The Administration Thread

Boycie

47 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

We don’t need Ashley there are 3 other bidders. He’s gonna regret messing around in the end. He crapped in when he thought kirchner was going to get the club and tried to get in on the deal. Someone else will finally stump up the money and take it on and he will miss out 

I don’t think Ashley will regret anything. If we end up going for a song and he’s the only one with cash, he’ll buy us. If not, he’ll move on to the next bargain basement deal. 

15 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Im not opposed to Ashley taking over, or anyone really as long as we have a club.

My issue with Ashley is that it appears his offers have been way too low and his PR team are quick to spin this on the admins etc but if his offer was good enough he would be our owner now. 

He is the richest out of all the interested parties, there is no reason at all for him, or any other interested party for that matter, to come in so low we end up with a points deduction.

There are agreements already in place with the EFL & creditors as well as between a 3rd party & Mel for the stadium - someone just needs to match CK bid and send the money, not keep mouthing off to the press when all you have done for 9 months is hope to pick the club at basement price and moan when you get shunned.

Mike Ashley will only buy the club if it’s in his best interests to do so and generate a profit from it.

Even if that means a points deduction. 

It’s easy to get fixated on the short-term. As fans we want no points deduction, new contracts for staff and players, new signings and a promotion challenge.

We may get all that with Chris Kirchner. Then what? We’re back in the Championship, battling with likes of Bristol City in lower midtable, and looking for fresh investment as Kirchner (or Appleby or another) has realized we’re not profitable.

It might be horrible with Mike Ashley in the short-term. But if he is in charge, he’ll be striving for long-term profitability and that comes with a clearer plan to get to the PL.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

I think it is basically about the poor communication. Kirchner was happy to communicate via Twitter when it was all going well and looking positive.

However, now that there are obstacles in the way - whether they are genuine delays at the bank or doubts about actual funding - he has gone completely silent. Aggressively so, in the case of Dan Roan. He didn't even tweet about his beloved golf at the recent event.

That silence has made people wonder if he really is the real deal or an Alonso type tyre kicker.

I think he does genuinely want to buy the club but it does not auger well when he cannot resolve a money transfer which, even at 20 million, is relatively small in such business circles.

The other thing about the communication issue is that it's easy to communicate when things are going well but it's relatively of little value. It's actually when things are not going so well that people are more desperate for information. That's when we would appreciate more briefings. We want to know what's happening.

I still want Kirchner's bid to succeed. I think it's the best chance to keep the academy, Rooney and some of the feel good atmosphere from last year. Though the longer this drags on, the more that feeling is being eroded.

So, even I have lost a lot of my enthusiasm for CK. My second choice would be Appleby/Morgan/Clowes. Sorry MA, you're in next to last place but still preferable to liquidation.

Completely agree with what you have said, his comms have been poor this week. I do think even if he came out and said something it would have been dismissed as an excuse by some the same way his tweets ref bank hols were. But he shouldnt have just gone to ground like he has.

He is the best chance of us keeping Rooney and possibly/hopefully keeping the bulk of the squad together.

Lets hope either his money lands asap or someone elses does.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mike Ashley will only buy the club if it’s in his best interests to do so and generate a profit from it.

Even if that means a points deduction. 

It’s easy to get fixated on the short-term. As fans we want no points deduction, new contracts for staff and players, new signings and a promotion challenge.

We may get all that with Chris Kirchner. Then what? We’re back in the Championship, battling with likes of Bristol City in lower midtable, and looking for fresh investment as Kirchner (or Appleby or another) has realized we’re not profitable.

It might be horrible with Mike Ashley in the short-term. But if he is in charge, he’ll be striving for long-term profitability and that comes with a clearer plan to get to the PL.

I can see where you're coming from but at the same time why cant Ashley buy us where we get 0 points deduction and still aim for long term profitability. What if we got relegated again all so he could save 3m (random figure) and the cost that would be to the club as a whole. Just doesnt make sense short or long term imo to start on minus points. Plus if its a lower offer than CK it means renegotiating with everyone again which makes it all drag on even longer.

Just for a moment, why do the Ashley fan boys think a Mike Ashley takeover= premium league ?

What if we get the exact same as Newcastle, he wants to put in as little as possible each season and we can't even sell sponsorship because it's all sports direct and he basically doesn't GAS about the club?

He's also happy enough letting things he bought that aren't succeeding wither on the vine.

