’re spending ridiculous money and even then it’s not guaranteed (look at Everton).

Not saying he’s my pick as I wouldn’t be happy with -15 points, but if he was to take over then I think I’d be optimistic in where we would be in 3-5 years time. If I’m honest, Kirchner scares me a lot as it’s just all so unknown and if you read Slync’s staff reviews of Kirchner on Glassdoor it’s concerning. Appleby is a good medium for me, tried and tested but (hopefully) without -15 points.

I did read Slync’s staff reviews of Kirchner on Glassdoor and it is concerning, I realise that the purchase of the club, by CK, is a personal purchase but the reviews on Glassdoor do add fuel to my concerns about CK in the long term . 

1 minute ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I did read Slync’s staff reviews of Kirchner on Glassdoor and it is concerning, I realise that the purchase of the club, by CK, is a personal purchase but the reviews on Glassdoor do add fuel to my concerns about CK in the long term . 

And more so the payments to Dallas Stars, nearly $800k that the Athletic did a piece on.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope, Q never stuck with that after getting no interested bidders when it was in place.

That’s not quite correct.  If the EFL had approved the preferred bidder that was put in front of them in January then that person or party would have had to the £5M.  So there clearly was at least one interested bidder at this point.  The plan was that this secured funding until such time as the takeover was completed.  That was derailed by the EFL insisting that we had to deal with the MFC claim so until that was resolved everything was put on hold as no-one would accept that liability.  The EFL also required us to provide proof of funds to complete the season.  The £5M would have done that.  Due to all of that, the non-refundable deposit was no longer required.

2 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

Apologies if this has previously been shared. This thread is moving so fast now, it`s hard to keep up!

And, Sky Sports reporter Rob Dorsett has given an update on that, as he shared the latest on all of those in the frame.

“Kirchner still adamant he wants to buy, money in European clearing bank, and he’s staying in UK to complete deal. Steve Morgan no longer interested, Andy Appleby trying to refinance a renewed bid, and Ashley feels he’s being frozen out, but has the cash to buy.

“I’m told 2 other unnamed parties also want to buy club. Price for #dcfc now risen to over £30m because of interest payments, plus £22m for stadium. £50m+ would buy most Championship clubs, but Derby in Lg 1 still v attractive because of fan base and commercial potential.”

Dam straight its because of the fanbase 

#derbytilwedie

2 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Yeah I agree. Obviously we can’t take them as 100% fact but it is worrying.

I do think as Derby is more in the public eye then he would be more willing to try and make things work, but I do really feel for the staff…it must be hard to watch him playing golf with professionals and looking to buy football clubs whilst you’re not getting paid to do your job. 

15 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Great post, couldnt agree more

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Nixon is like a sham medium, making totally vague comments that are so utterly ambiguous that they then are interpreted as actual outcomes by the mug punters he's trying to scam whom hang on his every word.

He’s like a medium.

Do you have anyone in your life with an E in their name?

Is there an older man who’s special to you?

Have you ever lost anything or anyone important to you?

There will be happier times ahead.

p.s. Someone may take Derby over at some point.

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Nixon is like a sham medium, making totally vague comments that are so utterly ambiguous that they then are interpreted as actual outcomes by the mug punters he's trying to scam whom hang on his every word.

Sorry TD. Didn’t see your earlier post!

I was really hopeful of a CK/ Rooney partnership but now the guy scares me. The most important part of a purchase is the exchange of cash. Will we get this every time we want to sign someone?