The Administration Thread

Boycie

31 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Pretty much accurate , except the parachute payments are just an extension of the PL problem.. in order to compete in the Championship you hit against the problem that maybe six or more teams are in receipt of parachute payments and so receive an unfair subsidy.

That was Morris problem, even spending as much as he did , he couldn't outspend the likes of  Aston Villa, who were able to turn down £40 million offers for Grealish, due to parachute money and similar creative accounting to what he employed. . 

And the high wages being paid by the parachuted clubs just up the ante for the wages in a competitive market. Madness, complete  structural madness. And all this the brainchild of one Rick Parry. 

Had to giggle when I found out the EFL get the a percentage of all transfer fees. Hardly going to try to get less transfers or lower fees are they. So also part of the problem 

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Isn't that what happened at slync.io as reported by the Athletic? Seems something to do with outside investors too.

"Kirchner is understood to have issued an apology to Slync.io employees, citing an operational error in the company’s banking practices as the reason for the late payment and promising that it will not happen again.

These issues with late payments arose when Kirchner tries to secure venture capital for Slync.io through what is called a Series C funding round, although he assured the team that the two issues are unrelated."

I thought the company was called Slync.iou ? 

32 minutes ago, jono said:

I was behind Kirchner. Said the right things, good communications, seemed savvy enough to see the mess over the stadium.

Tell us more, You were the one in the green jacket, Has he a strong yank accent, Was he having a pop at the state of the outside of the stadium

56 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Pretty much accurate , except the parachute payments are just an extension of the PL problem.. in order to compete in the Championship you hit against the problem that maybe six or more teams are in receipt of parachute payments and so receive an unfair subsidy.

That was Morris problem, even spending as much as he did , he couldn't outspend the likes of  Aston Villa, who were able to turn down £40 million offers for Grealish, due to parachute money and similar creative accounting to what he employed. . 

And the high wages being paid by the parachuted clubs just up the ante for the wages in a competitive market. Madness, complete  structural madness. And all this the brainchild of one Rick Parry. 

Spot on 

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The terms Germany were forced to submit to after WW1 certainly embedded a resentment in the German people that was exploited by Hitler and his ilk.

Not to mention numerous smaller conflicts that contued in between, japanese pacific expansion and war with china, civil war in russia after the revolution, spanish civil war and so on.

One of the things I only recently learned about was *part* of the reson the treties of versailles at the end of WW1 was so harsh was French revenge for the harshness of the settlement at the end of the Franco-Prussain war of 1870.

Wonder what history will make of our age, eh?

25 minutes ago, Carnero said:

That's fair enough. But what will you do or not do because you are wary?

All we as fans can really do is go to matches and support our team, or not.

Reminds me of those ridiculous government COVID strap lines ?

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The administrators and EFL have already seen proof of his funds haven't they?

You can't show some prospective funding.

They might have seen the amount of funds but not where it's from? There was rumour of the hold up being due to the bank checking funds taking more time because they're from various sources. Who knows. But we do know he funds some of the Slync.io business using venture capital..

Edited by RoyMac5

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol.

It's worrying though that he may be thinking of trying the same kind of funding with us.

No. Scaremongering again Roy. 

one is a business which he is CEO but that also has investors and shareholders. I very much doubt the wages are paid out if HIS OWN bank account! 

DCFC will be bought by his own money, separate from that of Slync.io. 

I don’t need to tell you this as you already know it. You’re just fuelling the panic. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

No. Scaremongering again Roy. one is a business which he is CEO but that also has investors and shareholders. I very much doubt the wages are paid out if HIS OWN bank account! DCFC will be bought by his own money, separate from that of Slync.io. 

I don’t need to tell you this as you already know it. You’re just fuelling the panic. 

How can I be fuelling panic when his money still isn't here?! ?

You'd not bother asking where his funding is coming from then? ?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How can I be fuelling panic when his money still isn't here?! ?

You'd not bother asking where his funding is coming from then? ?

Maybe it’s stuck in something like this 

https://www.ebaclearing.eu/about-eba-clearing/at-a-glance/the-company/

What is the purpose of a clearing bank?

A clearing bank is a banking institution that is a member of a national check clearing network that has the ability to approve or clear checks for payment, even if those checks are not written on accounts associated with that bank.26 May 2022

Edited by Curtains
Added

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Dunno, it says this:

"Today, EURO1 is the only private sector large-value payment system for single same-day euro transactions at a pan-European level. The EURO1 system processes transactions of high priority and urgency, and primarily of large amount, both at a domestic and at a cross-border level."

So except for the same-day thing maybe so. 

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Not to mention numerous smaller conflicts that contued in between, japanese pacific expansion and war with china, civil war in russia after the revolution, spanish civil war and so on.

One of the things I only recently learned about was *part* of the reson the treties of versailles at the end of WW1 was so harsh was French revenge for the harshness of the settlement at the end of the Franco-Prussain war of 1870.

Wonder what history will make of our age, eh?

Get the WW2 historical discussion thread going. I've just spaffed about 5 Audible credits on various audio books on the topic ?