Any port in a storm, if it's Ashley it's Ashley, if it's ck or Appleby or whoever, at least the nightmare is over.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

I can see where you're coming from but at the same time why cant Ashley buy us where we get 0 points deduction and still aim for long term profitability. What if we got relegated again all so he could save 3m (random figure) and the cost that would be to the club as a whole. Just doesnt make sense short or long term imo to start on minus points. Plus if its a lower offer than CK it means renegotiating with everyone again which makes it all drag on even longer.

There’s talk Ashley has been in contact with EFL. If so I’d think he’s also talking to MM about the stadium. He trades businesses and after his Newcastle experience he might be happy to see us as a long term play. So if he pitches a bid at a level that keeps us in div 1 on -15, that might just work fine for him.

Personally I think that if he buys us, next season will be a nightmare 

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Just for a moment, why do the Ashley fan boys think a Mike Ashley takeover= premium league ?

What if we get the exact same as Newcastle, he wants to put in as little as possible each season and we can't even sell sponsorship because it's all sports direct and he basically doesn't GAS about the club?

He's also happy enough letting things he bought that aren't succeeding wither on the vine.

Any port in a storm, if it's Ashley it's Ashley, if it's ck or Appleby or whoever, at least the nightmare is over.

What, Spending most of the time in the prem and for 2 seasons being champions of the championship, then selling us for £300 mill??

As apposed to someone who loved the club, left us relegated, millions in debt and with 5 contracted players.

Yeah tough one innit 

21 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Until it happens we can only speculate. But being a savvy businessman, I’m sure Mike Ashley will weigh up which benefits him (and ultimately the club) more. And that may include getting rid of the current staff which are among the highest paid in the Championship, let alone League One.

I’d welcome Mike Ashley because he is proven at making businesses work long-term. Even if that means short-term pain.

CK is a complete unknown whereas Appleby will be after fresh investment with a couple of years.

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

What, Spending most of the time in the prem and for 2 seasons being champions of the championship, then selling us for £300 mill??

As apposed to someone who loved the club, left us relegated, millions in debt and with 5 contracted players.

Yeah tough one innit 

They were already in the premium league, we're not.

We might be looking forward to "well he'll back us to get back up to league 1" after being relegated to league 2 as the only sign of the taps being turned on in his entire ownership.

I've no idea how it'd go after a Mike Ashley takeover but I'm not going to get carried away that we'll be basically where Newcastle were throughout, and probably more we'll be run how Newcastle were run, which even accounting for Geordie nation delusional expectations was not always ideal.

14 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Until it happens we can only speculate. But being a savvy businessman, I’m sure Mike Ashley will weigh up which benefits him (and ultimately the club) more. And that may include getting rid of the current staff which are among the highest paid in the Championship, let alone League One.

I’d welcome Mike Ashley because he is proven at making businesses work long-term. Even if that means short-term pain.

CK is a complete unknown whereas Appleby will be after fresh investment with a couple of years.

Right now I would welcome anyone who pays enough for us to start on 0 points and gives us the best chance to keep Rooney and the squad as well as bring in new players.

Imo that person is still CK however if it is is Morgan, Appleby, Ashley, Clowes etc then so be it.

Just now, Ram1988 said:

Who do we think the two unnamed parties are? Binnies could be one?  could Clownes be interested?

Clowes maybe, gadsby maybe. I think Binnies decided it wasto complicated and expensive and not the bargain it might have been so won't be back.

Not sure if Morgan was connected to Appleby or a player by himself.

13 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Clowes maybe, gadsby maybe. I think Binnies decided it wasto complicated and expensive and not the bargain it might have been so won't be back.

Not sure if Morgan was connected to Appleby or a player by himself.

Could Gadsby back Appleby to get a deal over the line maybe? If Clownes was interested in PP they could well be interested in the club as a whole as well.

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Right now I would welcome anyone who pays enough for us to start on 0 points and gives us the best chance to keep Rooney and the squad as well as bring in new players.

Imo that person is still CK however if it is is Morgan, Appleby, Ashley, Clowes etc then so be it.

I’d rather we started on -15 points, all staff and players gone, academy players only, relegation to League Two before a 7-year rise back to the PL over what you just mentioned before six years of languishing in the lower reaches of the Championship seeking fresh investment.

I’m not saying either scenario will play out.

But if we try and look at it long-term, maybe, just maybe Mike Ashley (who is a proven entity) will be the better option even if means short-term struggles.

As fans we all want to have a successful season with Rooney as manager, and the likes of Jason Knight, Max Bird, Louie Sibley and co ripping it up in League One.

But Derby’s long-term future sustainability is more important than that.